Sign in to follow this  
wolfgang784

Question about battleye bans and new game copies

Hello everyone. One of my friends that I play with was banned on Arma 3 by battleye and now when we tried to play some Dayz Standalone the same ban carried over. My post is not about that, as ridiculous as it is, since I know that is something that will never be changed. Rather, we are curious if he simply buys DayZ again and on a new steam account if he will be able to play again. Does he need to clean his registry? Can he use the same game files copied from the steam directory like you usually can for games? Is there anything in particular that needs to be done to be sure it will work without being banned again for an old ban? Thanks.

Is there anything in particular that needs to be done to be sure it will work without being banned again for an old ban? Thanks.

http://www.battleye.com

• No support can be given on how to buy a new game or change your cd-key.
  • If you cheated you will have to live with the consequences. Global bans are permanent and no exceptions will be made.
Edited by Guest

He wasn't even banned properly for cheating, it was one of those crap ones where it banned him for a program he had that "can be used for cheating" but also has many other uses. 

Thanks anyway I guess though, ill have to look for other communities to get info from.

Edited by wolfgang784

Making a new Steam account and purchasing on DayZ on that one will work. Bans can't carry over multiple Steam accounts

Because that ever works. I remember there was a bug hackers were doing that was causing hundreds of normal players to get flagged for cheating and banned back in Arma 2 and they didn't do shit. They left everyone banned and said it was fixed so it wouldn't happen to more in the future. 

Making a new Steam account and purchasing on DayZ on that one will work. Bans can't carry over multiple Steam accounts

Thanks a bunch, we couldn't find much for confirmation on that.

Edited by wolfgang784

sorry kid but if you play with feathers you're gonna get your ass tickled. Or in other words if you walk around with an illegal weapon, and police catch you with it, the excuse you use isn't going to cut why you have it.

If battle eye detects hacking or cheating software on his pc, then you have to ask why he has it

Edited by archamedes
  • Like 2

sorry kid but you play with feathers and you get your ass tickled. Or in other words if you walk around with an illegal weapon, and polie catch yuo with it, the excuse you use isn't going to cut why you have it

The program is perfectly legitimate and we use it for hex editing but BE decided he was cheating. Thanks for the quality reply. Anyway got one good reply so Im off to researching for more since it looks like I wont get much from here.

salty salty tears.... hmmmmm delicious!

http://www.battleye.com/support.html

Do u rly thing we are stupid? Stop cheating and maybe think before using the same userame from that cheatsite u moron! Google rocks!

:facepalm:

haha another one bites the dust! gratz to the legit ban

post reportet.

Edited by quantum2k6

Hello there

If you really need to find out for your friend there are many resources available online, I suggest Google.

BE will not ban you for having a "cheat" program just on your machine FYI.

Closing.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2