Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

I haven't seen a ammo box either. I have found decent camo gear in civilian areas though.

I logged off in Vybor the other day and figured I'd make a quick run through the base before heading south on my next log in. I hate that base because of the surrounding fields and snipers but figured it was my only shot at military gear for a few towns. Sure enough, within 2 minutes of being at the base, I had a guy log in when I was in the barracks and aim an SKS at me when but not shoot. I didn't draw my gun and told him I was only looking for a vest and had no ammo (I did but didn't want to give him a reason to kill me). He said hello and ran off like he stole something, maybe he didn't have ammo. Either way, I'm glad he left because I was standing in front of a bed with a HC vest and I might have fought to defend it. I grabbed it and GTFO there without even checking the prison.

I headed south and at the outskirts of Zeno, I heard shots. Of course an aggro zed locks onto me and I come a across decently equipped player. He declares friendly and we chatted for a bit, he was very cool. He gave me his pristine fire ax and 20rnd of 39mm without even asking when he saw me having trouble with my ruined ax. He then showed me his Holy Grail, a shiny pristine Longhorn!!! He said it like Zelda when he found it (in a civilian location). He then said he was heading north to lay waste!

So stuff is out there, you just have to be persistent. I can't tell if the loot spawns are more random now or if some areas are just heavily poached but I don't like that supermarkets have no food. The piano houses have no ammo. The typical places don't have the typical loot. While I like that this may deter/foil server hoppers, I don't like that I can't make a dedicated run at an area to get specific loot and not do so. If a town has people in it and I need food, I want to know I can go somewhere and get it. Kinda like when you go to a police station (unlooted, all closed doors) and only find boots and rotten fruit, there's somewhere wrong there. In a survival situation, you want to be precise in certain missions and random loot kills that.

Edited by way455

Has anyone else run into fully geared players? i have run into alot of fresh or semi geared players but no one with an ak and fully decked out cloths and backpack.

I am fully decked out but that is only cause i looted the day the servers were reset with good gear 

I was finally able to find enough gear to fight off zombies.  The thing I'm finding with loot is that you have to keep moving.  Don't just hit buildings that historically have high amounts of good loot, hit everything.  You will inevitably clear a lot of empty houses but it'll pay off when you find some useful gear in a random building. 

so I just went to test the Southwest US servers and ran from Versnik base through NWAF completely.

I heard people reporting that on SWE servers they were seeing decent loot as if the loot was respawning in an intelligent way....

So during my trip I found nothing useful enough to justify a trip up to the northwest. the items I did find could/are easier to find just searching residential/industrial areas

literally here are the types of items I found I wrote them down:

Talon backpacks

Child briefcase

Mountain backpack (only 1)

Lots of boots (mostly damaged)

1 B95 (painted black ditched by another player no ammo found for it)

1 Cz527 carbine (painted green no ammo found for it)

Maps

running shoes

Berets

I did not expect much but wanted to test....

Below is my current exp character. He does not have my ideal loadout I would use on stable but he is very geared compared to 90% of the players I have seen on exp. the reason I am kitted up is cause I got on shortly after they hard reset the servers with new loot. I was able to acquire two AKMs, 2 high cap vests and plenty of ammo and other goodies in that time. 

Since then I have looted several mil bases and killed several players and found next to nothing.

There needs to be balance. If you know the northwest is picked clean 90% of the time...are you really going to run up there? There needs to always be something good to find in the mil bases otherwise raiding them will be pointless for the risk. Sure maybe not as much as on stable but the current exp just is out of control. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299039496

I am fully decked out but that is only cause i looted the day the servers were reset with good gear

That would explain why my experiences have been up and down. One day is decent, the next day nothing.

Having to hit every building is not an issue in a quiet town when your geared to fight off zeds but doing so without ammo or decent melee gear on busy picked off servers is quite a challenge. If the douchebag ratio is 70/30 unlike the usual 90/10, I like it.

The only two things that concern me are the post about watching Balota get hopped every few minutes and the one telling everyone the southwest bases are loot rich. If they weren't hopped before, they certainly will be now.

I don't understand the spawn grid mechanics and I don't know if I want to, I just want stuff to be sensible if at all possible. If they have to make it completely random because of hoppers and loot hiders, that sucks. Making loot harder to find will either make the population a little more friendly, or even more douchey... time will tell.

Sweet fingers crossed for heli crash sites fixed  B)

That and a better thought out loot respawn mechanic....

• Like 3

There goes my loot stash, 2 improvised backpacks, fishing rod, couple of weapons and all you need to survive !

Oh well, the experiment was a success !

• Like 1

Severograd... Is that named so because it is a severely dangerous city or because arms and legs can get severed there? ^^

Anyway, no time to play today so I guess I'll have to check back here tomorrow and see what you guys say about it.

Have fun!

Severograd... Is that named so because it is a severely dangerous city or because arms and legs can get severed there? ^^

Anyway, no time to play today so I guess I'll have to check back here tomorrow and see what you guys say about it.

Have fun!

Mark / World Designer

"We've been busy continuing development of the north expansion. The Northwest has received some love and will continue. Two small villages west of the NW airfield are complete and will be released in the near future (Vavilovo and Sinystok). The other towns east of these are under continued development. 

Work has also begun in the center large town "Severograd". Some unique content for this town is being discussed as to stand out from the other large towns.

Food stands that were implemented in newer towns are being added to most towns across the map. This will hopefully add some loot possibilities for those smaller villages where loot is rare."

Edited by Guest

"Severograd" would be translated as "Northville" or "Norton"  -  severo- just means "north".

Z

I just read that they added crossbow holo sights... I've already found two. I wonder if that was an add to .48 overall and not this patch.

Either way, keep 'em coming! The no wall peaking is going to change the way people storm buildings now, almost like hardcore. :)

so I just went to test the Southwest US servers and ran from Versnik base through NWAF completely.

I heard people reporting that on SWE servers they were seeing decent loot as if the loot was respawning in an intelligent way....

Did you mixed up the SWE (Schweden) Server with Southwest US Server or do I just misinterpret what you wrote? :)

Mark / World Designer

"We've been busy continuing development of the north expansion. The Northwest has received some love and will continue. Two small villages west of the NW airfield are complete and will be released in the near future (Vavilovo and Sinystok).

Finally!!!

Because I missed the old north-west Village incl. barns and garages so much since they deleted it without giving us a compensation. At least they didn't delete the lonely well^^

Edited by Sharplooter

Did you mixed up the SWE (Schweden) Server with Southwest US Server or do I just misinterpret what you wrote? :)

Finally!!!

Because I missed the old north-west Village incl. barns and garages so much since they deleted it without giving us a compansation.

no i did not mixup. SWE with Us southwest

I wanted to see if the exp people had on the SWE severs was the same elsewhere...

my guess is not many people play on SWE servers as other more popular hubs such as US, UK and DE which allowed some of their loot to respawn better and or not get clogged as easily 

no i did not mixup. SWE with Us southwest

I wanted to see if the exp people had on the SWE severs was the same elsewhere...

Ah ok got you now.

my guess is not many people play on SWE servers as other more popular hubs such as US, UK and DE which allowed some of their loot to respawn better and or not get clogged as easily 

Could be possible yes. But the SWE server has short loot from late night till morning when just a few ppl on. At daytime it is well populated and then you can get more loot than you need. 

Edited by Sharplooter

Ah ok got you now.

Could be possible yes. But the SWE server has short loot from late night till morning when just a few ppl on. At daytime it is well populated and then you can get more loot than you need. 

not sure what is up cause i tested all types of US servers and after the recent resets where loot was fresh basically for days there was jack shit to loot on all of em....

was completely pointless to be in a mil base. The people I hunted who normally would be quite geared after they had hit the entire NWAF and several other bases often had no weapons they could defend themselves with. 

Sweet fingers crossed for heli crash sites fixed  B)

Been a couple of hours since the server-drop for updates was announced.  Is this going to happen?  Or did I already miss it?

:D

Z

Edited by Ziad

Been a couple of hours since the server-drop for updates was announced.  Is this going to happen?  Or did I already miss it?

Relax!

Exp branch servers will come offline some point in the next hour or so for an update to that branch.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2d8t3h/exp_branch_servers_will_come_offline_some_point/

Edited by Guest

Kinda like when you go to a police station (unlooted, all closed doors) and only find boots and rotten fruit, there's somewhere wrong there. In a survival situation, you want to be precise in certain missions and random loot kills that.

Just because all the doors are shut doesn't mean anything. I always close all doors behind me. Even the inside ones. First off I want people like you to feel comfortable. If they enter my building I want them to be at ease in case I have to ambush them. I ain't making it easy for anybody.

• Like 2

I hope they don't delete the chars while the update :lol:

@trev186

So you assume that the SWE server is different adjusted than the Southwest US server, right?

I'm in Maine on vacation . Must play dayz but I'm a week away :( please gimme dayz . But I can't wait to hear about this new experimental patch when everyone starts writing about it tonight *cough* *cough*

I hope they don't delete the chars while the update :lol:

@trev186

So you assume that the SWE server is different adjusted than the Southwest US server, right?

No I assume that less people play on SWE servers so the loot has not all be snatched up and the respawns clogged like they are on more popular hubs...

On any US server the loot is all gone from the mil spawns...they were looted so much that only trash loot respawned in their place or loot spawned in non mil areas n the same grid people do not venture to.

It is pointless currently to hit mil bases or popo stations on these servers ur going to have better luck with random civ houses in small towns...

Between loot not despawning cause no one is running to NWAF for rotten fruit or books and the fact that player dropped crap loot does not despawn in a timely matter it is inevitable that eventually there will be no new loot worth taking until someone either loot cycles outside of the grid which is an annoying chore or te devs take action to wipe the servers manually like they have done.