robophant

Questions about zombie spawns, behavior and suchlike

These questions are making me stay awake at night:

How will the zombies be like when one day everything is nice and settled?

I mean

1. when and how exactly will they respawn?
    • will it be like in dayz when they spawn as soon somebody gets in range of a town or a certain area which will let enemies know that you are closeby?
    • or like how they spawn right now, basically out of nowhere, sometimes even point blank in front of your face?
    • does the number of spawning zombies depend on the amount of players in a certain area or town?
      If so, how will that affect ones effort to play stealhy?
  2. what will the aggro-behavior be like?
    • Will they be "aggrod" by noise?
    • line of sight? if so, how far?
    • by shots?
    • by smell? smell of blood maybe, or even by smell of fear and stress or even by the general unhygienc circumstances of some players? So that some player will aggro zombies easier than others?
  3. what happens to dead zombies? (lol, kind of a logical conundrum, isnt it?)
    • will they be lootable?
    • can u catch diseases?
    • will they despawn?
    • will they be movable? like being able to drag them on to a pile and burn em all?
  4. will there be different kinds of zombies?
    • like some moving in hordes and some being all by themselfs and therefor more sneaky?
    • will there be mutated ones like in Resident Evil or will they all be the same like in The Walking Dead

More questions to follow. Feel free to answer or to ask your own questions here.

Edited by robophant

I like the idea of them just roaming around cities and being alerted by sight, sound of playes or animals.

But will there be a way to declare an area as "clear" and safe to explore or party? That would be cool.

And I don't think anyone likes the zeds appearing out of thin air. Maybe we can compromise and just use an animation of them rising from an underground grave classic zombie style when they need to spawn in your vicinity.

I like the idea of them just roaming around cities and being alerted by sight, sound of playes or animals.

But will there be a way to declare an area as "clear" and safe to explore or party? That would be cool.

And I don't think anyone likes the zeds appearing out of thin air. Maybe we can compromise and just use an animation of them rising from an underground grave classic zombie style when they need to spawn in your vicinity.

Yeah i mentioned this idea too. The immersion factor woukd kick ass.

I'd like if zombies spawned inside empty buildings and then ran out into the open.

Would be kinda like zombie nest of sorts, better than when they spawn from thin air.

I'd like if zombies spawned inside empty buildings and then ran out into the open.

Would be kinda like zombie nest of sorts, better than when they spawn from thin air.

yea that would be awesome

Yes, I have asked about this too. It would be more real and immersive if zombies just rise from a static position like in the old Resident Evil games. Zombies should be a permanent part of the environment, whether they are alive or dead. I don't want Dead Rising game where the zombies disappear out of thin air the second you kill them or they appear out of thin air to spawn...

I really, really hope that Dayz final release does not have Dead Rising fake zombies........ Has the team every said what they want to do in final release?