d.walker43

dayz screenshot of fps on low-end laptop

This is getting annoying, im trying to post a screenshot of my fps because some people wanted proof that I could run the game on my system. I took the screenshot, went into Paint real quick to make sure it saved as a .jpg, then uploaded it to Photobucket.com. Then copied that url into the box here. Black square with x in it appears. I attempt to post and message pops up saying "You are not allowed to use that file extension in this community." Sorry but im getting kinda pissed now. It shouldn't be so hard to upload a simple picture. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Why not just paste the photobucket "IMG" url that already includes the img /img brackets? Then you just paste that directly in the text box here (don't use the little image icon on the forum if you're pasting the url already with the IMG brackets included. I have no problems pasting my photobucket images on this forum

See...(this was done using the "IMG" link from photobucket and pasting directly into the text box where you type)

thirsty_zps4abaec91.jpg

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 2

I know that you have to click on the image again at least in imgur.

• Like 1

Why not just paste the photobucket "IMG" url that already includes the img /img brackets? Then you just paste that directly in the text box here (don't use the little image icon on the forum if you're pasting the url already with the IMG brackets included. I have no problems pasting my photobucket images on this forum

How do I get the url that has the image brackets? In photobucket I went to my bucket, clicked on the pic I wanted, copied the url into here, and got the error message.

Right above the reply box there's a small white box with a green thing in the middle and if you hover your mouse over it it says image....click that box and paste the url of the image in the pop-up window when it appears..no need to add the image tag.

• Like 1

How do I get the url that has the image brackets? In photobucket I went to my bucket, clicked on the pic I wanted, copied the url into here, and got the error message.

help_zps3e4469cf.jpg

• Like 2

In photobucket you copy the url from the box "Direct"

In the forum reply box here you click on 'Image' in the toolbar - the Image Properties window opens

You paste the url into the Image Properties window ...

bingo

Dayzscreenshotfps_zps99220f88.jpg

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

@d.walker43 

I've decided to do some benchmarking myself to compare my results. I used my IGP with the latest drivers to get as close as possible to your specs.

Your system:

Core i3 4010U 1.7GHz (Passmark score = 2525)

Intel HD4400 (Passmark score = 533)

My test system:

Core i5 3570k 3.4 GHz (Passmark score =7168)

Intel HD4000 (Passmark score = 455)

bjU3Uch.png

These systems are somewhat comparable in performance. Your graphics card is slightly faster while my cpu is over twice as fast as yours. You mentioned you ran DayZ at medium to high settings which resulted in an average of 40-50 fps in open/forest areas whilst you got about 25 fps in towns.

My DayZ test settings:

r27sllf.jpg

I lowered my resolution one step compared to yours since I didn't get the 1366x768 option. Otherwise I used mostly normal settings and disabled most rendering settings so there can be no confusion. I left my interface resolution at 1080p native.

Now for the results. I used the FRAPS benchmark tool to get a min/max/avg framerate in 3 seperate benchmarks. Benchmark time was about 5-6 minutes for each run playing DayZ like I normally would.

First benchmark: Svetlo

wRdWI1A.png

Second benchmark: Smaller town (don't know which one)

EbAeWQR.png

Third benchmark: Forest and open fields 

1HURK7x.png

As you can see my framerate is quite consistant no matter where I go. I get about the same average fps in towns and forests. I'm quite surprised my fps are actually slightly lower in forests than in towns like Svetlo, but this can probably be clarified by natural dips and highs in framerates. My min went to 0 for a few seconds during the forest benchmark and my max went to 53 when I died in Svetlo. 

I really wonder how your laptop is supposed to get 40-50 fps on average like I've seen you post a few times, since I only manage to get half of that - about 17-19 depending on the area. I'm running on even lower settings than you do, but at the same time my IGP is a tiny bit slower than yours. I doubt my IGP is the problem in this case though. I could probably pull of some 40 fps screenshot as well when looking towards the sea or certain specific areas but that is in no way representative of my average performance. 

Now I do not mean to attack or provoke you in any way. I'm simply wondering how there could be such a difference between these two systems. One screenshot doesn't really prove anything in my book, especially when you want to advise people into buying the game on certain systems or not (referring to the "Can I Run DayZ Retail thread). Perhaps you could do some test runs yourself so we can see what is going on and if there is indeed a rather large difference.

Was the game playable for me? I guess it kind of was. I wouldn't play it like this myself but I can see others being happy with it when they really have no other option. Still, I'd be very hesitant to recommend people into buying and playing DayZ standalone on a system with such low graphics performance. As long as we all tell them the truth, it's up to them to make the final decision. When we spread misinformation it becomes a different case. 

Edited by Salva
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for your help and answers and everything. Beans to all of you! Now I can post my pics on here fine, even though 1 is already done for me, thanks for that pilgrim. Also, @salva I read through your benchmarking results those were interesting. Anyway, thanks again guys!

• Like 2

All right, I actually just finished the post. Added/edited some bits here and there. I just really want to emphasize how important it is to really back up your claims especially when you want to help other people  ;).