Too late to start playing Dayz Mod?

I recently purchased Dayz standalone. From what I've heard, Dayz mod is the game to play currently since Standalone is still in the early stages of development. Would it be worth buying Arma 2 complete? My concern is Dayz Mod's remaining lifespan. I don't want to spend money for a game that'll only end up playing for a few months. Is Dayz mod going to be obsolete anytime soon? 

DayZ Mod is alive and kicking. Though it is with a LOT of mods of the mod. I personally dislike most of them, but it's still got tons of players.

DayZ Standalone = Quality

DayZ Mod = Quantity

Edited by AsOiX
  • Like 2

Lulz DayZ standalone = quality...sheer nonsense....

Mod has it beat hands down... Get a fucking clue...

• Like 6

Has anybody come to a "battleye installation failed" message every time try to get into dayz?

The original DayZ mod that sparked the popularity of Arma 2 is pretty much dead.

On the other hand, the mods known as Epoch and Overpoch which are just improved versions of Wasteland with zombies are all the rage these days. They probably will be for quite some time, I expect them to still be somewhat populated 6 months down the line.

The question is, do you want to play a mod where there are several assault rifles in every barn, MRAPs are a common sight and pretty much everyone has a helicopter?

• Like 1

Wait till a steam sale and buy Arma 2 Combined Operations. It usually shows up for around 8 bucks instead of the usual 25 bucks. The mod has better game features compared to standalone but worse graphics. It may give you a better idea of what to expect in the future of standalone. Dayz Mod is kind of weak but there are others you can download with Dayz Commander that are much better. There are even some solo play mods available on websites with AI Bandits and Heroes if you prefer to play that way.

On the other hand, the mods known as Epoch and Overpoch which are just improved versions of Wasteland with zombies are all the rage these days. They probably will be for quite some time, I expect them to still be somewhat populated 6 months down the line.

Yes, Overpoch is the mod I want to play. Does Overpoch useother Arma II DLCs outside of Combined Operations? 

Yes, Overpoch is the mod I want to play. Does Overpoch useother Arma II DLCs outside of Combined Operations? 

Nope, you're good with just Combined Operations.

Lulz DayZ standalone = quality...sheer nonsense....

Mod has it beat hands down... Get a fucking clue...

No, you get a fucking clue. SA has SO much better content it's ridculous. If you want hacking AS-50's hacked in heli's and military loadout starting gear with 2000 cars and 500 helicopters, then the mod is for you. The fact that you think the MOD will be better than a standalone means you need to get a fucking clue.

The mod is 15x more glitchy than the standalone, and not to mention, that the standalone is an alpha, whilist the mod has been out for a while. There's nothing you can do with arma's base engine.

Dumbo.

Edited by AsOiX
  • Like 1

Kids high as a kite... Lootable crash sites in SA ? Nope... Vehicles in SA? .... Nope. Pop a tent in SA.... Nope. Stfu assiox....

• Like 2

the mod is still great fun, i have both standalone and the mod and still spend my time playing the epoch mod for arma 2, i would recommend the mod while the standalone is still being made.

• Like 1

Kids high as a kite... Lootable crash sites in SA ? Nope... Vehicles in SA? .... Nope. Pop a tent in SA.... Nope. Stfu assiox....

I guess you're just ignorant. Crash sites were and will be back along with tents and persistent loot. The fact that you think the mod is smooth and good is a joke. Also, cars have began to be in development. You really need to read around and know what you're talking about. Crash sites were in, and tents are almost at completion. If you think quantity is better than quality, then maybe you should play the mod forever. The sa is more polished, better graphically, and is going to be way more in depth than the mod. I enjoyrd the mod for a couple years and I loved it. I'm guessimg you're not a vanilla player, but an epoch player

And the fact that you think crash sites tents and cars make the game is pathetic.

Edited by AsOiX
  • Like 1

Both the Mod and standalone are worth playing, although there is currently more to do in the Mod. In terms of opinion, yes others input is nice but really the best thing to do is as Bull Durham said and wait until combined ops goes on sale, that way if you don't like it then you haven't lost a whole lot of money. Keep in mind though that Arma 2 is a good game in itself and is worth playing even without the DayZ element.

Each to his own. Play which ever you like and decide for yourself.  Don't judge by other's opinions, find your own.  That's my advice.  :thumbsup:

I like both though the mod is my favourite. Others prefer the more complex nature of the standalone.  I think they both have strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 2

Each to his own. Play which ever you like and decide for yourself.  Don't judge by other's opinions, find your own.  That's my advice.  :thumbsup:

I like both though the mod is my favourite. Others prefer the more complex nature of the standalone.  I think they both have strengths and weaknesses.

Plus ARMA2 is a pretty decent game which is worth a look into it for itself.

• Like 1

Yes, good point.  Basically, whichever you play, you can't lose in my view.

I miss the vanilla mod. Not so much 1.8+, but earlier versions of the vanilla mod were the game to play back in the day. Too bad stuff like Epoch and Overwatch got so popular. If I'm going that route though, I'd just play Wasteland on Arma 3.

• Like 2

Hello there

If you dont have any of the Arma franchise then buy it. Buy it now! The amount of different mods and addons is staggering. Well worth the cash IMHO.

AsOiX and Rott I know it was a day or two ago but that is NOT how we do things here. Discuss dont insult and if in doubt REPORT.

Rgds

LoK

I miss the vanilla mod. Not so much 1.8+, but earlier versions of the vanilla mod were the game to play back in the day. Too bad stuff like Epoch and Overwatch got so popular. If I'm going that route though, I'd just play Wasteland on Arma 3.

I haven't actually played vanilla in a long while, is there still populated servers? Is it shoot on sight on there as well. Might jump on tomorrow night and see how it is. Edited by YoshiOnYoutube.

No, you get a fucking clue. SA has SO much better content it's ridculous. If you want hacking AS-50's hacked in heli's and military loadout starting gear with 2000 cars and 500 helicopters, then the mod is for you. The fact that you think the MOD will be better than a standalone means you need to get a fucking clue.

The mod is 15x more glitchy than the standalone, and not to mention, that the standalone is an alpha, whilist the mod has been out for a while. There's nothing you can do with arma's base engine.

Dumbo.

Dude the mod is practically a complete game. The standalone is a zombie-less glitchy as fuck deathmatch internet social club. You have no idea what you're talking about.

The SA might be better yes, in like 3 years.

Edited by Borges

Not to talk about the Overpoch abomination that is superpopular right now.

I miss the mod too. It was so beautifully simply.  You geared up and went killing zombies, all the time trying to avoid the COD types, trying to stay alive as long as you could.  I did 180+ days and got shot by a kid sniping fresh spawns from a hill top.  Ah memories.  I loved the early mod.  Now my PC is broken so I can't play and don't know what it's become.

• Like 1

Dude the mod is practically a complete game. The standalone is a zombie-less glitchy as fuck deathmatch internet social club. You have no idea what you're talking about.

The SA might be better yes, in like 3 years.

Complete game. LOOOOL

Complete game. LOOOOL

You know what I meant, no need to troll.

The features in the mod are far more complete than they are in the SA.