Sign in to follow this  
kumando

Insane stuttering in citys!

Hey guys i wonder if anyone could help me figure this out, i think i have a decent rig (i7 4820k at 3.7GhZ a gforce gtx 660 and 4gb ddr3 1333 memory) and in citys the game complety stutters to the point of completly freezing  specially when i zoom in or look around with alt, i dont notice fps drops, just the stutter, maybe i dont have enough ram? What is causing this?

Edited by Kumando

If you are looking for upgrade info, you need to get more ram, at a faster speed. I would recommend 8Gigs @ 1600 to start out. As far as stutter goes, you can open up rescourse monitor while you are playing, and see if the game is maxing anything out while you are playing.

You've got a pretty low end graphics card, I'd wager that's your problem.

Mine is low or mid-low end, but I'm not having the problem. I paid $95 for my card in January 2013.

You've got a pretty low end graphics card, I'd wager that's your problem.

Mine is low or mid-low end, but I'm not having the problem. I paid $95 for my card in January 2013

Sorry its a a GTX660, my bad

Edited by Kumando

, i think i have a decent rig (i7 4820k at 3.7GhZ a gforce gtx 660 and 4gb ddr3 1333 memory)

This is not decent for DayZ, sorry.

This is not decent for DayZ, sorry.

So what is?

For one, the game is not optimised yet. Invisible polygons, on the other side of buildings for example, are rendered in full as far as I know. This problem will persist until much later.

Does the fps drop persist all the time when in town? Or does it take a while then run smoothly?

• Like 1

I have noticed this reduction in performance as well. In certain towns, such as Krast by the NEAF, there is a SERIOUS drop in FPS compared to the previous build.

4 GB Ram might be a little low. I run dual screen and I usually have DayZ on the left and Task Manager up on the right. DayZ sucks up close to 3GB of RAM at times. Depending on what else you've got running that doesn't leave much breathing room before you start paging which is going to destroy performance. If your card is a GTX you should be fine, but your memory looks low, especially if you've got anything else running at all, and even not it seems low.

Not sure about windows 8 but windows 7 uses roughly 3 gigs of ram so yes, you definitely need more and faster ram.

I wouldn't think it's your graphics card OP, I use to run DayZ on a GTX580 just fine. As others have stated, it might be your RAM?

I love these topics, I have a shitty integrated card and don't have half the problems that people who claim to have decent rigs are having.

The only issues I'm having are all game related such as breaking legs when standing still / laying prone.

Edited by RagedDrew

Hey guys i wonder if anyone could help me figure this out, i think i have a decent rig (i7 4820k at 3.7GhZ a gforce gtx 660 and 4gb ddr3 1333 memory) and in citys the game complety stutters to the point of completly freezing  specially when i zoom in or look around with alt, i dont notice fps drops, just the stutter, maybe i dont have enough ram? What is causing this?

I dont get this pc build epic cpu ( the 4820k is pretty damn good and it clocks reasonable well) coupled with a low amount of slow ram and add on top a  lower mid range gpu...

If you have windows 8 it does use slightly less ram than windows 7 but not a huge amount less. 8 gig of ram is recomended for good gaming and i would go much faster ram 1600mhz atleast prefrerably 2133 or 2400mhz and something matched to run with intel.( but only a few recent games take advantage of fast ram so 1600 is ok damn am i becoming a parts snob....)

If you have decent cooling on your cpu i would suggest OCing it a little, a nice 4.5 ghz it will handle without having to up voltage ( the one flaw of the 4820k it power hungry out the box, its what a 130 tdp vs the 4770k's 80 tdp, but can actually be down clocked to run standard speed at a lower voltage

I'd post my specs, but I think you guys would all have your heads explode wondering how I run this game on a 400$ HP desktop

I wouldn't think it's your graphics card OP, I use to run DayZ on a GTX580 just fine. As others have stated, it might be your RAM?

GTX 580 is roughly equivalent to a GTX 760.

I disable shadows if im fighting inside cities. It improves fps dramaticly

I disable shadows if im fighting inside cities. It improves fps dramaticly

Dr_HAX_objects_by_NeoChomik.png

His memory is fine; it sounds more driver related to me.

There are very few reasons to add more than 4GB of RAM to a computer. While 4GB is not ideal, it's certainly not causing his stuttering. My computer doesn't even use 4GB when I'm playing DayZ with Skype and twenty tabs open on Chrome.

Try updating your drivers, or if they're up to date, reinstall them. You could also try verifying the DayZ file cache.

Your computer is definitely capable of running DayZ. There's a culprit somewhere.

• Like 2

GTX 580 is roughly equivalent to a GTX 760.

Far from it.

I made the swap & instantly noticed a performance increase.

The 5 series is just outdated at this point.

Regardless, how does my old graphics card compared to my new one help this conversation whatsoever?

Far from it.

580 vs 760

I made the swap & instantly noticed a performance increase.

The 5 series is just outdated at this point.

Regardless, how does my old graphics card compared to my new one help this conversation whatsoever?

It doesn't, really. I just saw you mention that the 580 ran DayZ "just fine". Of course it ran DayZ just fine, it's still a great card. The 760 does AF a lot better and uses a lot less power than the 580, but that's about it. My kid uses one of my old 580s that I ran in SLI before upgrading to 780 Ti SLI, and it's still running games like BF4 and AC4 on medium-high settings at 60 FPS.

Anyway, congratulations on your upgrade! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

• Like 1

Hax

Don't think it gives me any advantages but god it helps around those apartments. Sliky smooth

Edited by aasand

His memory is fine; it sounds more driver related to me.

There are very few reasons to add more than 4GB of RAM to a computer. While 4GB is not ideal, it's certainly not causing his stuttering. My computer doesn't even use 4GB when I'm playing DayZ with Skype and twenty tabs open on Chrome.

Try updating your drivers, or if they're up to date, reinstall them. You could also try verifying the DayZ file cache.

Your computer is definitely capable of running DayZ. There's a culprit somewhere.

My drivers are up to date, what do you mean dayz cache file? is it the verify the integrity of cache on steam? If its that ive already done it:s

I have a

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 @ 3 GB -GPU,

16 GB Kingston HyperX Beast -RAM

i5 4570 @ 3.2 GHz OC to 3.4 GHz

Samsung 840 Pro Series -SSD

And I have lag in cities.

I have a

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 @ 3 GB -GPU,

16 GB Kingston HyperX Beast -RAM

i5 4570 @ 3.2 GHz OC to 3.4 GHz

Samsung 840 Pro Series -SSD

And I have lag in cities.

Its no lag my fps are acceptabe in  cities its stuttering that bothers me to the point of freezing for a few seconds.

Its no lag my fps are acceptabe in  cities its stuttering that bothers me to the point of freezing for a few seconds.

Oh. I don't have real freezing but sometimes drops to ~15/20 fps.