d.walker43

Is the update as bad as everyone says?

Hey guys, so ive seen tons of posts about problems with the update and how it sucks. Is it really this bad, or are these trolls/just people trying to cause trouble? I havnt played yet on the new stable update. Please don't give me any shit, simply wondering. Thanks.

IMO the movements are still broken as hell. All they did was add a layer of clunkyness on top of the clunkyness.

Again this is just my opinion. :P

• Like 10

Except for the rare left mouse button issue, the game works fine.

The caveat is that alpha-dayz requires a pretty nice rig to run smooth like.  I've played for several hundred more hours than I'd like to admit, have a nice PC, and rarely encounter the problems that I see other people on the forums are having.  /shrug

• Like 2

Except for the rare left mouse button issue, the game works fine.

The caveat is that alpha-dayz requires a pretty nice rig to run smooth like.  I've played for several hundred more hours than I'd like to admit, have a nice PC, and rarely encounter the problems that I see other people on the forums are having.  /shrug

This same thing from me

• Like 1

Not noticed anything different besides new item. It feels exactly the same as it always has done.

• Like 2

Something is up with melee hit detection. I've been forced to fight zombies for up to 2 minutes in some cases because my axe won't connect.

Movement is a bit wonky. Vaulting is definitely more clumsy. Oh, and dupers are still running rampant.

The problems aren't quite game-breaking, but they're close.

• Like 2

It feels exactly the same as it always has done.

Well, that's just not possible.

I will admit I'm pretty thrilled that you can't run while pointing a gun.  It's a double-edged sword though.  

Are footsteps quieter with the new crouch-walk/run? Or is my mind playing tricks?  

I'm also seeing a lot of loot spawn in houses that didn't spawn loot before and houses that spawned very sparse loot.

Something is up with melee hit detection. I've been forced to fight zombies for up to 2 minutes in some cases because my axe won't connect.

Movement is a bit wonky. Vaulting is definitely more clumsy. Oh, and dupers are still running rampant.

The problems aren't quite game-breaking, but they're close.

Game breaking? Hardly. The melee hit detection is currently messed up so you have to change your aim a little. It takes all of like 5 minutes to get adjusted to it, just like when the melee hit detection got messed up around .44 I think it was. Don't use anything but an axe IMHO. Even if you swing and hit nothing but air you should still be circle strafing to keep from being hit so I don't know what you guys are doing but it's wrong. Plus It's alpha and shit is going to get messed up from time to time as they add new features and content. Those of us that live in experimental are probably used to this by now and honestly this is one of the better updates this game has received. I'd gladly take the melee hit detection being off because now you can actually lose a zombie, or 5, by running through and around buildings since we have the initial navmesh in place, yet you don't see anyone praising that long complaint of zombies glitching through walls. Is it perfect? No, but it's not supposed to be at this point. I would suggest to come back when it's in beta when things gets polished if you do not like to see things get wonky during development.

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 5

Personally I don't think it's that bad, lucky for me I've not had the LMB bug yet (did on EXP a lot though) and hit detection issue is there but as someone already said, it takes a few minutes just to compensate for that.

The melee seems a bit worse, other than that it's a great update.

1st time on latest regular, LMB bug after a half hour, FPS going from 60 to 2 several times.  

Not to worry though - FPS doesn't affect zeds, so they can continue to eat my face off while I illustrate how to deploy a splitting axe with a fucking powerpoint presentation.

• Like 3

Just this update, I feel like the FPS rate has dropped a TON. Those "lag spikes" where your FPS drops to 10-15 when you normally have 40-60 seems to happen way more frequently, and the game is kind of more clunky.

• Like 1

Hey guys, so ive seen tons of posts about problems with the update and how it sucks. Is it really this bad, or are these trolls/just people trying to cause trouble? I havnt played yet on the new stable update. Please don't give me any shit, simply wondering. Thanks.

I'm experiencing more slowdowns and had the left mouse button-bug once in a few hours. Melee seems to be missing a lot where I'd expect hits.

On the other hand, my character now jumps every time I press 'v'. Zombies seem to move better and there should be loot re-spawning now. You get less of a "oh that's looted, might as well just leave" feeling. Seen fewer server crashes, but that might just have been luck.

Let's put it this way, OP: the update is totally playable if you have some patience to adjust to it. There are definitely some frustrating things introduced with this patch, but none of them are "game-breaking" and I have faith that the worst of them will be remedied with the hotfix next week.

• Like 1

who might those strange "everyone" People be ?

Havent seen alot of complains just the usual "layer 8" derp Posts.... ( plus the "omg Zombies are so hard and so many of them" make me laugh...

*altho, the experimental Servers seem a ton more responsive than most of the stable ones

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I have only 1 complaint about the latest patch, they ruined nightime. I can just throw away my flashlight now because it's useless...

I have only 1 complaint about the latest patch, they ruined nightime. I can just throw away my flashlight now because it's useless...

Or you can turn your gamma/brightness down to the middle and play how it's intended to be played... 

It's still dark.. It just isn't monochrome. Flashlights have never really been that useful to begin with.

Edited by Etherimp

Or you can turn your gamma/brightness down to the middle and play how it's intended to be played... 

It's still dark.. It just isn't monochrome. Flashlights have never really been that useful to begin with.

Are you insuaniating that I use gamma to cheat, I have always tuned gamma lower than default because I always tought it has been to bright at night.

Now I have turned gamma to minimun and still I can see the loot laying around even in cloudy weather(hate messing with gamma, because turning it all down I also loose some detail). Flaslight was the only fucking way you could se shit before the latest exp/stable!!!(offcourse you could stumble around using tab while not seeing shit without a flashlight, but if you wanted to see, it would be very useful). Im a nightime player and have logged 230 hours into this game. Don't try to tell me how it was.

Are you insuaniating that I use gamma to cheat, I have always tuned gamma lower than default because I always tought it has been to bright at night.

Now I have turned gamma to minimun and still I can see the loot laying around even in cloudy weather(hate messing with gamma, because turning it all down I also loose some detail). Flaslight was the only fucking way you could se shit before the latest exp/stable!!!(offcourse you could stumble around using tab while not seeing shit without a flashlight, but if you wanted to see, it would be very useful). Im a nightime player and have logged 230 hours into this game. Don't try to tell me how it was.

Stop being so defensive and actually read what he said. He said turn gamma and brightness down. "Cheating" would be turning them up to see more easily.

Also, yes, flashlights are not that useful and never have been. A gas lamp is way more effective if you're actually trying to see.

I also don't notice any difference in player movement, infact it seems quite silky smooth now. Perhaps i never took advantage of the movement features that were removed in the first place? 

• Like 1

This commmunity makes everything seem worse than it actually is..

As someone else already stated, it's just a matter of getting use to it.

Controls feel good to me. Yes, different, but good.

• Like 3

It's ok, but they screwed up on the zeds, making their bugginess a real danger.

Edited by aasand

Good patch. However, melee is very frustrating right now. Axes, machetes, my blazing fists of justice: they all seem to connect with an opponent's face randomly, even when I swing in the same place.

I also couldn't finish off a sniper I got the drop on in the apartment buildings outside of Berezino because my pickaxe wouldn't swing. I was ambushed by two zombies and couldn't defend myself.

But overall, really, this patch gives me hope. A hotfix would be nice, but keep up God's work, team! 

This commmunity makes everything seem worse than it actually is..

As someone else already stated, it's just a matter of getting use to it.

Controls feel good to me. Yes, different, but good.

The point of playing a game is alpha is not "Getting used" to the controls. It's providing feedback on the patch so that we may improve the game for future patches, whether that be negative or positive. We make it seem "way worse than it is" because we have opinions on how we feel about the updates, and a lot of people really don't like it. Some people do, but most of them aren't telling the people who don't like it to "get used to it" for the most part. And that's awesome if they like it. I'm not sure HOW they do, but they do, so good for them. But please, don't tell me it's about "getting used" to something, because what's the point? As soon as I'm used to it, it's probably going to be changed in the next patch.

*smh*

So far from what i've seen in the community and talked with a lot of my DayZ friends, the overall consensus from what - i - have seen is that the new movement is not favorable.

Edited by DeatHTaX