shark1232

Servers menu loading slow than freezes..No servers

Okay, i didn't play DayZ for a while.After i started it the main menu was OK, but when i press Multiplayer it loads the menu about 20 sec (previous times 2 sec)

When it loads there are no servers, when i press refresh everything freezes for 20 sec again..

Nothing happens than press filters (20 sec more).Nothing happens > No servers showing up .Its not Lag because i lower the quality and it was the same.

I've tried :

Turning off Firewall

Turning off Avast

Runing as admin

Battleye reinstall

I think its definatly something whith the connection(its not the internet) Something is blocking, but i don't know what is it??

Alright, are you connected via WiFi or Ethernet or other means? Can you go to www.speedtest.net and provide me the results.

What operating system are you using? If you're using WiFi are you using an onboard card or adapter? Feed me information!

Im using wifi i play on laptop.

Im on windows 8.

Speedtest--->   Ping-18 Down- 14mb/s  Up-3 mb/s

Onboard

Edited by shark1232

Does your router have a firewall and if so, have you tried disabling your routers firewall?

No its not working i've turned off the firewall still not working.should i turn it back?

I'd enable the router firewall afterwards, yes. Is there any way you can connect your laptop to an Ethernet cable and see if it works then?

If it worths via Ethernet, then we can establish if it's an issue with the onboard WiFi chip, which could be a simple update to drivers. I'll be back in a bit and check in on the thread, but have to nip out now. When you try on Ethernet, if it works - then go online and try to update as many drivers for your laptop as possible, specifically the driver for that WiFi chipset. Lots and lots of guides online how to do that. Good luck!

Nope..Its not working. By the way i have a friend with the same problem, so think the problem is not personal.

Maybe i should start with this sorry

Edited by shark1232

Nope..Its not working. By the way i have a friend with the same problem, so think the problem is not personal.

Maybe i should start with this sorry

Hm, possibly. Can you tell me your steam name so I message you on there?

I have this exact same issue. Just installed for the first time ever via 6play.

It installed the OA beta patch and something called "expansion" - is that part of the issue ?

Earlier I had this working, however it complained about missing files on a server I connected to and I installed those things considering it might be the issue.

Edited by AussieHunter

I have this exact same issue. Just installed for the first time ever via 6play.

It installed the OA beta patch and something called "expansion" - is that part of the issue ?

Earlier I had this working, however it complained about missing files on a server I connected to and I installed those things considering it might be the issue.

This thread is for Stand Alone. Go to the mod troubleshooting section of the forums and look around for an answer to your problem there. :P

• Like 1

Its GamyXsound

Hm, I'm not even seeing the game in your inventory at all. The other thing I can suggest is using remote connection. 

Load up DayZ Standalone, Go to Change Server, Click on the 'Remote' tab and enter the IP: 81.19.216.155 and the Port: 2340, click connect and you should see my server. Click connect and see what happens.

Dude the game is working!! Thanks for the help it was something wrong whith the router, my internet provider fixed it  ,btw I dont have the game bec this is my personal steam.Me and my brother have a steam, where we buy games.In this one i just play free games and e.t.c. I'm called Shark1232 ingame if you meet me .Don't shoot me :D Thanks for all the help ;)

• Like 1