gibonez

First Balancing pass on firearms

c9fac949fa.png

It appears the firearms have been adjusted in EXP does this mean the dispersion and accessory mechanic is gone ?

Report your findings here.

• Like 2

What do they mean "balancing pass of firearms".    Does that mean the just reduced or increased damage or did they increase or reduce bullet dispersion, or both?

How do we know how to test it if we don't know what they changed?

What do they mean "balancing pass of firearms".    Does that mean the just reduced or increased damage or did they increase or reduce bullet dispersion, or both?

How do we know how to test it if we don't know what they changed?

Well gotta play to find out. Ether its going to be REALLY good or a really bad change. That about sums it up.

Or "really" breaks something else like most patches do....

The gun balance may work but maybe now we can't go prone or something.   I'm afraid to find out.

• Like 4

I think dispersion will most likely stay in game but it might be partially replaced by sway from what we saw in the last updates (especially the AKM dispersion).

My candidates are:

- dispersion

- sway

- recoil

- turn rate

- rate of fire

- damaage

- attachments and their effects

- rarity/location

Did anyone notice changes in one of those areas?

And what's the relation between bandana and weaponbalance?

I'd love to see a more complex/in depth medical and wounding system to go with these weapon changes.

• Like 3

Interested to see what they actually have done, rather than speculate endlessly with a tinfoil hat on waiting for them to inevitably fuck up.

And before anyone, once we find out what they've done and you don't like it, reacts... remember what the Tweet says. "1st balancing pass of firearms," not final... not third... first.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 6

I'd love to see a more complex/in depth medical and wounding system to go with these weapon changes.

Me too. Till then we'll just walk it out.

• Like 2

And what's the relation between bandana and weaponbalance?

Absolutely shit. Its more exciting than weapons balance until i can find a working weapon. lmao

Not really sure what these changes are myself. Killing infected seems to be fine with my SKS seems to be no different. Will require multiple weapons and maybe some range test or something.

Not really sure what these changes are myself. Killing infected seems to be fine with my SKS seems to be no different. Will require multiple weapons and maybe some range test or something.

Bear in mind, balance could mean multiple things.

Could be in reference to weapon performance.

Could just be in reference to rarity/commonality tweaks with regard to weapons/magazines/ammunition.

Could be both.

Bear in mind, balance could mean multiple things.

Could be in reference to weapon performance.

Could just be in reference to rarity/commonality tweaks with regard to weapons/magazines/ammunition.

Could be both.

Iv noticed iv been finding less of the AKM and SKS ammo so maybe thats apart of it. Finding less clips to but it will take maybe a restart or two to see if im right or not.

Could be anything you listed so who knows.

Edited by Deathlove

Some one go shoot some pistols at a wall or something and see if guns shoot straight yet.

Some one go shoot some pistols at a wall or something and see if guns shoot straight yet.

I would if i could find some magazines for the gun. <____>

Reduced dispersion for one thing

SKS = 5.16 MOA

M4A1 CQB = 4.30 MOA

M4A1 = 4.13 MOA

M4A1 RIS, standard = 4.04 MOA

M4A1 Magpul = 3.78 MOA

CZ527 = 5.16 MOA

Mosin = 3.44 MOA

Blaser = 3.44 MOA

10/22 = 3.44 MOA

1911 = 5.4" @ 25 yd

• Like 5

For reference ARMA 2

M16A4 = 3.44 MOA

AK101 = 4.30 MOA

M4A1 = 6.02 MOA

AKM = 6.70 MOA

AKM, AK-101 are both the same dispersion as M4A1 in experimental with their equivalent attachments [edit: not so]

Edited by Gews

Reduced dispersion for one thing

SKS = 5.16 MOA

M4A1 CQB = 4.30 MOA

M4A1 = 4.13 MOA

M4A1 RIS, standard = 4.04 MOA

M4A1 Magpul = 3.78 MOA

CZ527 = 5.16 MOA

Mosin = 3.44 MOA

Blaser = 3.44 MOA

10/22 = 3.44 MOA

1911 = 5.4" @ 25 yd

Hmm those numbers seem pretty spot on and these are in the new update ?

The only one that seems off is the mosin 3.4 moa seems too accurate for a mosin and 5.16 seems far too inaccurate for a cz 527 a gun I want to buy merely because of its reported to shoot about 2 moa with crappy surplus ammo. One of the main reasons I will buy one. Although the 50 dollar magazines scare me.

The only one that seems off is the mosin 3.4 moa seems too accurate for a mosin and 5.16 seems far too inaccurate for a cz 527 a gun I want to buy merely because of its reported to shoot about 2 moa with crappy surplus ammo. One of the main reasons I will buy one. Although the 50 dollar magazines scare me.

I'd say they could probably swap the values for the Mosin and CZ and that would be more accurate. Of course, 5.16 MOA is still pretty bad even for a Mosin (unless it's old and incredibly worn), so maybe a solid 5.00

Experimental now

Of course, 5.16 MOA is still pretty bad even for a Mosin (unless it's old and incredibly worn), so maybe a solid 5.00

Scopes now reduce dispersion, so it is:

3.09 MOA with PU scope

2.56 MOA with long range scope

I'm sure it will still be tweaked furthermore in the "2nd balancing pass". 3.5-4 sounds around right. Players probably would not notice a difference +/- 0.5, 1.0 MOA so it's a li'l bit nitpicking.

• Like 4

I'm sure it will still be tweaked furthermore in the "2nd balancing pass". 3.5-4 sounds around right. Players probably would not notice a difference +/- 0.5, 1.0 MOA so it's a li'l bit nitpicking.

That + or 0 .5 or 1 moa makes all the difference man.

It is the determining factor that leads to the mosin nagant unrealisticly hitting people at 1400m or not.

It is the determining factor that leads to the mosin nagant unrealisticly hitting people at 1400m or not.

They've confirmed that the mosin is going to be rechambered in 12.7x99mm ammo and be made into the new anti-materiel rifle, haven't you heard? Also, you can strip it down so that the only thing left of the original gun is the barrel, where everything else is railed, plastic, and can hold two M203 laser-guided grenade launchers in addition to the LRS/ACOG/Aimpoint/Eotech/Thermal hybrid scope and a laser designator to call in A-10, Napalm, and Tsar Bomba strikes.

• Like 2

They've confirmed that the mosin is going to be rechambered in 12.7x99mm ammo and be made into the new anti-materiel rifle, haven't you heard? Also, you can strip it down so that the only thing left of the original gun is the barrel, where everything else is railed, plastic, and can hold two M203 laser-guided grenade launchers in addition to the LRS/ACOG/Aimpoint/Eotech/Thermal hybrid scope and a laser designator to call in A-10, Napalm, and Tsar Bomba strikes.

Sadly some tacticool mosins can mount m203s.

wMOMToh.jpg

• Like 1

It makes a difference at extreme range but for iron sights, red dots, it will be mostly unnoticeable, only time I really noticed weapon dispersion in A2 was CZ550 past 1200m and SA58 ACOG 600m plus. 1.5 vs 1.0 MOA is a 63% larger difference than 3.5 vs 4.0. One can't really argue Mosin should have a certain precise dispersion either, there were 37 million made, they will vary, it must be relative. Even with the LRS it only shoots 2.7" at 100 yd, not exactly great.

• Like 1