DrChaos

The real survival DayZ

First of all sorry for my english.

---You dont need to read this part---

DayZ... I like this game, this was the first in my "life" what came out from my dreams. An apocaliptic survival open world with zombies and its multiplayer. Lets analyse this sentence. "An apocaliptic survival": you have barely nothing, the civilization is destroyed, but the survivors can use the things of the lost world to survive and build the new one, and you are one of them. You must eat, drink, keep yourself warm, etc, and you can do it in the wild and/or by looting the ruins of the old world. "Open world": you dont need to follow a storyline, a questline, or anything else, you can do anything you want, and anything you can, its open, you are free. "With zombies": its too easy and boring just survive the hunger, thirst, cold, and diseases? Be happy, you must fight with the hordes of the living dead too! "And its multiplayer": you are not alone, there are more survivors of the apocalypse, and they are not just programmed NPC-s, they are real people! You can fight with or (mostly) against real players.

At the begin, I only missed the real builder part. Of course there was lot of things which ones was a little bit annoying (spawn snipers, vehicle hoarders, too strong weapons (as50...), bugs, more bugs, and even more bugs), but beside them i really enjoyed DayZ. I was in the loot/die circle and I knew that if I die most of the times I will lose everything I had, but that was not bad for me, it was only a challenge to stay alive, to survive. And than I was at that point, the "what to do now" point. So i stopped playing "the game of my life". Then I came back, and there was the Epoch and OverPoch, and it was amazing, there was the real builder part what I missed from this game. Not like the buildings in Origins, no, you can build custom building, freely as you want! With my friends we built little shelters, house parks, and massive bases. We fought wars against other player groups, finally we fought with armed helicopters, tank-like land vehicles, heat-seeking rockets, as50/m107/lapua in everyones hands, if we wanted something we made an AI mission, sold their weapons/vehicles, and with the money we bought anything we want. And after weeks when we fought an other battle, I was in a hill sniping our enemies base. After some minutes I heard a zombie and i tought: "f**k you zombie, not now", with my silenced pistol I killed the zombie and went back to sniping. The zombie was only an annoying thing in a zombie survival game! I felt myself in Battlefield Zombieland... not in DayZ.

---Here starts the part which is matters---

I want my real survival DayZ, and I need your help fellow survivors. If there is any ArmA2OA DayZ mod server which have the parameters what I will write down, than just give me its IP. If there are nothing like this, i want to disguss a DayZ mod/server suggestion, which one can have the real survival DayZ experience, the "apocaliptic survival open world with zombies multiplayer game" experience.

So here is my list (feel free to give more ideas, or criticize any of it):

- Epoch-like building system: cause I love it, its a little bit like lego, and u should find any building supplies in loot, except vaults

- no NPCs! so no traders, no AI missions, no AI patrols, etc, EXCEPT the zombies: you cant interact with them as with real people, and NPC traders are so bad for the DayZ experience, you do not need to find the supplies, for example, if you have too much engine-parts, you can sell them and buy the beans you want, ok, its easy, and practical, but its not part of an apocaliptic world, except if u trade with an other survivor (and hope that he/she or his/her friend will not kill you before or after the trade)

- no extra buildings: or with extra buildings, make loot more rare

- barricades and vehicle-wrecks on roads can be dismantled, and it gives a random vehicle part: like in Epoch

- better zombies: I want them to be as a threat, not just an annoying part of the game, so I suggest to give them more blood-point, or make them invincible except for the headshots, and/or, if possible (without bugs) let them run inside buildings too, maybe with these ideas less zombies should spawn and/or the zombies should spawn slower after killing them

- zombies spawn if a player is 1000m close to their spawn point, and even if that player is in a vehicle: cause zombie spawn mostly tells that there are a player, so if zombies will spawn from this far and even when you are in a vehicle, you will dont know that there are an other playr or these zombies are spawned bacause of you

- clothes with backpacks: make every cloth (skin) to show the backpack (even the ghuillie), or get rid of which ones arent show it: cause a greater backpack should be a disadvantage in visibility

- better hunger, thirst: maybe you should need more time to get hungry or thirsty but u should need more food/drink to fill your hunger/thirst meter, and you should not be able to eat/drink as much as you want at a time

- no vehicle tow and lift: just because dont make things easy

- auto bloodregen, no self bloodbag, and food doesnt gives you blood: your blood regenerates automatically, if your wounds are clean, other players can use bloodbags to give you blood, but only once at a time, and food doesnt gives you any blood, so you must wait to heal up, or you need an other survivors help

- no debug monitor: you dont need to know that things, maybe only an FPS meter

- no traces, no death messages, no crosshair, no nameplates: its hardcore, I dont know about the 3rd person view, I think it can be available

- 8 or 12 hours between server restarts: maybe 4-6 hours day, and 4-6 hours night

- better humanity system and make it count: players should take care about their humanity, maybe everyone should start with 0 humanity, the bandits (-5000) should start with no gear after respawn, and the heroes (+5000) should start with extra gear after respawn, beside that you should get -humanity if you kill or hurt someone and you should get +humanity only for giving bloodbag, and by burying dead characters, but every player should get +humanity only once per server restarts for bloodbag-giving and for the bury, with this you cant be a hero with the "I-shot-you-than-bloodbag/bury-you-a-hundred-times" method

- original spawn: no halo spawn, no spawn select, you died, it must count

- woodcutting system: like in Epoch

- weight system: like in Epoch

- no smelting, no gold/silver/copper/tin/aluminium bars, no gems, no ore veins, no ammo supply crates (that random black boxes), no keymakers kit, no hotwire kit: cause you do not need them

- rare gps, rangefinder, and nightvision

/// weapons and ammo: only the available ones, there should be no more beside these in the server(/mod)

- chemlites and roadflares (common, can be mostly anywhere)

- smoke grenades (avarage, at any military loot places)

- flare m203 (rare, only at hangars, military tents, barracks and heli crashes)

- explosives (very rare, only at barracks and heli crashes): rgo grenade, m67 grenade, gp-25he, m203he

- melee (can be mostly anywhere but some are easier to find than others):

common: crowbar, baseball bat, hatchet

avarage: fishing pole, machete

rare: sledgehammer parts

very rare:  chainsaw

- secondary weapons (pistols and the sa61):

common (can be mostly anywhere): makarov / makarov-mag

avarage (at any military loot places): m9, revolver, m1911 / m9-mag, 45acp, m1911-mag

rare (only at hangars, military tents, barracks, and heli crashes): g17, sa61, makarovsd / g17-mag, sa61-mag, makarovsd-mag

very rare (only at barracks and heli crashes): m9sd / m9sd-mag

- shotguns and single-shot:

common (can be mostly anywhere): crossbow, double-barreled shotgun / arrows (you can craft them from wood piles too), 2rnd-pellets, 2rnd-slug

avarage (at any military loot places): lee-enfield, m1014, remington870 / lee-enfieldmag, 8rnd-pellets, 8rnd-slug

rare (only at hangars, military tents, barracks, and heli crashes): saiga12k / 8rnd-saigapellets, 8rnd-saigaslug

- submachine guns:

avarage (at any military loot places): mp5 / mp5-mag

rare (only at hangars, military tents, barracks, and heli crashes): mp5sd / mp5sd-mag

- assault rifles:

avarage (at any military loot places): ak74, aks74u, aks74-kobra, m4a1, m16a2, m4a1-aim / ak-mag, stanag

rare (only at hangars, military tents, barracks, and heli crashes): akm, sa58p, sa58v, sa58v-cco, ak107-gl, ak107-pso, m16a2-gl, m16a4-acog / akm-mag, sa58-mag

very rare (only at barracks and heli crashes): rpk, sa58v-rco, ak107-gl-pso, m16a4-acog-gl, m4a1-aim-sd / rpk-mag, stanag-sd

- sniper rifles:

avarage (at any military loot places): cz550 / cz550-mag

rare (only at hangars, military tents, barracks, and heli crashes): m24, m14-aim / m24-mag, dmr-mag

very rare (only at barracks and heli crashes): svd / svd-mag

- magazines only for armed vehicles: pkm-mag and m240-mag (very rare, only at barracks and heli crashes)

/// vehicles: only the available ones, there should be no more beside these in the server(/mod), and at every restart they should disappear and respawn (at one of they original spawn points), so you cant hoard vehicles

!(these numbers shows you how much from that vehicle should spawn)

- craftable: the crafted vehicles should disappear at server restart, but you can dismantle them, and you need a toolbox on your toolbelt to craft any of these

mountain bike (to craft it you need: scrap metal)

motorcycle (to craft it you need: scrap metal, engine, fueltank, and 2 wheels)

mozzie (to craft it you need: 2 scrap metals, rotor, engine, and fueltank)

- civilian land vehicles:

old bike (10-20)

old motorcycle (3-5)

lada (3-5)

hatchback (2-3)

skoda (1-2)

sedan (1-2)

lada  taxi (1-2)

sedan taxi (1-2)

lada police (2-3)

gaz volha (2-3)

betty van (1-2)

offroad datsun/hilux (2-3)

suv (1)

tractor (4-6)

ikarus (3-5)

v3s (2-3)

- military land vehicles:

atv (2-3)

uaz (3-5)

ural (1-2)

kamaz refuel (1)

offroad pk (2)

- boats:

jetski (1-2)

pbx (1-2)

fishing boat (2-3)

- civilian aircraft:

cessna skywagon (3-5)

an2 (1)

little bird (2-3)

- military aircraft:

uh1h (1) and/or an2 with m240 (0-1?)

mi17 armed (1)

/// donation system: everyone can donate money, but if u donate enough u can get a lockable vehicle, which will stay after restarts too

- avarage donation: a lockable civil car (vw golf)

- big donation: a lockable military vehicle (hmmwv unarmed)

- rich donation: a lockable helicopter (bell 47)

Edited by DrChaos

/// donation system: everyone can donate money, but if u donate enough u can get a lockable vehicle, which will stay after restarts too
- avarage donation: a lockable civil car (vw golf)
- big donation: a lockable military vehicle (hmmwv unarmed)
- rich donation: a lockable helicopter (bell 47)

It is not permitted to sell ingame items for real money.

Please have a look at these:

https://www.bistudio.com/english/community/licenses/dayz-mod-license-share-alike

and

http://www.bistudio.com/english/community/game-content-usage-rules

Edited by Max Planck

I didn't read the whole list, however I agree with you. I know many of the things you said will be implemented eventually into the standalone, idk about continued mod updates though. I think they r done updating it. The standalone will be way more advanced eventually. I suggest that if you want a true survival experience, wait until the standalone has added more zombies and such and then buy it.

idk about continued mod updates though. I think they r done updating it.

The mod is still being developed, 1.8.2 is currently awating approval by Hicks.

Edited by Max Planck
added link