JOHN-TITOR

Game crashes once I press the play button!

OKEH So you want to help me ok good since I need your help. A lot. Well, not a lot I mean.. whatever let's continue.

So let me tell you a little sad story. Once upon a time a person named JOHN was playing DayZ happily without any problems when he noticed it was night time and had to go to sleep. Well, the next morning as he woke up, excited to play some more DayZ and fail a lot more than supposed to... when starting up DayZ on his computer and pressing the play button, the game CRASHED. Jippikayjei this is f***ing fantastic (I dunno if I can swear in these forums so playing it safe since I don't want that mod/admin with the rat on his messages to go all banhammer on me)

The story in a nutshell: Open DayZ -> Press Play button -> Game crash -> Feel like a winner

I've been running DayZ without any kind of problem for about a week now and I've played the SH!T out of that game and I can't wait for the next updates and hoping for a fix I mean what if it doesn't fix my problem?? Am I stuck with this broken game until I get a new computer?! So lemme make this a little bit clearer and as...  ACOLYTE says in this one thread, I need to give all those DxDiag things and such to you guys and stuffz. Have a nice analysis over all these things fellow survivors/bandits/heroes/more_bandits

How it happens: So I pretty much summed up how it happens a short while ago but here's just the clear version since I forgot to add some things. I boot up DayZ, normally and fine, I can go to all the settings and things but if I press the 'PLAY' or 'CHANGE SERVER' button, I'll go to the DayZ logo when you're waiting for it to load (You know the white DayZ logo and black background? Yeah that one.) with a white text in the upper left corner that says 'receiving'. So after about a minute of waiting with all the nice forest sound effects in the background, the sound stops for half a second, comes back on, and then stops entirely, minimizes the game and gives me a *Poof* "DayZ.exe has stopped working f*** you" message with no other option that just to close the game. It happens again and again and again, I've tried so many times with different settings. Low settings, high settings, custom settings doesn't matter. Oh yeah, which brings me to...

Things I've already tried:

-Googling for a solution (Just brings me lag and fps fixes. It's like nobody even has crashes with DayZ)

-Forcing Nvidia to disable Vsync

-Running DayZ.exe on Windows XP service pack 3 mode as well as disabling desktop composition in the properties.

-Updating graphics card (Up to date)

-Restarting computer

-Launching DayZ.exe directly from the installation folder

-Restarting computer again

-Re-installing DayZ

Please do not post these same 'solutions' again since it's a waste of your time and a waste of my time. Thank you!

Computer specs: Okay now, my computer isn't the best (It's a laptop) so don't judge me. I'm going to buy a gaming computer soon so shut up. But what I would like you to take note of that my computer can run games fine on low and hell even medium graphics settings. Payday 2 works smoothly with very low settings. I have been getting lag spikes but that's because I need to clean my CPU and all the dust in my computer so... it's off topic by the way. >.>

Computer: Sony VAIO (I have a LAPTOP)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9600 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

RAM: 4GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

DirectX-Version: DirectX 11

DayZ version: 0.46.124453

Yes yes, I know, you'd like to know more of my amazing computer that can run Crysis 3 with ultra graphics 120fps B) Don't worry, the dxdiag report is in the attachments. (The crysis 3 thing was a joke for the all-too-serious)

Crash dumps: I don't have a crash dump folder.

Well that about sums it up. I don't know what more I could provide you with to start with. If you need anything else to work with just tell me and I'll do my best to acquire you that information from my nasty-@$$ computer.

And like Gary motherfu--I mean... motherhumping oak wood says, "Smell you later!"

DxDiag.txt

Edited by JOHN-TITOR

Hey, i have the exact same problem :( Have you found eny solutions?

Nahh, I haven't. I've tried to play DayZ about 3 times a day just to check if my computer magically solves the problem like it sometimes does. I actually forgot to tell that my character has some clothing and items on the start screen. I've heard people crash in servers because of their character, but is it possible that I crash when I press play just because my guy's got something on him? What about you, does your character have anything on?

My guy has some stuff on since I joined a server with starting equipment, here's a list.

-Hunting Backpack, Compass, a complete map and the usual Flashlight and battery  They're in the pants if I recall correctly.

Yeah hes fully geared, military, gas mask, shotgun, pistol and much more. I remember i looted a dead body with food and ammo the day before it all started. Maby that guy was bugged or something. I also have a compass and a map like you but i found them on the way. Its either a DayZ bug or maby Windows updated somthing wich conflicts with DayZ . I find it weird that all worked like a charm and then the next day i dident. Does DayZteam make changes to the game witout official updates? :|  

Hmm i have the same problem as well... started last week. My character is fully geared 

So it seams it started for all of us last week, i got the problem the same day as John posted this topic. Have you guys updated enything on your PC Before this happend?

Also is it possible to delete your character and start on a new character to verify if it was a gear problem/bugg ? Like a file in the DayZ directory that you can delete?

Edited by oscarwithc

Getting the same problem. It all started after the most recent update. I hit play button, it brings me to the DayZ loading screen, then blackness, then the game crashes -- every time -- without fail.

The problem started for me a bit earlier than when I posted this topic. You guys played in the server, but I just respawned but I was too lazy to play again so I quitted. As Oscar said, it started for us more or less the same time. I haven't found any fixes either so... I thought it might just fix itself but doesn't seem like that.

Atleast we've got a new lead now for anyone that is interested in helping us, the problem started at the same time for everyone. More or less.

Yeah i got the same problem :( anyone fixed this already ? i thought it was only me getting this problem

Lol !? Fixed ? Reporting

Hopefully no one took his 'advice'.

+1 guys, did anyone came up with a fix or a work around ?

Same stuff really, guy all geared up, press play, black screen; dayz has stopped working...

Edited by fil47

Same this for me everytime I click join. Works 2nd attempt though... Also keep getting my character that always happens to be fully geared reset. fucking game

If there was a way to delete your character, it might fix the problem. Unfortunately for us, ladies and gentlemen, there is no way to delete your character manually. No folders, no in-game ways, nothing. It might be able to fix our problem, but I'm not completely sure.

Anyone that has more time to look into this and finds something interesting, please let everyone know.
Let me repeat this again, I'm not completely sure if it works but at the very least we can try.

OKEH So you want to help me ok good since I need your help. A lot. Well, not a lot I mean.. whatever let's continue.

Things I've already tried:

-Googling for a solution (Just brings me lag and fps fixes. It's like nobody even has crashes with DayZ)

-Forcing Nvidia to disable Vsync

-Running DayZ.exe on Windows XP service pack 3 mode as well as disabling desktop composition in the properties.

-Updating graphics card (Up to date)

-Restarting computer

-Launching DayZ.exe directly from the installation folder

-Restarting computer again

-Re-installing DayZ

Maybe it helps not but it´s worth a try.

1. open this Folder "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\DayZ"

2. Delete the Files inside (U can recover them from Trashcan) . Try to play again.

Push my Thumbs for u that it will work. =)

Edited by TheChris

Did you guys try deleting the three (3) config files in My Documents/DayZ ?

Once done validate your game files if not done automatically.

You will need to re-set your game configurations.

I know that the PLAY tab was corrupt in the past, I'm not sure if it's fixed because I always use the Change Server tab.

If you have added any Servers to your Favourites, go to the Steam Client Server browser (right click Steam icon in Task Bar) and try to join through the (Favourites tab).

Other things you might check is that Steam/DayZ are added as exceptions in your Firewall (s).

Hey guys please help me I can play the game and play like 5 minute then the game crash but I can play the game with teh best texture 100 fps.So I changed and put everything in low but nothing change. Is at because my pc his in 32 bit ? Did standalone is for 64 bit ? and If yes How I can change my pc 32 bit for an 64 bit ?

IT  IS THE BANEBLAAAADEEEE-- *cough cough* Sorry about that. 
So gals, have we found anything yet? I mean... I tried deleting the scheiBe from the DayZ folder in Documents but it didn't do shit. Only made it load for slightly longer before, oh you know it, crashing down on your house like a plane to ruin your day when you suddenly realize it was a dream WHAT?!

So yeah.... *bump bump bump bump bump* We survivors need help D: Not afraid are you? Baneblade! >:c .... I'll stop.