Sign in to follow this  
DURRHUNTER

Animal Parts and Uses

So we all know animals are a work in progress, so a few thoughtful ultimate survival suggestions.

Deer

Deer's intestines have multiple uses, fresh they can be used as fish bait and If stretched out and dried it makes a string like material called sinew and that is what people used to stringing bows with hundreds of years ago

Antlers can have multiple uses to, homemade knives have antler handles on them, and people use antlers as a deer attractant during hunting season, he'll maybe we could use them as Melee weapon.

Deer pee as a deer attractant.

Fur used for tying flies (fish lures for you high society people)

Pigs and Hogs

Have the ability to get bacon and hog fat for cooling with.

Hair used for tying fishing flies as well.

Pigs feet as a edible item.

Cows And Bulls

Hair for tying flies.

Mountain oysters.

Use horns for possible water holder or Melee weapon.

Fish

Fish eggs as edible item.

Fish guts and carcasses for bait for predators (later on)

Fish eyes (suggested by Alexei stukov) edible it and fish bait.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

While many of these are realistic and make sense to me, you have to remember that I (and assuming you, considering you came up with these) are countrymen and hunters and know all of these things. The typical dayz player wouldn't know a lot of these things, and that would obviously cause problems. I think some of the ideas, well realistic, are a bit far fetched. Why eat a pigs foot when I can just eat the pork or ham? Or why use deer intestine as bait when I can just use worms, which are more common and easier to get? Realistic, but I almost think too realistic.

However, I really do like some of these ideas. The sinew bow string is great and realistic. so are all of the deer antler uses. And the several ways to make fishing flies.

I like most of your ideas, but you have to remember that 1: its a video game, you cant do absolutely EVERYTHING, and 2: each one of these things would require quite a lot of programming and work. I think other things should take priority over some of the ideas here, but as I said I really like some of them. Once more animals are added and the AI for them is fixed, hunting/fishing will become a huge part of this game. Anyway, I like most of your ideas and hope to see some of them implemented.

• Like 1

you have to remember that I (and assuming you, considering you came up with these) are countrymen and hunters and know all of these things. The typical dayz player wouldn't know a lot of these things, and that would obviously cause problems.

Is it wrong that I like the idea of outdoors knowledge giving us an upper hand in the game? However cheesy this sounds, I think it'd be a good way to encourage some research/learning of being in the bush.

Is it wrong that I like the idea of outdoors knowledge giving us an upper hand in the game? However cheesy this sounds, I think it'd be a good way to encourage some research/learning of being in the bush.

Well of course its not wrong, and I like the idea too. but the number of cityboys who play this game probably greatly outnumber the hunters. You know how many complaints there would be on here and everywhere else about it. I hope all of his ideas get implemented, I just don't think it will happen. It would definently make people play differently if they could go out in the woods and live off the land, which has been talked about multiple times by the devs and such, once vehicles, tents, and better hunting mechanics are added this is what im going to do for sure.

While many of these are realistic and make sense to me, you have to remember that I (and assuming you, considering you came up with these) are countrymen and hunters and know all of these things. The typical dayz player wouldn't know a lot of these things, and that would obviously cause problems. I think some of the ideas, well realistic, are a bit far fetched. Why eat a pigs foot when I can just eat the pork or ham? Or why use deer intestine as bait when I can just use worms, which are more common and easier to get? Realistic, but I almost think too realistic.

However, I really do like some of these ideas. The sinew bow string is great and realistic. so are all of the deer antler uses. And the several ways to make fishing flies.

I like most of your ideas, but you have to remember that 1: its a video game, you cant do absolutely EVERYTHING, and 2: each one of these things would require quite a lot of programming and work. I think other things should take priority over some of the ideas here, but as I said I really like some of them. Once more animals are added and the AI for them is fixed, hunting/fishing will become a huge part of this game. Anyway, I like most of your ideas and hope to see some of them implemented.

Its like you stole my thinkings, I agree with everything you said.

Add Fish Eyes?

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1