leviathanapsu

Bipod not accepted by Mosin

Yeah sway was always in there just not as pronounced.

Also, the bipod on the mosin had the added benefit of making the reload animation not quite as pronounced, making it slightly easier to see where your shots land.  Although, I never tested it properly, maybe that's just a result of being prone in general.

Furthermore, the lack of bipod on the mosin is a bug and not intentional, I believe it was Hicks that confirmed it will be fixed but I'm having difficulty finding the post.  It was possibly on one of his streams.

How they manage to continue to break working stuff is beyond me (looking at you shotgun pellets).

I can't speak for the M4, haven't found one, or had a desire for one. But yes, the new increased sway has been applied to the AKM. No idea about how the bipod affects it.

Thanks. I will find an attachment for my akm and find out.

Bipod never did anything to stop sway or make the weapon more stable.

All it did was decrease the cone of fire.

The bipod being removed from the mosin is good, hopefully they outright remove the compensator and only allow the pu scope to work on the mosin in the future.

no just a realism nut.

There are already more than enough guns in game that would easily take the LRS , b95, m4, sporter 10/22, and the upcoming cz 527 they would all be suitable rifles to allow the LRS to be mounted on.

Sticks + Duct Tape == Improvised Bipod. Realistic and functional. ;3

• Like 1

Gibonez, again, we've been over this.

The B95 requires a dedicated scope mount just the same. It is not 1913 compatible, which is what would be required for it to mount the LRS.

The Sporter is also not equipped with a 1913 rail in DayZ, thus implying that it requires a separate mount. It cannot mount the LRS as is.

Same applies with the CZ 527.

The only rifle that should be able to mount the LRS, as rendered in DayZ, is the M4A1.

Edited by Katana67

It's been confirmed the CZ 527 will have its own scope, so it's likely it won't accept the LRS any ways.

Gibonez, again, we've been over this.

The B95 requires a dedicated scope mount just the same. It is not 1913 compatible, which is what would be required for it to mount the LRS.

The Sporter is also not equipped with a 1913 rail in DayZ, thus implying that it requires a separate mount. It cannot mount the LRS as is.

Same applies with the CZ 527.

The only rifle that should be able to mount the LRS, as rendered in DayZ, is the M4A1.

I always just made a leap of faith when it comes to the mounts. I see it in easier terms.

If the gun drilled and tapped for rails or is purpose built from the factory to not make mounting optics hard then I always just assume they should work.

Hence why I see the b95 and other rifles as platforms for the lrs to work on.

The mosin along with a few other weapons in the game would not fall into this category due to having to do some machining to mount a non scout mount short eye relief scope.

Correct me if I am wrong but arent both the cz 527, b95 and the rugger 10/22 all grooved for scope rings making mounting a scope even easier ?

Personally I'd be happy if Mosin did not accept any attachments except just PU scope and bayonet (wish those worked).

When I look at it from both realism and gameplay side, Mosin should be pretty low on the "tech" tree of guns you could get.

So it should be less accurate then Blazer95 or CZ527 and if we had 7.62x54R, it could have more common ammo then 7.62x51, meaning it could be used more often. Then again if SVD came in 7.62x54R, not sure how that would affect gameplay,if it's ammo was easy to find. Maybe that is why they hesitate to introduce SVD before that global economy thingie is done?

I wonder how much such discussions, as this one, were different if there was a lot of different guns in game.

Maybe then nobody would care much about Mosin not accepting LR scope.

As far as optics on CZ527 go, should devs implement scope rings to be lootable item, which would allow mounting of scopes?

Personally I'd be happy if Mosin did not accept any attachments except just PU scope and bayonet (wish those worked).

When I look at it from both realism and gameplay side, Mosin should be pretty low on the "tech" tree of guns you could get.

So it should be less accurate then Blazer95 or CZ527 and if we had 7.62x54R, it could have more common ammo then 7.62x51, meaning it could be used more often. Then again if SVD came in 7.62x54R, not sure how that would affect gameplay,if it's ammo was easy to find. Maybe that is why they hesitate to introduce SVD before that global economy thingie is done?

I wonder how much such discussions, as this one, were different if there was a lot of different guns in game.

As far as optics on CZ527 go, should devs implement scope rings to be lootable item, which would allow mounting of scopes?

I tried, and I got bashed

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/204418-remove-lrs-from-mosin/

• Like 2

Yea I would love for the mosin to lose the compensator and instead get the LRS removed and its accuracy changed to a more realistic number.

While I can't get a proper comparison between a cz 527 and a mosin I can tell you the cz 527 will always be more accurate.

I would love for rings to be required to be found before you can mount any optics.

This will keep optics from being found on every single weapon a player comes across. Among all the things in the game I believe it would be best for gameplay to have optics be the absolute rarest things to find I am throwing hunting scopes, tactical long range scopes, magnified optics such as the pso and the acog into that category.

The harder it is to not only find but mount these things on the games weapons the better gameplay will be.

I always just made a leap of faith when it comes to the mounts. I see it in easier terms.

If the gun drilled and tapped for rails or is purpose built from the factory to not make mounting optics hard then I always just assume they should work.

Hence why I see the b95 and other rifles as platforms for the lrs to work on.

The mosin along with a few other weapons in the game would not fall into this category due to having to do some machining to mount a non scout mount short eye relief scope.

Correct me if I am wrong but arent both the cz 527, b95 and the rugger 10/22 all grooved for scope rings making mounting a scope even easier ?

Seeing as the PU scope requires every bit as much gunsmithing to mount as an LRS would, this is a complete non-issue. If you're in support of the PU scope on the Mosin, of course. Not to mention that there are mounts which do not require gunsmithing to attach to the Mosin (see scout-type mounts, many of which do not require long-relief scopes if the bolt handle is bent [which it is on the Mosin in DayZ]).

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/MNTMOI03.aspx

The B95 does not come standard with a 1913 mount. The only 1913 rail that I could find for the B95, was made by one independent manufacturer, and costs upwards of $600 USD.

Nor does the Sporter.

Nor does the CZ 527.

These things have to be bought separately, often from independent manufacturers and installed. Debating which installation is "easier" is irrelevant. Either way, there's no process for "simulating" the gunsmithing required to attach the PU scope in DayZ. There's no process wherein you can unscrew the scope rings from the LRS and put it in a different scope mount. It just happens, because this is a game and it's an "attachment system" vice reality, where objects have to be installed.

Edited by Katana67

I'd like the bipod back for the mosin, even if it's a non RIS one - I also don't think that the LRS should be removed. Make it so you have to use some tools on it if you want, but I like the choices open to you...

• Like 1

I'd like the bipod back for the mosin, even if it's a non RIS one - I also don't think that the LRS should be removed. Make it so you have to use some tools on it if you want, but I like the choices open to you...

I actually support the removal of the bipod and LRS for the Mosin. That type of capability (i.e. supported and long-range fire) belongs with a weapon that is rare. And I honestly don't ever foresee the Mosin being rare, so I'm fine with it just being a kind of poor-man's sniper rifle which can only use the PU and compensator.

Curious enough, one of the most common weapons now (the Mosin) is the only one capable of mounting the highest magnification optic in the game. That is why I think it needs to be removed from the Mosin once they've got a dedicated, rare, sniper rifle.

And it would certainly help if that sniper rifle were 1913 compatible as standard, so that the "realism" folks would also be satisfied. But, to me, that's way down on the list of priority.

You fought for the right cause and you have my beans!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of casual player is for DayZ mod players to do nothing.

Yea I would love for the mosin to lose the compensator and instead get the LRS removed and its accuracy changed to a more realistic number.

While I can't get a proper comparison between a cz 527 and a mosin I can tell you the cz 527 will always be more accurate.

I would love for rings to be required to be found before you can mount any optics.

This will keep optics from being found on every single weapon a player comes across. Among all the things in the game I believe it would be best for gameplay to have optics be the absolute rarest things to find I am throwing hunting scopes, tactical long range scopes, magnified optics such as the pso and the acog into that category.

The harder it is to not only find but mount these things on the games weapons the better gameplay will be.

I guess that the reason why Mosin is so good atm is, that there is simply nothing else to fill the role of "sniper".

Once they introduce SVD, then maybe Mosin can be tuned down to reflect more it's real life role, something that Katana67 called "poor-man's sniper rifle with PU scope".

And yes, I'd like if good optics were rather rare. Not sure about specific %, but should be something you value a lot if found.

I hope that with more weapons getting into the game, the existing ones could be tweaked to fill role closer to their real-life counterparts.

I actually support the removal of the bipod and LRS for the Mosin. That type of capability (i.e. supported and long-range fire) belongs with a weapon that is rare. 

This isn't world of warcraft. I don't want AS50's in the game -- but I also don't want stupid "balance" like this.

"I don't want something in game that can actually happen in real life because HURR HERP DERP weapon tier system" - No.

You fought for the right cause and you have my beans!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of casual player is for DayZ mod players to do nothing.

I guess that the reason why Mosin is so good atm is, that there is simply nothing else to fill the role of "sniper".

Once they introduce SVD, then maybe Mosin can be tuned down to reflect more it's real life role, something that Katana67 called "poor-man's sniper rifle with PU scope".

And yes, I'd like if good optics were rather rare. Not sure about specific %, but should be something you value a lot if found.

I hope that with more weapons getting into the game, the existing ones could be tweaked to fill role closer to their real-life counterparts.

They already nerfed the mosin in last update ridiculously.   It takes 3 shots to kills someone if you can hit them with all the new lag and desync.    How much more could they "tune down" the mosin before it's a pea shooter?  Unless, it's just the prinstine clothes glitch that is making the mosin seem nerfed.    It's difficult to tell what is broken by an update and what is a feature.

• Like 1

This isn't world of warcraft. I don't want AS50's in the game -- but I also don't want stupid "balance" like this.

"I don't want something in game that can actually happen in real life because HURR HERP DERP weapon tier system" - No.

Errr, I know it isn't World of Warcraft. It's DayZ.

i've managed a shoot pretty well on a target that was moving at 400 m....without compensator or bipod.

Seems the accuracy is not affected! even if you don't have those items.

They already nerfed the mosin in last update ridiculously.   It takes 3 shots to kills someone if you can hit them with all the new lag and desync.    How much more could they "tune down" the mosin before it's a pea shooter?  Unless, it's just the prinstine clothes glitch that is making the mosin seem nerfed.    It's difficult to tell what is broken by an update and what is a feature.

Thats an entirely different issue.

The damage system is broken and it affects all guns in the game it is only that the mosins slow rate of fire makes it more obvious. Just take the m4 do you honestly think they plan to have the m4 take 7 shots to kill a person or that the sks take 4 or 5 shots sometimes?

The item damage mechanic broke the damage system so eventually the damage values will be fixed.

I personaly think they are waiting with adding the mosin bipod because it isnt that common. But the sks and other such rifles will probably be sble to use it two after it gets added.

The ATLAS is currently a great test attachments for multiple guns though

But, this is a good thing. Because it means that they can move the Mosin away from the "testing" phase wherein it had to be attachment-compatible. Hopefully, the LRS is next in line to be axed for the Mosin whenever a suitable long-range sniper rifle is added.

The PU scope and compensator are all it really needs, given what it is and how common it is likely to end up being.

Hopefully they fix the PU scopes zoom when they remove the LRS, and give it the ability to range farther than 300 meters....

• Like 2