leviathanapsu

Bipod not accepted by Mosin

I hadn't been playing much in the last month or so, but today I finally located a pristine bipod attachment for my Mosin. I went to go add it and it stays red, refusing to accept that it is even allowed on the gun. I have tried going to a different server, logging off entirely to restart the game and I have removed other attachments to see if that is the issue. So far, nothing seems to be working. Is this problem unique to myself or is there a known bug/glitch happening that I just missed hearing about thanks to being inactive for a bit?

The Bipod is no longer able to be attached to the Mosin, they changed this because for that Bipod to be able to attach to the Mosin, you would have to have a RIS handguard or something simular, the Compensator on the other hand still works and is able to help accuracy.

• Like 1

Yeah it is a known bug and devs are working on it to fix it. It's pain in the ass, mosin is so much accurate with a bipod.

No bipod needed :cool:

I could hit a flea off a deers hind quarters at 200 meters with a Mosin

Give me any scope and I'm accurate at 400

Ah... Oh well. I almost never fire at anything beyond 200m anyway, but since I found it, I really would have liked to attach it. Tossing it instead. Thanks for the info.

I have a question.... Did they remove bipod from mosin because they did not have time to figure how to stop the rifle sway they introduced? Thats the most frustrating thing. The very patch they add more sway, they also make it impossible to use a bipod which should eliminate sway. Has no one else asked about this irony?

First of all, yeah, it doesn't work and I'm marginally sure it's working as intended. Which is nice, but not because it's somehow "realistic."

Universal bipods are a thing, they don't require any rails or machining. It's just a clamp.

But, this is a good thing. Because it means that they can move the Mosin away from the "testing" phase wherein it had to be attachment-compatible. Hopefully, the LRS is next in line to be axed for the Mosin whenever a suitable long-range sniper rifle is added.

The PU scope and compensator are all it really needs, given what it is and how common it is likely to end up being.

Edited by Katana67

First of all, yeah, it doesn't work and I'm marginally sure it's working as intended. Which is nice, but not because it's somehow "realistic."

Universal bipods are a thing, they don't require any rails or machining. It's just a clamp.

But, this is a good thing. Because it means that they can move the Mosin away from the "testing" phase wherein it had to be attachment-compatible. Hopefully, the LRS is next in line to be axed for the Mosin whenever a suitable long-range sniper rifle is added.

The PU scope and compensator are all it really needs, given what it is and how common it is likely to end up being.

Wait... Im confused. How is this more realistic that it is now imposible to stop sway because going prone with a bipod on mosin has been removed from the game? I believe that since they added sway, they simply didnt want to code the bipod to remove sway so they simply eliminated the bipod for mosin. Isnt that the more likely answer? Why else did they add sway and remove bipod at same time?

Wait... Im confused. How is this more realistic that it is now imposible to stop sway because going prone with a bipod on mosin has been removed from the game? I believe that since they added sway, they simply didnt want to code the bipod to remove sway so they simply eliminated the bipod for mosin. Isnt that the more likely answer? Why else did they add sway and remove bipod at same time?

I didn't say anything about sway.

And you can believe that, doesn't mean it's backed up by anything other than your own supposition. They didn't add sway recently, sway has been in the game since it released. They've changed the severity and the nature of it, but it's always been a factor.

If they "didnt want to code the bipod to remove sway" then why would they leave it in for the AKM and M4A1?

OK, I see.  I didn't realize they left the bipod for other rifles.   Why the hell did they do that?

I still don't understand why they went out of their way to make using a bipod on the mosin, which could eliminate sway, impossible for now.

So does sway really stop on the AKM or M4A1 if you are prone with bipod deployed, or is that broken?

I still don't understand why they went out of their way to make using a bipod on the mosin, which could eliminate sway, impossible for now.

Maybe they didn't want the Mosin to have that capability? So they purposefully took it out?

Maybe it's bugged, and they haven't got around to fixing it?

I mean, yeah, it isn't a conspiracy.

Maybe they didn't want the Mosin to have that capability? So they purposefully took it out?

Maybe it's bugged, and they haven't got around to fixing it?

I mean, yeah, it isn't a conspiracy.

True, but let me ask, please.....  When you go prone with the AKM or M4 and the bipod is deployed....  does the sway stop at this time (in this patch)?  Or is there still sway unless you hold your breath.    Because I guess it doesn't really matter than if bipods don't stop the increased sway they introduced anyways.

OK, I see.  I didn't realize they left the bipod for other rifles.   Why the hell did they do that?

So does sway really stop on the AKM or M4A1 if you are prone with bipod deployed, or is that broken?

Bipod never did anything to stop sway or make the weapon more stable.

All it did was decrease the cone of fire.

The bipod being removed from the mosin is good, hopefully they outright remove the compensator and only allow the pu scope to work on the mosin in the future.

Bipod never did anything to stop sway or make the weapon more stable.

All it did was decrease the cone of fire.

The bipod being removed from the mosin is good, hopefully they outright remove the compensator and only allow the pu scope to work on the mosin in the future.

Sounds like a suggestion from someone who gets sniped a lot :P

Sounds like a suggestion from someone who gets sniped a lot :P

no just a realism nut.

There are already more than enough guns in game that would easily take the LRS , b95, m4, sporter 10/22, and the upcoming cz 527 they would all be suitable rifles to allow the LRS to be mounted on.

• Like 1

no just a realism nut.

There are already more than enough guns in game that would easily take the LRS , b95, m4, sporter 10/22, and the upcoming cz 527 they would all be suitable rifles to allow the LRS to be mounted on.

Haha, I know, I'm just jonin on ya Gibz :P

True, but let me ask, please.....  When you go prone with the AKM or M4 and the bipod is deployed....  does the sway stop at this time (in this patch)?  Or is there still sway unless you hold your breath.    Because I guess it doesn't really matter than if bipods don't stop the increased sway they introduced anyways.

I have no idea, I don't use the bipod because it looks silly.

Holding out for a foregrip.

Wrong, its gone for the Mosin.. no attachment system for that gun its not coming back

Yeah it is a known bug and devs are working on it to fix it. 

no attachment system for that gun its not coming back

What about the purpose-built compensator that only fits on the Mosin? Or the PU scope? Or the bayonet?

Edited by Katana67

Well, shit, that is annoying that the bipod never visually reduced sway.   I never noticed that before.   Are you sure about that because I don't remember sway when I sniped using the mosin with bipod before.

So not only are silencers broken, but bipods never eliminated sway even if you are prone?

Boy I guess all of this stuff really is a placeholder.       For God's sake, when we will see items that work?  I would actually be less frustrated even they never added more items to the patches and simply worked on the game for 8 months or more and then only released patches if they actually made things work or if they actually fixed things.

(So I am very excited about this next patch that fixes some of the zombie collision, this will be the first patch that really addresses and a big problem)

Very happy about that.

Well, shit, that is annoying that the bipod never visually reduced sway.   I never noticed that before.   Are you sure about that because I don't remember sway when I sniped using the mosin with bipod before.

So not only are silencers broken, but bipods never eliminated sway even if you are prone?

Boy I guess all of this stuff really is a placeholder.       For God's sake, when we will see items that work?  I would actually be less frustrated even they never added more items to the patches and simply worked on the game for 8 months or more and then only released patches if they actually made things work or if they actually fixed things.

(So I am very excited about this next patch that fixes some of the zombie collision, this will be the first patch that really addresses and a big problem)

Very happy about that.

sway was only recently added.

Before the player would hold the rifle like a robot no sway no breathing at all.

I think it would be very reasonable to expect weapon resting and bipod deployment in the future especially now that we have a cool sway mechanic to contend with.

That sounds more correct, thanks Gibonez.

I have to expect that in the final version of the game, they will make being prone with bipod zero sway.   I'm willing to wait for them to fix it.

Earlier, I was just wondering if there was a connection to adding more sway, and then deleting the bipod for the mosin because they didn't have time to make the bipod stop the new sway.    I could still be right about that and they just simply forgot to delete the bipod from working on the M4 and AKM.

So now, it appears the bipod is broken on M4 and AKM,  (assuming you still sway even with it deployed and prone).

they should either fix the bipod, or delete it.   It's causing a lot of confusion.

Edited by Zed's Dead

Ah,  OK.  

And the current bipod setup with AKM or M4 still has the total new sway I assume?

Ah,  OK.  

And the current bipod setup with AKM or M4 still has the total new sway I assume?

I can't speak for the M4, haven't found one, or had a desire for one. But yes, the new increased sway has been applied to the AKM. No idea about how the bipod affects it.