Credidred

DAYZ MRE ( Meal Ready-To-Eat ) For Standalone

DayZ Standalone MRE Meal Ready-To-Eat, Youtube Preview

Hello Everyone.

I love how Dayz has workable packages and bags ( such as the medical bag ) you can open to use  their content. There needs to be loads more! So I've designed this for the future.I really think this would work well in the games future or for future maps? This is all explained in the video    Please send me your thoughts and support to discuss it further.

I really think if the world ended tomorrow this item would be sought after. 

• Like 4

Great work. Reminds me somewhat of my time as a conscript :) But we need bread and topping xD and maybe put a production date in the description, like they usually have. make it like 10 years old xD

Alsooooo we didn't have heater packs inside the MRE, but had ESBID stoves in our backpacks, maybe you could make such a stove and make it a seperate item. Of course I don't know how all MREs on the world look like.

Edited by Khanarac

Reminds me of one of those 'prepper' shows I saw once. A guy had some sort of tilapia farm in his old swimming pool, with pumps and plants and equipment everywhere to keep it viable, which would provide a limitless supply of protein for years to come.

Meanwhile, random neighbor across the street needs one gun with one bullet to have everything that prepper has. MRE's are nice, but I ate too many in the army, and they taste like crap. 

Great work. Reminds me somewhat of my time as a conscript :) But we need bread and topping xD and maybe put a production date in the description, like they usually have. make it like 10 years old xD

Alsooooo we didn't have heater packs inside the MRE, but had ESBID stoves in our backpacks, maybe you could make such a stove and make it a seperate item. Of course I don't know how all MREs on the world look like.

Thanks for the reply. I'll think about that bread. I know i've put  a production date on the entree packs. But don't think the game is set  at a particular date? so im not sure if i need to go into that kind of detail unless im wrong?  I don't know about the ESBID stoves I think thats an English MRE isn't it? I just think the heater would be better as you could use it for multiple roles than cooking food if you needed to, such as using it as a makeshift heat pack if you got stuck out in the cold? 

Reminds me of one of those 'prepper' shows I saw once. A guy had some sort of tilapia farm in his old swimming pool, with pumps and plants and equipment everywhere to keep it viable, which would provide a limitless supply of protein for years to come.

Meanwhile, random neighbor across the street needs one gun with one bullet to have everything that prepper has. MRE's are nice, but I ate too many in the army, and they taste like crap. 

Ha ha ha very true! Im glad someone from the army has seen this now. I know there not great in the taste department. But if the world ended tomorrow. The MRE would be like the best steak dinner if you're held up in a gun battle with the neighbours. 

Regular heatpacks shouldn't be able to get so hot to warm up that meal sufficiently (Atleast the heatpacks I know of). I served in germany so it was a german MRE.

From the British 'MRE' or Rat Packs you don't have heaters but hexi stoves and hexi blocks that don't come included, everything in there can of course be eaten hot and cold anyway. Great idea, very impressed. They'd definitely need to add a shitting animation if this is introduced though. 

If you want to know about what you can find or information about the British ration boxes then hit me up, I've still got some lying around somewhere. Panang chicken anyone?

Edited by emigrates

From the British 'MRE' or Rat Packs you don't have heaters but hexi stoves and hexi blocks that don't come included, everything in there can of course be eaten hot and cold anyway. Great idea, very impressed. They'd definitely need to add a shitting animation if this is introduced though. 

If you want to know about what you can find or information about the British ration boxes then hit me up, I've still got some lying around somewhere. Panang chicken anyone?

Thanks for your support. I'm looking into  'going to the toilet' for a future video. I mean they have out houses in game so why not??? 

Thanks for your support. I'm looking into  'going to the toilet' for a future video. I mean they have out houses in game so why not??? 

One does not simply eat a ration pack and sprint from NEAF to NWAF. I'm pretty sure they were designed to not only provide calories and good food, but to make things "move".

Ha ha ha very true! Im glad someone from the army has seen this now. I know there not great in the taste department. But if the world ended tomorrow. The MRE would be like the best steak dinner if you're held up in a gun battle with the neighbours. 

I guess it depends. Depending on the neighbors, and the seasoning, it's possible the neighbors might taste better than any MRE you can find. Here is a question to ponder. End of the world type scenario, and you are stranded with just yourself and a beautiful lady from across town. What is more important, calories eaten or calories burned??? ;)

• Like 1

I guess it depends. Depending on the neighbors, and the seasoning, it's possible the neighbors might taste better than any MRE you can find. Here is a question to ponder. End of the world type scenario, and you are stranded with just yourself and a beautiful lady from across town. What is more important, calories eaten or calories burned??? ;)

HA HA HA HA HA that sounds just like that movie  ' A Boy And His Dog' you ever seen that movie? He goes through all that trouble to get her back and at the very end he eats her! Your comment just reminded me of that for some reason. 

Found something else to get besides a tent now!

:P

I was thinking about this today and we should have something like the MRE´s in the game. American MRE maybe at locations where NATO loot can be found and a Russian version in the military bases and such. Should be quite rare but offer a lot of food in exchange for a small amount of room in your inventory. Obviously you would have to have water for it.