Etherious

(Exp) Respawning Loot and Basic Persistent Storage Patch

Hello fellow survivors! Today this Morning / Evening, Hicks posted on his Twitter that this weekend they will be updating the Experimental on DayZ with a Basic Persistent Storage and Basic Respawning Loot update. Also, they will be updating it again shortly after on Monday/Tuesday. Hicks was not specific on what "Basic" storage and respawning loot is, so we won't know til they give us more info or til w find it ourselves. xD

Update at 7:40 AM (CST): Hicks also confirmed that loot will be persistent through server restarts, so no more losing wonderful loot that you forgot to pick up before the server restarted.

Update at 8:45 AM: The new experimental patch is coming within 4 hours.

Update at 8:50 AM: Persistent Storage items will stay after a restart, BUT the items within the storage item will not save. Also, tents weren't working properly so they have removed them til another update later this week.

Update at 8:55 AM: New items are gonna be implemented within this new patch. Nothing was said on what, but we can ALL assume it will be the CZ 527, EMT gear, and other stuff. Also, performance from the persistent storage items and loot respawning won't impact performance. In fact, they are saying that the performance has actually increased significantly.

Update at 9:00 AM: They will not be discussing the mechanics and told us that we have to find out the mechanics ourselves. Also, Persistent Storage items are being referred to as "Containers". So, maybe those Fridges and Ovens did make it?

Update at 9:10 AM: The Experimental servers have gone down and will be down for 4 hours til they finish the update.

Experimental Patch ETA Source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2botaq/experimental_servers_going_down_update_incoming/

Hick's Twitter Source:

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/492626092621324288

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 5

Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't know yet if it's tents. :P

Persistent objects atleast.. Right???

Basic Persistent Storage and Loot.

way back in the day when the whole perssitent talk started there original idea where backpacks that were persistent. I have been out of the loop of checking on progress on things what i want to know what happened to the idea of making lootable items such as the fridge they were showing early examples of them months ago but nothing since.

And what could that be then?

IDK, either they will tell us or we find out ourselves.

way back in the day when the whole perssitent talk started there original idea where backpacks that were persistent. I have been out of the loop of checking on progress on things what i want to know what happened to the idea of making lootable items such as the fridge they were showing early examples of them months ago but nothing since.

That's interesting question because I do remember that. I honestly think that they scraped that idea and just went ahead with the tents. I absolutely think it's gonna be tents. On a random note....if they ever added bears I would crap my pants and NEVER go into the forest ever again even if it's to put down a tent. >.<

today patch?;O

Edit: Deleted.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

today patch?;O

Dude, I am completely wrong......the new patch is coming within 4 hours.

They wanted persistent objects before implementing this so they could make the stirage inside them persistent plus they are working on a system to implement tgem all at once instead of manually going into each house and changing the house texture to a storage item.

• Like 2

Persistent storage and loot respawn in one patch? Servers gonna explode :-D.

Would be super cool if CZ527 gets in. Also it is civilian weapon so should spawn in piano buildings, red brick houses and some other, meaning that filthy server hoppers woun't be able to rob us of every single on of these, like they are doing with AKM's.

Edited by Hombre

I will be updating the OP for the next 10-15 minutes and then I need a nap.  :|

Haha, i got bored of waiting for the updates so i switched back to stable, now you tell me they are updating exp. I am not angry in the slightest.

Also, performance from the persistent storage items and loot respawning won't impact performance. In fact, they are saying that the performance has actually increased significantly.

:beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

That just got me so horny

Great News! do we know when it will be pushed to stable yet?

And what could that be then?

Probably anything that is not food maybe.

Respawning loot and persistent loot between restarts is HUGE, HUGE!!!!!

1. Towns with doors open can't be considered picked over anymore. Thus there's less likely places will be ghost towns.
  2. Craptastic admins and clans who run loot whore servers will be out of luck.

These are good things.

• Like 1

So they are saying that if you drop something on the ground, it's gonna be there after restart. How's this gonna work? The servers would have pants, flashlights and ruined items laying around everywhere in a few days. Could this mean that the server economy system is coming now too? 

• Like 2

So they are saying that if you drop something on the ground, it's gonna be there after restart. How's this gonna work? The servers would have pants, flashlights and ruined items laying around everywhere in a few days. Could this mean that the server economy system is coming now too? 

:thumbsup: :o

Wipe items that has not been touched in X amout of restarts?