Sign in to follow this  
Etherimp

Infinite magazines - Reportable?

Is this a bannable offense and if I happened to have footage of someone who had one of these, with proof of their name, time, date, and server they were connected to, would there be any point in reporting it, who would I report it to, and would they be subject to ban?

No idea on your question to be honest.

I have heard anecdotally that these items, once 'hacked' into game are transferrable to characters with the trait retained (inf ammo) so if true a legit player could kill and loot a hacked char and have the mag unknowingly, and arguably the item becomes 'theirs' to keep without them having broken T&C.

Also, I think battle eye / server host is the person to talk to, Dayz/forums probably don't have too much to do with that at this point.

No idea on your question to be honest.

I have heard anecdotally that these items, once 'hacked' into game are transferrable to characters with the trait retained (inf ammo) so if true a legit player could kill and loot a hacked char and have the mag unknowingly, and arguably the item becomes 'theirs' to keep without them having broken T&C.

Also, I think battle eye / server host is the person to talk to, Dayz/forums probably don't have too much to do with that at this point.

I'm not coming here to give the evidence or out anyone.. Just to ask the question of whether it's a bannable offense or not.

How could you be carrying an infinite ammo item WITHOUT knowing? It's obvious what it is.

• Like 1

I'm not coming here to give the evidence or out anyone.. Just to ask the question of whether it's a bannable offense or not.

How could you be carrying an infinite ammo item WITHOUT knowing? It's obvious what it is.

like i said, i'm not much help on the issue.  Try search function (top right)

I've never held one, so i wouldn't know how they appear.  it should be apparent to more veteran players, you're correct, was just highlighting the difficulties in proving guilt if a legit player has an item that they didn't break TnC to obtain (if the anecdotes hold true of course...)

As someone would think, but no, they're gonna give mercy to the infinite clip carriers by saying you need to have knowledge on "mathematics" to tell it's such a huge number, you're not running out. As if you don't have knowledge of mathematics by the time you're old enough to understand what a fucking game is? It's completely ludicrous to me.

As someone would think, but no, they're gonna give mercy to the infinite clip carriers by saying you need to have knowledge on "mathematics" to tell it's such a huge number, you're not running out. As if you don't have knowledge of mathematics by the time you're old enough to understand what a fucking game is? It's completely ludicrous to me.

Where'd they say this?

Where'd they say this?

Nowhere. He's twisting Kichilron's words around. What we said (what I said) was that someone who picks up the magazine might not notice something is wrong with the magazine straight away. He might also think it's bugged, not hacked. I said I think it would be unfair if such people were banned when they technically did nothing wrong.

Kichilron then went on saying that someone who's not as good with mathematics might not understand what 2500e10 means and therefore might not realize what the actual ammo count is. I assume that's what Zedertone is talking about.

• Like 2

Nowhere. He's twisting Kichilron's words around. What we said (what I said) was that someone who picks up the magazine might not notice something is wrong with the magazine straight away. He might also think it's bugged, not hacked. I said I think it would be unfair if such people were banned when they technically did nothing wrong.

Kichilron then went on saying that someone who's not as good with mathematics might not understand what 2500e10 means and therefore might not realize what the actual ammo count is. I assume that's what Zedertone is talking about.

Ah I see.. so if I got this guys name and could tell you what server he was on at what date and what time, could you guys do anything about it? There were about 5 of them, and the one I killed had a hacked M4 AND a hacked Mp5, so I kind of doubt he was doing it on accident; or just picked it up off someone else.

Why aren't these mags just being filtered and removed from the hive on a hourly basis? got to be the worlds easiest sql query.

Edited by foxdie_01
  • Like 1

If this isn't cool to link here I'll remove it.. Let me know. 

Edited by Etherimp

Ah I see.. so if I got this guys name and could tell you what server he was on at what date and what time, could you guys do anything about it? There were about 5 of them, and the one I killed had a hacked M4 AND a hacked Mp5, so I kind of doubt he was doing it on accident; or just picked it up off someone else.

We can't do anything with that information. BattlEye might, but I honestly don't know. That's something you have to ask them.

We can't do anything with that information. BattlEye might, but I honestly don't know. That's something you have to ask them.

Where would I go to do that? What would the best way be?

That is far too reasonable. I understand that cheaters have wallets too but they tend to piss off your other paying customers and scare potentional customers away. We nearly quit playing the mod if it wasn't for private hives. Cheaters need to be dealt with HARSHLY.

• M4 + infinite mag = ban how can they NOT notice it when they have the M4 equipped? And where did they get the M4 from, any way?
  • M4 + no mags = suspicious but no action taken
  • Infinite mag + no m4 = Delete mag.

Seems simple to me. If you're using the M4 and you found an infinite mag, you're basically caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Like I said. Someone kills the actual hacker, perhaps surprises him and he doesn't get a shot off. The person goes in, not looking at the ammo count he takes the M4 from the dead body. Following your logic he should now be banned.

This makes no sense to me.

I think it makes more sense to tackle the problem from its source, and not the output environment.

You could ban thousands of legitimate players (myself included) who have stumbled upon a hacked magazine, and been curious, decided to keep it, or throw it away.

Instead, It would be better to just patch up the loophole that is allowing players to do the exploit.

Like I said. Someone kills the actual hacker, perhaps surprises him and he doesn't get a shot off. The person goes in, not looking at the ammo count he takes the M4 from the dead body. Following your logic he should now be banned.

Hm, that is once again very reasonable but once again not punishing those who are cheating which sends out the wrong message.

If you pick up the mag, the M4 and then proceed to use it you're just as much a cheater as the guy who put it into the game. Should be some form of punishment if one cheats.

But yeah, all for patching the exploit. Of course.

Actually, I wasn't really twisting kichilron's words around, but yes it was a reference to what he said about mathematics.

You're right, but at the same time I could argue all day that they'd be dumb not to look at the ammo count? it's kind of a never ending argument unless it's put to a stop.

Note in the video I picked up the m4 before I even recognized it had inf ammo. I almost took off with it just to kill the guys friends with their own hacked shit. Then thought better of it and ditched it. Still, people who carry around infinite mags and magdump into gas stations are clearly doing it intentionally. Someone who hacks magazines is also not going to see a problem with using other exploits or potentially download cheats. I'm not sure how they are getting infinite ammo in the first place but it definitely needs to be fixed.

tbh your video only really shows the guy has an inf mag and i don't see any clear proof that he shot 60+ rounds.

Even though the guy's got it (two weapons), your editing shows neither him abusing his item or that of his partner Beans, just that Skody had it on him.  Not sure about the exploding fuel station thing though, but i see no clear evidence for skody doing anything other being in posession, and Beans i couldn't ID at all (believe you merely stated he was accomplice in text w/o video).

Follow the directions above to report to Battle Eye / Server Host but I don't see much happening from this evidence alone.

Yep hackers are bad, but i bet if you guys lost your account to a ban because of these draconian rules you propose you'd be spitting chips harder than the hackers who see it as just another pay-wall to their trolling. (as a quick calc, 30$ Dayz+15$ hack bundle = 2x attempts ~90$, which is close to a full production cost for AAA titles that get changed out every year, per hacker).

I hope they implement your proposal, you pick up a hacked mag accidentally once DayZ SA goes gold, get banned, and you need to pay 80$ for another copy.

You've stopped short of suggesting we cut off their hands, which is good.  Thinking about it from a business based perspective, driving away legitimate paying customers through bans etc... may cost more damage than the inevitable and constantly evolving mob of hackers who are present in EVERY multiplayer game despite whatever anti-cheat procedures are implemented.

case in point: Draconian laws not working, sometimes to detriment of legitimate/paying persons, always reactionary and with response lagging behind evolving 'offenders':

*piracy & DRM - still need checks on my purchased product, still gotta read and watch EULA despite me paying for and not intending to pirate purchased property.  Sometimes aggressive DRM programs.

*war on drugs - extra powers to government, reduction of privacy and liberties of populace

*hackers & Anticheat in MP games. - blanket rules, 3pp checks on legitimate players, whitelist application processes etc... (time wasting / unfair bans & assoc. financial loss)

Associating a lack of an over-board, knee-jerk reaction to one facet of the hacker problem doesn't constitute 'sending the wrong message'/encouraging hackers imo... pick your fights -I have confidence that Bohemia / DayZSA is doing just this, and further into the future.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

tbh your video only really shows the guy has an inf mag and i don't see any clear proof that he shot 60+ rounds.

Even though the guy's got it (two weapons), your editing shows neither him abusing his item or that of his partner Beans, just that Skody had it on him.  Not sure about the exploding fuel station thing though, but i see no clear evidence for skody doing anything other being in posession, and Beans i couldn't ID at all (believe you merely stated he was accomplice in text w/o video).

Follow the directions above to report to Battle Eye / Server Host but I don't see much happening from this evidence alone.

Yep hackers are bad, but i bet if you guys lost your account to a ban because of these draconian rules you propose you'd be spitting chips harder than the hackers who see it as just another pay-wall to their trolling. (as a quick calc, 30$ Dayz+15$ hack bundle = 2x attempts ~90$, which is close to a full production cost for AAA titles that get changed out every year, per hacker).

I hope they implement your proposal, you pick up a hacked mag accidentally once DayZ SA goes gold, get banned, and you need to pay 80$ for another copy.

You've stopped short of suggesting we cut off their hands, which is good.  Thinking about it from a business based perspective, driving away legitimate paying customers through bans etc... may cost more damage than the inevitable and constantly evolving mob of hackers who are present in EVERY multiplayer game despite whatever anti-cheat procedures are implemented.

case in point: Draconian laws not working, sometimes to detriment of legitimate/paying persons, always reactionary and with response lagging behind evolving 'offenders':

*piracy & DRM - still need checks on my purchased product, still gotta read and watch EULA despite me paying for and not intending to pirate purchased property.  Sometimes aggressive DRM programs.

*war on drugs - extra powers to government, reduction of privacy and liberties of populace

*hackers & Anticheat in MP games. - blanket rules, 3pp checks on legitimate players, whitelist application processes etc... (time wasting / unfair bans & assoc. financial loss)

Associating a lack of an over-board, knee-jerk reaction to one facet of the hacker problem doesn't constitute 'sending the wrong message'/encouraging hackers imo... pick your fights -I have confidence that Bohemia / DayZSA is doing just this, and further into the future.

I'm sorry, but I have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

I never suggested any draconian rules. I asked a question: Is having hacked magazines a bannable offense?

Furthermore, I cut out the majority of the footage because it simply wasn't relevant. I never said "Beans" was carrying an infinite mag.. i said Beans was an accomplice. As in, someone this person plays with. They were working together, along with 3 other guys who's names I was unable to get. I provide this information so that other players may be on the lookout and know that if they join a server with "Skody" and "Beans", they are probably playing against people who have no problem abusing exploits/hacks.

As to the issue of "proof"... the guy is carrying 2 weapons with infinite mags, as well as an extra infinite mag in his inventory. He was running around shooting petrol pumps enough to cause them to explode. You don't need to visually witness him firing 60+ rounds to know from looking at the magazines that they are "infinite mags".. I was in possession of the weapon for approximately 1 minute, and then dropped it and picked my mosin back up and hid his body.. This guy was clearly INTENTIONALLY holding an infinite ammo weapon. 

So.. By your argument, people who abuse hacks/exploits and ruin the game for other players just need a slap on the wrist, right? People who think it's okay to cheat don't deserve a ban? I like how you're telling me you hope that I get banned for NOT hacking while you're defending the obvious hacker by saying you didn't witness him actually using a hacked item and therefor he's innocent. 

Let's make something clear: I don't hack, so I have no fear of getting banned by "draconian" rules.. If you don't hack, then you shouldn't fear it either. Furthermore, DayZ, the DayZ community, and DayZ servers are NOT a DEMOCRACY.. They are a SERVICE and a LUXURY.. You pay for the LUXURY of playing a game.. If you ABUSE that luxury, you can be banned.. You do not have "RIGHTS" to a fair trial or any of that bullshit just because you purchased the game through Steam. 

I'm seriously beginning to question your legitimacy as a player, based on your twisted logic in defending someone who you DON'T EVEN KNOW, and who is obviously abusing an exploit to gain an advantage in an online game that, by the way, we ALL pay for.. not just them. 

But, hey, we should let it slide because we can't prove that he actually FIRED a hacked weapon, right? I mean.. Doesn't everyone carry around infinite mags? Maybe everyone should.. Maybe once this community is so completely inundated with hacking little pricks because it's tolerated by people like you, you'll see the error in your thinking. 

To be honest with you, it's getting difficult to even get good footage for my youtube channel because it seems like everytime I play someone is either exploiting themselves into the interior walls of the ATC, or the Jail, or yelling "F*ggot" or "n*gger" over comms, or they're grouping up in packs of 3-6 with infinite ammo.. So, maybe sometime soon, players who care about this game and this community will just get fed up and move on, and you'll be left here with the hacking little fucktards you seem to keen to defend.

Have fun with them.

nope, just saying if you're gonna ban people and take away their purchased product (eula product isn't yours blablabla...) then you should be more specific and accurate in your targeting.

Look, you saw your bit, but what you showed, he didn't fire jack.  you tar his friend / accomplice / person you saw him with with the same brush, with even less evidence in the vid.

your thread asks where you can go with evidence to punish these people, i really see no evidence.  Simple. 

You couldn't even get a VAC ban for CS with this information you provided. I'm not going to go around witch-hunting or expecting legit players to be culled with the rest, but you can keep your point of view, however strange and contorted I find it.

You build a straw man when you propose i defend hackers, and that the developer/3pp's inability to control hackers is an outcome of my point of view.

Unstoppable force meets immovable object it would appear.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

The most depressing part is not that those Mags are still around after month and the Devs havent figured out how to stop it, its the fact that Bohemia staff gives basicly everyone a free ride to pick them up and use them without the fear of any consequenses just because "there could be one who is too braindead" too think these Mags are legit. This is a nice way to tell every scrub out there: "Hackers/Glitchers/Game mechamic abusers are very welcome as long as you pay your 20€"

GG Bohemia

nope, just saying if you're gonna ban people and take away their purchased product (eula product isn't yours blablabla...) then you should be more specific and accurate in your targeting.

Look, you saw your bit, but what you showed, he didn't fire jack.  you tar his friend / accomplice / person you saw him with with the same brush, with even less evidence in the vid.

your thread asks where you can go with evidence to punish these people, i really see no evidence.  Simple. 

You couldn't even get a VAC ban for CS with this information you provided. I'm not going to go around witch-hunting or expecting legit players to be culled with the rest, but you can keep your point of view, however strange and contorted I find it.

You build a straw man when you propose i defend hackers, and that the developer/3pp's inability to control hackers is an outcome of my point of view.

Unstoppable force meets immovable object it would appear.

The video I posted is a condensed version of the entirety of what transpired.. IE - It shows me spotting the guy, finding him, killing him, finding the inf mag, and dropping it.. I have over an hour of footage just centered around this encounter but nobody is going to sit here watching an hour of mediocre unedited footage. I posted the video to show what I was talking about - not as an official submission of evidence in order to get someone banned. 

My argument isn't a "straw man", as I'm not even really MAKING an argument.. You're making an argument. I'm stating facts and asking questions:

IE -

1. Can people be banned for infinite mags?

2. If they cannot from Bohemia, can they from another source? (BE/VAC)

3. IF they can, what evidence/proof is required? Is video evidence enough? 

You've done nothing but argue about why people SHOULDN'T be banned or given excuses for how this kid could have come across a mag accidentally or how I didn't provide enough proof to warrant a ban. Guess what? Whether that's true or not, YOUR opinion really isn't important here. 

I never said "Beans" should be banned.. I never asked him to be banned.. Hell, I never TOLD anyone to ban Skody, even though if it were up to me, he would be just for carrying around 2 hacked weapons.

I still don't see why you're so keen on defending these guys. Do you carry around hacked mags? Do you think it's okay? If you found one, would you ditch it or keep it? Do you enjoy playing against people who don't play by the same rules as you? Do you think it's okay to use whatever exploit is available to gain an unfair advantage over players who play by the rules? 

If, in your heart of hearts, you said "yes" to any of these questions, then we have nothing to talk about.. and if you said no to all of them, then we're on the same side and you should stop defending hackers, lest you unintentionally affiliate yourself with them.

ok to recap:

You came here aiming to get these people banned.  This can be seen in your language.
Multiple posts (first 4) request whether they can be banned for their 'offense' and where you should direct your complaint to.

Is this a bannable offense and if I happened to have footage of someone who had one of these, with proof of their name, time, date, and server they were connected to, would there be any point in reporting it, who would I report it to, and would they be subject to ban?

Ah I see.. so if I got this guys name and could tell you what server he was on at what date and what time, could you guys do anything about it?

You were told where to take your information, or at least where not to

You were told that staff/support members don't see being in posession of inf mags as an instant red-card

You name and shame players with questionable evidence

You suggest that players with inf mags are intentionally being used by those with them, yourself excluded, and should be punished/'problem fixed':

Note in the video I picked up the m4 before I even recognized it had inf ammo. I almost took off with it just to kill the guys friends with their own hacked shit. Then thought better of it and ditched it. Still, people who carry around infinite mags and magdump into gas stations are clearly doing it intentionally. Someone who hacks magazines is also not going to see a problem with using other exploits or potentially download cheats. I'm not sure how they are getting infinite ammo in the first place but it definitely needs to be fixed.

conversation turns to discussing hacked inf mags and people's opinions on how to solve the issue. I count 2+ posters on this vein.

Please, turn your information in to Battle Eye or the relevant party and report back with an update.  Would be interesting to see the official response.

Edited by q.S Sachiel