Sign in to follow this  
harley001

Hit indicator (kinda)

First off before you rage at me.  I AM NOT asking for a a system that tells you what direction someone just shot you from.  I don't want the left side of your screen turning red when someone shoots you from the left.  I just noticed that in this game the only way we have to tell what direction someone just shot us from is sound and sometimes what side of you is bleeding.

Here is what I am suggesting.  In real life if someone hit you in the left side of your chest or shot you in the left side of your chest.  You would know that the impact came from the left.  You would feel it coming in from direction.  I was thinking that in dayz if I am running.  Someone shoots me from my left and hits my chest but doesn't kill me my character should say something like.

"My left side hurts a lot"  you can think of your own variant if you like.  

This would give us some indicator of where we just got hit from.  It wouldn't tell us anything exact it would be very vague (like in real life) but we would know the general direction at least.  This would help with some problems (mainly snipers), and help the combat a bit.

Put you CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or input bellow.  (Btw if you are going to pull the.  "ITS NOT REALISTIC!" card.  Please state why.  I get tired of the "ITS NOT REALISTIC AND I AM NOT GOING TO EXPLAIN WHY!" people.  

Edited by harley001

this is whats happen inside your body...

i REALLY dont think its only hurt on the impact point ;)

NO INDICATORS! the sound is enough.

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 2

It would depend, if you were hit from a .22 at very short range, you can certainly feel the hit and probably pinpot it to somewhat certainity. Get hit by a Mosin round, though, at <200 meters, 600 feet? Your internal organs will be too trashed for you to feel anything at all before you choke on your own blood; 9mill and medium distance, with kevlar vest? Sure, that punch will certainly give you a guesstimate of where it came from, it's not like someone poking your side at that range.

Edited by Santa fox

I don't think that sounds realistic.

What I WOULD like, is sort of a "THUMP" that hits you, and plays In either speaker depending on the direction of where you were hit.

What I WOULD like, is sort of a "THUMP" that hits you, and plays In either speaker depending on the direction of where you were hit.

Try closing your fist, moving it as far away from your waist as you can, then punching yourself. You'll feel it, regardless of how many times you try it and from what angle. It all depends on what level of realism you're looking for.

I think a "My left side was shot" would be good, cause after all Im sure you can see a gunshot wound XD

• Like 1

I think a "My left side was shot" would be good, cause after all Im sure you can see a gunshot wound XD

Yeah.  It is a hard thing to miss.  

Sound alone is usually good but it can vague.  Also what if they have a silencer?  Or something so low caliber you hardly hear the sound at all.  What if the sound gets masked?  I think we need a little more then just sound.    

It would depend, if you were hit from a .22 at very short range, you can certainly feel the hit and probably pinpot it to somewhat certainity. Get hit by a Mosin round, though, at <200 meters, 600 feet? Your internal organs will be too trashed for you to feel anything at all before you choke on your own blood; 9mill and medium distance, with kevlar vest? Sure, that punch will certainly give you a guesstimate of where it came from, it's not like someone poking your side at that range.

If your organs are trashed your dead.  You missed the part where I said "If you survive".  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

""this is whats happen inside your body...

REALLY dont think its only hurt on the impact point  ;)

NO INDICATORS! the sound is enough."" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quantum2k6 said the above not me.  The quoting thing isn't working.

Guys, this is a game, people get shot and live in this game.  This isn't real life stop treating it like real life.  The other day I was in elektro I got shot by a sniper, bandaged myself, and then just moved along.  Dayz is a game not real life.  It happens to realistic when compared to other games but it is still a game.  Btw yes it would hurt more then the impact point but you would sure as hell know where the impact point is.      

So getting shot in the left side.  Then feeling the left side hurting very badly is unrealistic.  Please explain.  
Edited by harley001

REALLY dont think its only hurt on the impact point  ;)

Well, with that kind of impact you're dead anyways :P

I think it's not unrealistic when you get shot with a smaller caliber that you know where the wound is, and therefore a statusmessage should appear. Maybe something like this:

"I think I got shot in the left side of my stomach"

It's only an estimate, and still doesn't tell you the exact direction, maybe somebody manages to hit you on the left side of your stomach from standing at 10 or 11 o'clock (with my example message).

Maybe a "check" action could tell you more about the direction where the bullet came from when inspecting the wound, but this obviously would force you to stop running.

Well, with that kind of impact you're dead anyways :P

I think it's not unrealistic when you get shot with a smaller caliber that you know where the wound is, and therefore a statusmessage should appear. Maybe something like this:

"I think I got shot in the left side of my stomach"

It's only an estimate, and still doesn't tell you the exact direction, maybe somebody manages to hit you on the left side of your stomach from standing at 10 or 11 o'clock (with my example message).

Maybe a "check" action could tell you more about the direction where the bullet came from when inspecting the wound, but this obviously would force you to stop running.

That was me quoting someone else.  -_-.

this is whats happen inside your body...

i REALLY dont think its only hurt on the impact point ;)

NO INDICATORS! the sound is enough.

I was quoting this guy but it glitched up for whatever reason.  

I see where you're coming from. Everyone is right about the damage real bullets do and how extensive. It would be nice to some how get a sense of where the shot came from, especially if you get hit. I play with a set of Astro A40's with optical HD audio and the sound couldn't be clearer yet you can't always tell where shots come from.

If you get hit, it would be nice to see an impact hole or blood spot on your character when you go to the inventory screen. At least you could see damage on your front or back side and determine from what direction you were standing where the shots came from. I do like the realism of shots whizzing overhead while trying to scramble for cover and not knowing where they came from, that's cool.

• Like 2