Sign in to follow this  
degude

Artificial bait for fishing (fishing lure)

Hi,

Very simple, artificial bait which you can use "unlimited" times.

Since live baits work better in reality, the "hook with the worm" should have a better catch rate than the artificial bait.

Additionally, each catch should damage the fishing lure a bit, because in reality the same happens, ripping the hook out of the fish damages the hooks. So for each x (x=3 sounds good to me) catches the artificial hook should switch to the next worse condition (pristine > worn). Maybe also the catch rate could depend on the condition of the artificial bait (makes also sense to me).

Kunstk%C3%B6der_Fotolia_27396942_XS-300x

Maybe the artificial bait should be even more rare than the usual hook because it seems like the better item to me.

I'm not a fishing pro, so maybe someone who's more experienced can add something or correct me :)

• Like 4

love it! :beans: just a detail... all of them are made for fishing reels and rivers or to haul behind a boat. ;) i am useing the orange one since 25 years - its still in a good shape its very good for perch!

but would love to find some rdy to use hooks.

Edited by quantum2k6

Love it! When and if they add bass I'd really like an artificial frog. Fishing with these irl is amazingly fun! (at least for me ;) ) 

But any kind of artificial lures, with a system close to what you said with condition and reduced chance of catching would already be great, :thumbsup:

Can we get a forum moderator in here to pass this on to the devs? its a great idea, and not something that's huge and would require a lot of work to add. It would make the fishing a lot easier. May I also suggest a tackle box that can be used as a storage container for fishing items? Do it exactly like the med kit, but only be able to store fish, fishing goods, etc.

Can we get a forum moderator in here to pass this on to the devs? its a great idea, and not something that's huge and would require a lot of work to add. It would make the fishing a lot easier. May I also suggest a tackle box that can be used as a storage container for fishing items? Do it exactly like the med kit, but only be able to store fish, fishing goods, etc.

I think you are underestimating how much work programming something in is.

Anyhow, I do sort of like the idea although I have no idea how the current fishing mechanics work. Yet to look into it. Does it even work?

I think you are underestimating how much work programming something in is.

Anyhow, I do sort of like the idea although I have no idea how the current fishing mechanics work. Yet to look into it. Does it even work?

I know its not easy to program even something small in, I was saying it would be easier then a lot of the bigger suggestions on these forums.

I also have no idea if the fishing works, as its so hard to get a fishing pole, bait, and a hook. I know its possible, as ive found the hook in-game spawning in normal houses. I don't even know how to get the pole or bait, will look into it then report back here.

Great idea! I love to try and survive off the land, and trying to find hooks is SUCH a pain in the ass.

..//..

its so hard to get a fishing pole, bait, and a hook. I know its possible, as ive found the hook in-game spawning in normal houses. I don't even know how to get the pole or bait, will look into it ..//..

Rope + Ashwood stick = Improvised Fishing Rod

Earthworm + Fishing Hook = Fishing Bait

Knife + Dead Fish = Prepare Fish

dig for Earthworms with Shovel or Hoe

Fishing topic = http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/197091-fishing/#entry1983077

Edited by pilgrim

Rope + Ashwood stick = Improvised Fishing Rod

Earthworm + Fishing Hook = Fishing Bait

Knife + Dead Fish = Prepare Fish

dig for Earthworms with Shovel or Hoe

thanks, I just died earlier so as a fresh spawn I will try this and report back with results

• Like 1

thanks, I just died earlier so as a fresh spawn I will try this and report back with results

Everything is easy... but the hooks.

You can even make your own fishing lures, I've done so myself as an expiriment using an soda can cut into pieces. I mean look at these examples:

a.jpg

This guy actually made two lures, by chopping a tea spoon in half and adding a hook

DSC00919.JPG#

This is the closest one I had made, I used a paper clip with a point sharpened, a piece of an old can cut into a tiny strip and a small bird feather. It works quite nicely for catching fish such as Pike and perch, even trout too!

The fishing lure you suggest is the same (in the game) as Fishing Bait

Fishing Hook + Earthworm => Fishing Bait

so it would be the equivalent (without crafting) of a crafted item already existing in the game

I would like to see "empty can" that you could then collect worms in. Many worms in one can.

In the Mod, the empty can was the standard requirement for boiling water to avoid illness. I guess it will come back?