Sign in to follow this  
ClintonJames

75 round drum AKM drum, where is the best place to look

where would you look on the map for one?  I've been checking the barracks' at the NWAF & Vybor but havent had luck 

Edited by ClintonJames

where would you look on the map for one?  I've been checking the barracks' at the NWAF & Vybor but havent had luck

You're looking in the right spot, just unlucky so far, or somebody is beating you to them.
  • Like 1

I found one in the Veresnik barracks, just like 30 mins ago.

I have found most of the ones I have in the barracks at the Pavlovo Military base. 

I have 3 in my backpack....

But really the barracks is the place to look.. 

have never found one in the barracks but i will keep searching :)

They're somewhat uncommon, but they aren't as hard to find as high-capacity vests. You'll find them easily enough in barracks.

Definetly barracks mate! They are a bit rare though, I've found 5 in ca. 50-70h gameplay, 4x balota barracks, 1x NWAF barracks

They're somewhat uncommon, but they aren't as hard to find as high-capacity vests. You'll find them easily enough in barracks.

Never found a drum mag, but found dozens of High-cap vests. Random loot my ass.

+1 on Barracks. I have found 3, all in barracks. I always take them when I find them, 30 rnd mags I will just strip for ammo to ensure it isn't used against me easily.

Other rare-ish item loot spots I've had a lot of luck with:

LRS - Schools (top floor storeroom) and very occassionally in garages.

PU scopes - Garages & construction sites.

Compensators - Only reliable place I can recall is in those large single-storey brick inns. Would like to know of more spots.

MP5/mags - Police car roofs.

Most people favor piano houses for loot. I find they're good for ammo and occasionally a Blaze, SKS, or Mosin, but I typically find the brick 2-storey with the arched entrance a better loot spot. Often has a gun (top of stairs) and useful stuff like a compass, keys, handcuffs, ammo, plus food in the kitchen.

Police stations are complete crap for loot since .46. Hardly worth checking anymore. I think the most useful thing you can find in them these days is an Mp5 mag.

Interested to learn of any good spots for pistol mags. I used to scour tents for these, but since .46 they seem a lot more rare. (either that or it's just that more people are scouring the tents)

Check the ocean near balota, I've dumped a couple in there over the past month or so :D

You can look at the DayZ map, and locate the spawn points.

but, in short, they only spawn at barracks. The rectangular buildings with bunks, doors on the left.