Pseudo1

What's your sound setup?

I've been watching some dayz videos and people always seem to be able to hear gunshots from so far away. When I'm playing with my friend, he always hears gunshots but I don't. I'm using some standard $40 Sony headphones so that might be the problem but it could be that my in-game volume is low.

So guys, what's your sound setup? How loud do you like your in-game sound to be?

Known bug, not your hardware.

Not sure how to answer your question. I'd say 'Not loud enough to cause permanent ear-damage and not loud enough to anger the neighbours'.

Or did you mean my hardware? 'Cause I got hardware, baby!

2 different questions:

1. What is your sound (hardware) setup?

2. How loud do you make your ingame volume? On a scale of 1-10.

2 different questions:

1. What is your sound (hardware) setup?

2. How loud do you make your ingame volume? On a scale of 1-10.

1 I have an Asus Xonar DG soundcard with a Pioneer receiver and some 80's three-way speakers.

2 Can't remember changing it but that may be the Steam cloud having saved my settings from way back. I'll check next time I'm playing, should I remember. I do remember having it set to 128 channels.

Anyhow , seems simple enough to test by just increasing your volume?

I'm not home right now and I always forget to test it when I start playing. Would it be possible to increase the sound of specific things like footsteps and gunshots?

I'm not home right now and I always forget to test it when I start playing. Would it be possible to increase the sound of specific things like footsteps and gunshots?

Nope (not yet <(?)>)

Put your master volume to the max ( in ingame settings/audio ) The game will sometimes lower it back to default when you log in.. so always check it before starting a gaming session.
Good luck.

After many many sound dramas with this game over the years i went back to full standard windows sound drivers, never been better. Gunshots at a distance and direct is finally working as it should.

My partner has issues picking up direct and doesn't hear a lot of the gunshots i do. Same with a guy who just built a brand new rig with a whoop di doo sound card, latest drivers, older drivers, whatever settings..random gunshots.

After many many sound dramas with this game over the years i went back to full standard windows sound drivers, never been better. Gunshots at a distance and direct is finally working as it should.

My partner has issues picking up direct and doesn't hear a lot of the gunshots i do. Same with a guy who just built a brand new rig with a whoop di doo sound card, latest drivers, older drivers, whatever settings..random gunshots.

tech lingo, I like it!

• Like 1

Some old Turtle Beach headsets that I took off my disused Xbox and plugged into my PC.

Which I don't even wear, as I like to listen to music whilst playing DayZ, which sort of defeats the purpose of a headset. So I just leave the headset on full blast on my bed, so I can hear a little bit whilst listening to music.

But we persevere.