hey, so i just bought the game on steam and tried to lauch it and turns out a black screen pops up and stays there no matter what, even though i can hear the game sounds (birds, rivers etc.) i even tried exiting the game with ( ctrl, alt and delete) but the screen is still black, am not sure if this is a bug or something wrong with my resolution? please help

Edited by dominykaskinderis

hey, so i just bought the game on steam and tried to lauch it and turns out a black screen pops up and stays there no matter what, even though i can hear the game sounds (birds, rivers etc.) i even tried exiting the game with ( ctrl, alt and delete) but the screen is still black, am not sure if this is a bug or something wrong with my resolution? please help

Hey, what's your PC specs? I'm going to guess it's to do with graphics settings or even the GPU.

Turn your screen on.

Cracked me up, well played.

Try 'Esc'?

8GB of RAM

Intel® Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.60GHz

64bit

that all i know how to check  :D, a bit of a noobie with computers and specs

Try 'Esc'?

yes i tried pressing "esc" number of times

8GB of RAM

64bit

Type dxdiag in the run/search menu or alternatively, download http://www.astra32.com/

then report videocard/resolution the whole shebang.

8GB of RAM

64bit

Ideally we'd need to know your GPU information.

Go here https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard and download Speccy, once installed and running take a screenshot post is here (Crop it too!) and we can take a look. So far there shouldn't be a problem. That 8GB of RAM and Processor makes *hope* your GPU is up to standard. Is the PC new? First hand? Did you purchase it from someone else or from a big retailer?

i have no idea what to write so im just gonna write everything :P

Windows 7 64bit (6.1, version 7600)

english

Gigabyte Technology Co.,Ltd.

To be filled by O.E.M

BIOS date: 04/17/13 14:13:56 Ver: 04.06.05

Interl® Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4CPUs), ~3.6GHz

8192MB RAM

3256MB using, 13052MB free

DirecX 11

(next page)

AMD Radeon HD 6670

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6758)

Internal DAC(400MHz)

1756 MB

1920 x 1080 (32bit) (30Hz)

Generic PnP Monitor

<snip>

my PC is custom built by a friend of my dad and i had it for about 1 year now

It's a good rig, shouldn't be an issue playing DayZ. Let me know when you've downloaded those Drivers. I'm hoping it's just a matter of drivers being out of date, updated and we're good. It's imperative you restart after installing them. 

It's a good rig, shouldn't be an issue playing DayZ. Let me know when you've downloaded those Drivers. I'm hoping it's just a matter of drivers being out of date, updated and we're good. It's imperative you restart after installing them. 

yeah, i updated it but still the same screen ? i have no idea whats going on. would it help to run the game in windowed mode?? but i have no idea how to do that on steam

yeah, i updated it but still the same screen ? i have no idea whats going on. would it help to run the game in windowed mode?? but i have no idea how to do that on steam

Nah, wouldn't change it. The game will load full screen. I'm a bit stumped on this one. Could try downloading pre-set video settings to the right resolution and see if that works. 

Try going here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrqombm6aoiye0n/DayZ.cfg

Download that file (Don't worry, it's basically a text file that tells DayZ what settings to play the game under).

Once downloaded, go to C:\Users\NAME*\Documents\DayZ and find the original DayZ.cfg and move it elsewhere, such as your desktop and move the downloaded DayZ.cfg where the old was.

*Replace NAME with your computers user.

i got 2 DayZ.cfg files now 1 in my documents and 1 in my files and i dont know which one is downloaded and which one is old :D  (EDIT) nevermind i found how to check :)

• Like 2

i got 2 DayZ.cfg files now 1 in my documents and 1 in my files and i dont know which one is downloaded and which one is old :D  (EDIT) nevermind i found how to check :)

Rofl, well the one you just downloaded would go straight to Downloads! Just pop the downloaded config into the old location :)

dude, i dont even have that file???? in dayZ forlde i only got 1 file "NAME.dayZprofile"

You should have 3 files and a folder, just put the config file into the folder and try running the game. The reason it's not showing the file maybe because the game has never run, but it's at least worth a try to see if we can get it running.

What's your steam name, it may be easier if I ask you and type on there instead of replying here. 

nope, that didnt help, i mean should i try downloading all 3 files and that folder and put them in there and then try?   steam name: dominykaskinderis

Not bringing up any users under that name. Go to your friends list on Steam, try to search for emigrates, I should be the top one from Denmark with the sexy display pic. Add me on there

Problem solved! We managed to get domas in-game and online. 

• Like 4