falcon1439

End game content?

Well, I dislike the term "end-game." I dislike it just as much as the people who say "end-game" as if it is some sort of bad thing. I get what you mean, but it may not be applicable/needed in DayZ.

The "end-game" in DayZ shouldn't be some fixed point wherein you can say "Well, I've got everything that this game has to offer."

It should be a state in which you're capable of surviving efficiently. It should always, always, always be a process. You should never have X and be having X forever indefinitely, without consequence.

The issue now, or more importantly with what the mod taught us, is that things need to be consequential to find/have/maintain/operate.

Take NVGs for example in the mod. Once you got them, they worked 100% of the time, required nothing to maintain, and were with you until you died. However, if we implement a "decay" system whereby items degrade over time without proper maintenance, or implement things like batteries, the picture changes from one of "Yep, got it, now what?" to "Yep, got it, now I've got to work to keep it."

That's just an example. But the point of all this, is that people need to stop thinking of the end-game as some sort of fixed point and/or status. One should always be a part of a process in DayZ, specifically that of survival. And the process of survival needs to be made more involved for the concept of an "end-game" to transition from a mentality of "I've got the best loot" to "I've got the best loot, but I may not have the best for situation X, and I have to work to keep the best loot."

Edited by Katana67