falcon1439

End game content?

When vehicles are in, there shall be banger racing. Hopefully the driving mechanics are up to the job.

I think the point of DayZ (back from the start of the idea) is you are not supposed to overcome the difficulty and danger.. sooner or later it overcomes you

if you get to a point where the game is easy, or habitual, or it doesn't scare you or stress you to be logged in

either it's time to find another game,

or you are sitting in a small corner of a big game, and it's time to go out and find the rest of it

I hope the second option is the way it's going to be

xx

soooo true...

at first i used to hate dying in the mod, so i played super cautious and really limited my exposure..

but after u venture round the map enuf times and collect all the gear u need for your playstyle, eventualy u realize that dieing is the one true exciting thing about dayz..

sometimes i'll just kill my character off on purpose to start the adventure over...

its all about the journey not the destination..

• Like 2

Zombie Pitfights.

Car Races from Svetlo to Kamenka

Footballmatches Living vs Undead in the new City Soccer Arena

You meet with 3 Peeps in Electro...the first who finds a Kompas Wins!

Solve the mistery of Green Mountain

Kill Snagletooth

Be a Cowboy and guard the Cows from Zombie attaks

Run through Berezino and yell "friendly" and survive longer then 3 min.

a55d953ec96bf1948272ebee9b7da1a7.710x438

Fine, I'll bite.  Before we have end game, we need end game gear and a big ass zombie boss, preferably 40 man raid boss.  Our end game gear should require years of grinding to acquire before we can even attempt to tackle the end game boss.  Medics must be equipped with multiple defibrillators and lots of bandages to bring back fallen comrades in battle.  The tank must have the machete of 1000 truths in order to hold aggro and dps must be equipped with AKM's with 10 50 round drums apiece.     

Run through Berezino and yell "friendly" and survive longer then 3 min.

Impossible.

Impossible.

Done it.

But I will say it wasn't more than 5 minutes before some hacked M4s mowed me down

Impossible.

Two nights ago I did this for grins. A squadron of guys came to the edge of the road and yelled for me to come get cover... then they executed me firing squad style. I lasted about 3 minutes and 20 seconds. So, it's not impossible, but hilariously they looked like a hero group and I thought they were actually going to help me out. Bambi is always in season...

Some of Epoch's concepts are a good representation of a potentially fun, meaningful metagame, even if Epoch itself suffered badly from the taint of engine limitations and stupid server configurations along the lines of hundreds of vehicles. There should be clan-controlled outposts, armed NPC trade caravans that patrol from outpost to outpost, NPC missions, NPC survivor / bandit camps, and other awesome shit. Overall, guided and scripted NPC interactions should accompany the sandbox experience of the game.

More gameplay features along the lines of vehicles and items are always nice, but they don't significantly contribute toward the objective of fostering a sense of community, and they never, ever will. DayZ should be something of a hybrid between a sandbox and an experience influenced by NPC interactions as opposed to the empty, pure sandbox that it is.

The only NPCs I ever want to see are animals and zombies. Sorry.

• Like 2

The only NPCs I ever want to see are animals and zombies. Sorry.

You don't want missions along the lines of being a guard for an NPC supply caravan, hunting down unique zombies or bandit squads, and collecting and bringing back loot in exchange for various rewards if or when loot eventually becomes much more uncommon? You don't want NPC factions that frequently engage in conflict with one another, or other potentially awesome features?

Honestly, NPC interactions open up an entirely new realm of endless possibilities. They'd add a sense of depth -- and potentially a sense of community amongst players -- that the SA just isn't otherwise going to have. And, again, DayZ wouldn't have to sacrifice itself as a sandbox game first and foremost to achieve this. Again, NPC interactions could simply serve to enrich the experience for those that choose to involve themselves.

Edited by Ransurian

That's the nature of a sandbox. Your limit is your imagination.

With some of today's gamers.... that could be very limiting indeed.

• Like 1

Endgame...

Camping (and fighting over camps/Items)

Diplomacy (relations, truces, pacts with other groups)

Vehicles (fixing, hiding, having them stolen, recovering them, holding them for ransom)

PVP (comes last on my list lol)

When you loose that camp that you spent weeks building up, you will be pissed and see true dayz endgame. This game is all about emotions, from fear and helplessness at the start, to tension and fear during engagements, then rage (x10 of a normal game because of the effort put in) at dying or loosing a camp. If you play on the same server all the time you will get to know the regulars, and who the likely culprits will be....a new clan war is born :)

These wars can be brilliant back and forths....They loot your camp, put everything you own into your cars, then roll off into the sunset.....after destroying your tents for the kicks. Then full of rage and anger you start hunting there camp to retrieve your cars and loot. Its almost never ending. Its cool when yu find your cars.....with some tasty extra items in them. Or you can be really mean and extract revenge.....keep eyes on there camp, wait for them to log in and end them....then fuck up the camp :)

Sometimes you can negotiate a truce with other friendly/bandit clans, whatever your style. We had a camps off limits pact with one of the bandit groups and trade going on with the other 2 friendly groups. Once you have a camp you don't mind dying half as much so people are a lot more likely to give it a chance when someone says "friendly". That's some good Interaction endgame.

I remember one time in the mod at the NWA, where a clan we had a truce with were already looting. We let them know with a lil "yo, we 300m to your SW"...Unknown to us one of the bandit clans had eyes on them aswell. When they opened fire we instantly backed up the other group, but as we did ANOTHER bandit clan was watching the whole thing. They moved around the outside wall and came up behind the other bandits, then over direct called a truce and formed one big group. The friendly group ran to us and it turned into a 10ish vs 10ish cross NWA firefight, that was some epic PVP end game, reading all the stories from diff angles on the server forums after was cool aswell :) 

• Like 1

You don't want missions along the lines of being a guard for an NPC supply caravan, hunting down unique zombies or bandit squads, and collecting and bringing back loot in exchange for various rewards if or when loot eventually becomes much more uncommon? You don't want NPC factions that frequently engage in conflict with one another, or other potentially awesome features?

Nope! I do not.

The reason is that NPC AI is always flawed and, in the end, predicable. People are not. Hunting supply caravans or bandit squads and factional conflict is all possible without NPCs, and will be much better for it.

• Like 1

For me it's finding other peoples bases and campsites and vehicles. There's nothing like the rush of stumbling across someone else's base when they aren't there.

Funny story, the coolest base I found in the mod was one that consisted of, a ural, an atv, a bicycle, a uaz, and the offroad pickup, with about 7 tents and stash spots scattered around. After taking the uaz and filling the gear slots to 200/200 or whatever it was with all their stuff, I decided to do one last thing to the camp before I bailed. The satchel charge I found in the offroad was just too tempting. I placed the charge on the truck and ran quite aways back. BOOOOOM. The blast was huge knocked me back and knocked over a tree which fell on top of me. You are dead.

Lmao I actually somehow sprinted back to gorka from electro and found the camp again before it was too late. Too funny tho.

• Like 1

"End Game" is a dragon with 4 heads in another dimension. I agree with other posters, in DayZ there is simply "game". Survive!!

20121118_quarm03.jpg

zomg it's quarm!!!! Vanilla PoTime for the win! God bless everquest!

Now thats some end game content ;)

Edited by JPWiser
  • Like 2

For me it's finding other peoples bases and campsites and vehicles. There's nothing like the rush of stumbling across someone else's base when they aren't there.

Funny story, the coolest base I found in the mod was one that consisted of, a ural, an atv, a bicycle, a uaz, and the offroad pickup, with about 7 tents and stash spots scattered around. After taking the uaz and filling the gear slots to 200/200 or whatever it was with all their stuff, I decided to do one last thing to the camp before I bailed. The satchel charge I found in the offroad was just too tempting. I placed the charge on the truck and ran quite aways back. BOOOOOM. The blast was huge knocked me back and knocked over a tree which fell on top of me. You are dead.

Lmao I actually somehow sprinted back to gorka from electro and found the camp again before it was too late. Too funny tho.

haahh i did the same thing in the mod..

if i came across someones base/vehicle stash i would Esplode it all...wether it be by vehicle damage or plain old shooting it till it went boom..

What's the point of this game once you're all geared up? Cars and craftable buildings will be amazing, don't get me wrong, but once you've built your base and got your car all pimped up, what's the point of playing anymore? I know lots of you will say either killing each other or interaction. DayZ gun mechanics aren't great, and if I want to play PvP I just go on ARMA 3, a game purely for PvP. Also, I hate user interaction, as I normally end up dead or giving someone stuff because I always end up helping people. I play with some great guys, and don't want any more to play with me. So, the question still stands, what is there to do once geared up?

there is no endgame, this is a sandbox. the point is to survive.

Also, I hate user interaction, as I normally end up dead or giving someone stuff because I always end up helping people. I play with some great guys, and don't want any more to play with me. So, the question still stands, what is there to do once geared up?

You tell us. You have set yourself such strict and narrow rules of play, cutting yourself off from the main attraction for most others playing this game, that your can hardly blame anyone but yourself for feeling bored or not knowing what to do next.

You tell us. You have set yourself such strict and narrow rules of play, cutting yourself off from the main attraction for most others playing this game, that your can hardly blame anyone but yourself for feeling bored or not knowing what to do next.

No, I just don't want to be shot and have to loot up all over again. I used to be a hero, and help out people along the coast. Too many times have I been killed by everyone from fully geared M4 KOS noobs, to a d*ckhead with a baseball bat. I want to survive longer than 30 minutes, so I don't try and approach people. If you don't approach people, are you suggesting it's a boring game? So is DayZ a dating game?  ;)

No, I just don't want to be shot and have to loot up all over again. I used to be a hero, and help out people along the coast. Too many times have I been killed by everyone from fully geared M4 KOS noobs, to a d*ckhead with a baseball bat. I want to survive longer than 30 minutes, so I don't try and approach people. If you don't approach people, are you suggesting it's a boring game? So is DayZ a dating game?  ;)

We survive for longer than 30 minutes and we approach the hell out of people.

Anyhow, DayZ is going to be one boring game if you're in it for the loot and the zombie-survival since both are downright broken. you can't convince me otherwise because I have played the same game you have.

Better off playing State of Decay or something if you don't want to run into real people. Get more out of the survival deal.

Some game have endings and final goals. This game hasnt. Its been like that from day one, when mod was relesed.

Edited by igor-vk

I am probably going to get knocked for this statement but both DayZ SA & mod thrive solely on their metagame, ala Garry's Mod. If you take all gameplay mechanics into consideration it has considerably less depth than even Battlefield 4 (multiple, difficult game modes) or CS:GO (extremely high skill ceiling). Some people love this and some people hate it but, in my honest opinion, I think this was done intentionally. I think they are trying to make DayZ the "Arma" of the survival genre.

Once you get geared up its time to stop being socially awkward and start finding people to be social with.

More often then not though this will result in you having to get re-geared.

It's a vicious circle.

What is the end of this?

ht_BuildaSandbox_hero_image.jpg

Same for DayZ

WOW - this is how Euclid and Albert Einstein started !

800px-Scuola_di_atene_07.jpg