Sign in to follow this  
LeeVanSpliff

I demand my broken leg back!

Did you forget that we're actually paying customers as well? Pretty sure the number of non-server-owners outnumber those who do own a server. (Read: "rent")

Not to mention that people who have already paid for the game are more likely to want to keep playing it so if a bunch of servers get shut down (how much does Bohemia get from that any way, do they license server software? I doubt they get a big cut seeing as how hosting anything costs next to nothing these days) new servers will pop up since pretty much anyone can do it without much technical knowedgle.

You just like to play the devil's advocate but that's cool.

Don't know if the server vendors aren't listening, no experience with that at all but I doubt Bohemia's largest part of their income comes from clandestine server admins.

I doubt they make any money at all from the server companies, i suspect there's a agreement in place where they have to sponsor the public servers in return for the ability to rent out servers to individuals following a like for like spec requirement. However, my point is while we're all in agreement that Bohemia aren't getting paid, if you didn't have private servers, you wouldn't have server companies, therefore you wouldn't have any public servers and so ultimately Bohemia are left picking up the bill to host all 1million active users. Which would definitely not be cheap!

So what were left with is a environment, ultimately hosted and sponsored by the public. So you jump onto little harrys' server, your subject to however he chooses to run that server. You can complain, but no one will do anything because everyone wins with him hosting that server. So lets just accept that some servers are run betters than others, and just go find another. But i draw the line at publicly throwing insults at him, because ultimately he's not running the server for you're benefit.

What I do suggest is perhaps having a blacklist on the server screen. So if you do have a bad experience on a server, you never need see it come up.

Edited by foxdie_01

See Jexter's poll and Beck's suggestion about exactly this

pretty much everyone agrees - except only one or two bad admins who won't name themselves

Jexters poll and Becks suggestion are two pair of shoes buddy, as example, i voted for NO but i totally agree to Becks suggestion delaying the serverrestart.

Should work like this: Admin initiates server reset, all character data is immediately saved and then all players are kicked from the server, server resets. You rejoin the server and you are exactly where you were and have exactly what you had at the moment the Admin started the reset.

• Like 1

Jexters poll and Becks suggestion are two pair of shoes buddy, as example, i voted for NO but i totally agree to Becks suggestion delaying the serverrestart.

( two shoes or two pairs of shoes ? .. all 4 of these shoes the same size?)

You voted NOT to have a five minute warning ...

BUT you want to have a five minute delay when the admin restarts the server.

whatever - it would make the admin wait to restart, but the players would get the restart without being warned.

well -the point of a poll is for people to cast their vote as they see fit, no prob. I put in the link for info.

Edited by pilgrim

You voted NOT to have a five minute warning ...

BUT you want to have a five minute delay when the admin restarts the server.

whatever - it would make the admin wait to restart, but the players would get the restart without being warned.

well -the point of a poll is for people to cast their vote as they see fit, no prob. I put in the link for info.

Thats it, i don't see a real reason why we should have that information, except for some ppl loosin their gear...OOHHHHH WHAT A BUMMER. That messages also often get used for "abusive" playinstyle, like, a group just looted the airfield, 3 minutes after leaving they see the message: server restarts in 10 minutes. What then happen is the same like serverhopping: ohh 10min restart, lets go back and loot the field again..

Furthermore, if lootrespawn is implemented there is no more restarting required

( two shoes or two pairs of shoes ? .. all 4 of these shoes the same size?)

ooops :D

Should work like this: Admin initiates server reset, all character data is immediately saved and then all players are kicked from the server, server resets. You rejoin the server and you are exactly where you were and have exactly what you had at the moment the Admin started the reset.

That makes sense.

Or just prioritize whatever data it is that needs to be transmitted to the master server when someone dies. Killed? Instant update.

he's contributing more to this community than you ever will all for this tiny little perk

Him spending 50$ isn't contributing to the community, especially if he's restarting everytime he gets in a pickle! That's possibly the single worst bit of logic I've see all day.

He's harming the community. It works like this, BI allows outsourced companies to host servers they in turn charge you to admin them. BIs rules are enforceable and enforced I've seen many a server suspended for admin abuse. Our privilege as earl access testers is to contribute to this community by going out of our way to attempt to break this game, (which 90%) don't do. So no it's not his house it's an apartment he leases and the landlords can evict him at anytime. Nothing you said applies until he's allowed to lock the server in which case we will have private servers. Right now all servers are public. And only rented to lighten the load on BI and allow as many people to find bugs as possible