Sign in to follow this  
Evaris

Craftable armor

Craftable armor  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craftable Armor be in the game?

• Definately! I want to be able to make armor from anything that might be useful for it.
    • Yes, though we should limit it to a few specific types (post what types)
    • Neutral / I don't care.
    • I'd rather not bother with any of this, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few in game. (specify those you wouldn't mind)
    • I hate this idea / I don't want to see this in-game (explain why.)
  2. 2. Should the steel plate vest be able to be used as a backing for a regular ballistic vest?

• Yes, it should be able to be added to it and used to improve performance of the vest
    • Neutral / don't care / no opinion / should be cosmetic/ or a way to carry the vest only
    • No, I don't think this should be an option.
  3. 3. What should sports armor be made up of?

• Rugby / American football armor
    • Futball / soccer shinguards and whatever is laying around
    • Rugby/American football armor with shinguards used as armguards and gauntlets
    • None of the above, I have a better idea (please explain in comments.)
    • I said I don't want any of this.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

So much yes.

^.^

Perhaps you could explain your emotions in further detail?

Okies!

Yes because it means more interaction with the environment and crafting system, plus leather is sexy. Crafting apparel with makeshift reinforced bits for armor is always fun! The post Apoc Mad Max aesthetics are hard to say no to.  Sports gear would look excellent with my predisposition towards axe murdering.

It all lets us harness more of the items in the gamespace as we see fit!

And later on it may give you choices. Maybe you want some tire-rubber for a chestplate or maybe you want to use that repair a truck. Maybe you could choose to use barbed wire for reinforcing your barricade or maybe you want to wrap it around your baseball bat? Stuff like that!

Edited by Rudette

I am going to have to say no. Makeshift armor reminds me of silly Mad Max stuff, not serious post-apocalyptic survival.

1)the armors should be only good against melee attacks , arrows and bolts.. 

2)wtf rugby armors . this isnt america
3)steel armor (idk how you can craft it ) should slow you down a lot but make you safer against zombies 
4) i dont think it;s viable because of the lack of materials in the game ..
5) they should add police shields instead of armors :D

1)the armors should be only good against melee attacks , arrows and bolts.. 

2)wtf rugby armors . this isnt america

3)steel armor (idk how you can craft it ) should slow you down a lot but make you safer against zombies 

4) i dont think it;s viable because of the lack of materials in the game ..

5) they should add police shields instead of armors :D

1.  You know, except for things like a cast iron stove door which I pointed out on the last page should stop rifle rounds realistically.  Unless you're arguing that regardless of realism, crafted armors should not be bullet resistant in any form.

2.  Hence why I suggested rugby instead of American Football, given pretty much no-one in America plays rugby and I figured it would be more popular in Europe.

3.  It should probably slow you down based on weight I'd think, rather than just because "it's metal."  Or is there more you are weighing on this?

4.  I see materials all around.  Car doors?  Animals skins?  Some nails on the ground?  A trash can?  I see a lot of possibilities.

5.  Those should be far more rare, IMO. 

bumping for hopes of more input and ideas.

Ringmail yes, chainmail (if you're trying to make real chainmail) notsomuch.  You have to weld together each of the thousands of individual rings and intertwine them if we're talking chainmail.  A master smith takes weeks to finish a single set, so... yeah.  Not so easy in the environment we're talking about.

But ringmail is simple and could be made simply.  You could probably take steel shower rings or something and stick them in a shirt of some sort. 

Have Made ChainMail in Real Life it is Fairly Easy But time Consuming

and You Don't weld each of the rings they are Just Crimped Closed Like this (But Realize Ring Size Varries on what you Want) these are Pretty Small Just a Good Shot of The Making Part :o

gnBsxGuOscKreYeV.jpg?resize=620%2C465NkZSNNctYcKtYBFE.jpg?resize=620%2C465

Across a Long Line Has a ton of Strength you Can't pry Apart easily

Since Each individual Ring would Need to Be twisted Open and Maneuvered

EDIT: (Sorry if this Has already Been Covered I Just Putting in Some info on it, Realized there Were Additional Pages After, Oops xD)

Edited by NokyoOkami

Have Made ChainMail in Real Life it is Fairly Easy But time Consuming

and You Don't weld each of the rings they are Just Crimped Closed Like this (But Realize Ring Size Varries on what you Want) these are Pretty Small Just a Good Shot of The Making Part :o

gnBsxGuOscKreYeV.jpg?resize=620%2C465NkZSNNctYcKtYBFE.jpg?resize=620%2C465

Across a Long Line Has a ton of Strength you Can't pry Apart easily

Since Each individual Ring would Need to Be twisted Open and Maneuvered

EDIT: (Sorry if this Has already Been Covered I Just Putting in Some info on it, Realized there Were Additional Pages After, Oops xD)

Crimping the rings closed is not historically accurate, as previously pointed out, Most chainmail was riveted.  Modern professionally made chainmail, ex sharkmail, is welded.  Anyhow.

Crimping the rings closed is not historically accurate, as previously pointed out, Most chainmail was riveted.  Modern professionally made chainmail, ex sharkmail, is welded.  Anyhow.

We Are talking about Survivors Not Renaissance Fair Purist or Professional Shark Mail Manufacturing By Regulations though

I Mean People are Saying Yes to Pillow Armor and Garbage Cans >.>

Chainmail Was Made this way in the Past When Haste and Quantity is Necessary over Quality and it is Still Practical And will Still Keep you From Getting Cut

Edited by NokyoOkami

We Are talking about Survivors Not Renaissance Fair Purist or Professional Shark Mail Manufacturing By Regulations though

I Mean People are Saying Yes to Pillow Armor and Garbage Cans >.>

Chainmail Was Made this way in the Past When Haste and Quantity is Necessary over Quality and it is Still Practical And will Still Keep you From Getting Cut

Fair enough, fair enough.