General Zod

Make server restart warning compulsory

Server restart warning  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should every server warn players 5 minutes before restart ?

What the title says. Basically make every server warn you 5 minutes before it restarts. Purely so that you don't end up logging back in some dangerous place like a middle of an airport. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 9

This I agree with entirely.

I hate it when a server restarts without warning, especially if I am in a building. It makes me look like one of those server hopping douchebags.

• Like 1

I've said this loads of times. There have been quite a few times where I've found a new backpack, dropped mine to transfer items and then the server has restarted without warning.

Would definitely like to see compulsary server restart warnings.

• Like 3

Yes... I can't stand having a server restart while I'm in a building, just when it happens to me %90 of the time I'm on the steps in the Military prison so I spawn in and it says "You are Dead" because spawning on stairs apparently is as deadly as a gun shot to the head..

Make a Poll.

NVM got it

Edited by General Zod

When an admin is on the server, manual reset is a bigger issue.
Yesterday, I've been on a server, within two hours, it has restarted for over 8 times....

To expand now that a poll has been added - I think servers should give warnings 30, 15,10 and 5 minutes before restart.

• Like 3

When an admin is on the server, manual reset is a bigger issue.

Yesterday, I've been on a server, within two hours, it has restarted for over 8 times....

The server providers could force a server message and then not restart until 5 minutes after it's been selected in the control panel. This would also help with the admins who try to roll back death.

• Like 5

To expand now that a poll has been added - I think servers should give warnings 30, 15,10 and 5 minutes before restart.

Some give 5 and 1 minute warnings.

How can this even be a question?

Its just common sense tbh, and should be in the game.

If its not there by beta, i will be very disappointed.

• Like 1

Vote yes for obvious reasons.

Moved to General because pressure needs to be put on Server Admins that have the tools but do not use them and GSP providers that do not provide the tools.

I try not to play on servers that do not announce the restart times (server restarts every four hours from 00.00gmt onwards) or give warnings (server restarts in 15/10/5 mins) but it's very hit or miss I'm afraid.

• Like 1

I think they should for sure start including the "restarts every x hours starting from xgmt" that would solve the basic issue. Should warn of a forced restart and standard restart 5,10,15 minutes out. I also think the Devs should hurry up an fix loot spawns because then it really won't be an issue. Yes I know they are working on it but it's literally the only reason servers are restarting atm and I don't see any reason restarts will continue after the fix. Voted yes though for now

One question:  I have been on servers with as little as 2 hour restarts (I don't like this, I do it because I can't get all my server choices on a longer spawn time server under 50 pngs) and had it restart like every 30 minutes, or something crazy short. 

So does this basically mean the admins are taking liberties just to gear up their toons?  If so, that is ******** lame.

I just dont play on servers that dont list restart times in MOTD. I also dont play on servers that i know have abusive admins that restart their server whenever.

Would like to see restart times mandatory, however

One question: I have been on servers with as little as 2 hour restarts (I don't like this, I do it because I can't get all my server choices on a longer spawn time server under 50 pngs) and had it restart like every 30 minutes, or something crazy short.

So does this basically mean the admins are taking liberties just to gear up their toons? If so, that is ******** lame.

Possibly yes or it could just be a incorrect setting. As has been mentioned though once they nail down loot spawns it will likely stop. We can't promise admins won't still reset servers but te every two hours thing should stop

Wow 100% yes

I made a post like this right near the beginning of dayz SA

It was about 80% yes back then and nothing has changed yet

From from the development point of view this is a very minor issue, don't expect them to implement it even though not a single person voted no so far

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Yes I know they are working on it but it's literally the only reason servers are restarting atm and I don't see any reason restarts will continue after the fix. Voted yes though for now

Apart from the items people place on the ground each with their own conditions and ammo amounts, dead bodies, doors that are opened and closed, the grinding pain of a server that's been running constantly without removing excess data

Yep no other reasons at all

I voted yes... but a few times them sudden restarts have made me laugh hard. like wen you leave your shiny akm and backpack with a partner while they keep and eye out and you go into tent city to find a piece you need and lose it all.

or.,

"hey man I found a drum for your ak!"

"sweet!!"

"here take it."

"I can't pick it up..."

"are you clicking it??"... "try dragging in into your...nomessagerecievedformotherfucker!!!!"

I was reading this thread and thinking about my local low-ping-area, where late evening there are maybe 2 full servers, and quite a few with 3 - 5 players. Nearly every time I log in to one of the 3 - 5 players.. after a short time it restarts.. and if I go back to the same one it restarts again soon after.. and there will be 3 of the players still the the same after each restart..

so I was thinking about admins of that kind, and how they must be irritated by this thread

and suddenly 'ping' a NO vote turns up

with no text to explain it

It made me laugh. Is there another explanation ?

Come on N0-sayers.. will just one of you tell who you are and why you vote 'no' ?

Edited by pilgrim

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES