GodForbid

Claymores/IED's/Mines

An IED (improvised explosive device) use such items such as walkie-talkies that are already implemented in the game to trigger the device and craft the device using chemicals or extra ammunition rounds.  Just an idea to start.

A claymore (activated by remote-control exploding with a pattern of metal balls like a shotgun) So i imagine implent a claymore and players would have to able to load it with extra shotgun shells and find guage wire to trigger it.

I didn't see this at all on the "List of already existing suggestions" so this something I'd like to see added to game make it a bit more interesting. Again just some ideas thanks for reading.

• Like 5

IEDs are a cool idea, and some improvised grenades are already planned. I'd also love to see some landmines that you can place down near roads or in fields, waiting for an unsuspecting vehicle or player to come across.

M-18 Claymores would also be great, although they'd have to be very rare, since you can remotely detonate them. They'd be a great end-game helicopter crashsite spawn, though.

I'd like to see 1-2 specific explosives that you could modify for different purposes, rather than a whole plethora of specific explosives. It'd would be a great crafting opportunity.

Empty tin can+ gun powder from shotgun shells just cut the plastic shell and empty the powder into the can , Open up a walkie talkie and cut the wire that goes into the speaker insert it into the powder, duct tape the crap out of the tincan.

Radio in the the first walkie talkie and kabooom.

You can do the same with cellphones and theoretically if the initial explosion is big enough you should be able to duct tape the tin can onto a larger much more powerful explosive such as a mortar round and create and even bigger kaboom.

Rio_Shotgun.jpg

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 2

Empty tin can+ gun powder from shotgun shells just cut the plastic shell and empty the powder into the can , Open up a walkie talkie and cut the wire that goes into the speaker insert it into the powder, duct tape the crap out of the tincan.

Radio in the the first walkie talkie and kabooom.

You can do the same with cellphones and theoretically if the initial explosion is big enough you should be able to duct tape the tin can onto a larger much more powerful explosive such as a mortar round and create and even bigger kaboom.

What about shotguns shell/Rat trap traps? Basically you mod a rat trap to shot a shotgun shell at about knee level. Apparently they drop people quick.

What about shotguns shell/Rat trap traps? Basically you mod a rat trap to shot a shotgun shell at about knee level. Apparently they drop people quick.

never heard of a rat trap shotgun booby trap but I am intrigued.

I have heard of toe poppers aka bamboo in ground with a nail in the middle shotgunshell in the center then bury it. Person steps on it and the nail detonates the shell bamboo shots the buckshot up and destroys the persons foot.

never heard of a rat trap shotgun booby trap but I am intrigued.

I have heard of toe poppers aka bamboo in ground with a nail in the middle shotgunshell in the center then bury it. Person steps on it and the nail detonates the shell bamboo shots the buckshot up and destroys the persons foot.

Basically that. I only know of the rat trap version because I read WWZ.

Seems like this would be one of them.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=548530&d=1332453522

A claymore (activated by remote-control exploding with a pattern of metal balls like a shotgun) So i imagine implent a claymore and players would have to able to load it with extra shotgun shells and find guage wire to trigger it.

Look up a claymore det on youtube. Attaching shotgun pellets to it is like throwing a cup of water on a spewing fire hose. Also you seem to misunderstand. The firing device isn't a remote and uses firing wire or you can set it up to be tripwire (victim) activated.

Look up a claymore det on youtube. Attaching shotgun pellets to it is like throwing a cup of water on a spewing fire hose. Also you seem to misunderstand. The firing device isn't a remote and uses firing wire or you can set it up to be tripwire (victim) activated.

The device can be detonated either way.

I would most definitely like to see craftable explosives compared to explosives that are found on crash sites or are in general extremely rare. I like to stick to the woods, and from observing action at airfields and such, I have examined a growing amount of groups ranging from 3-7 members together at once. Even a fully geared survivor with an AKM and a backpack of 75-round drum mags would have trouble confronting these groups alone.

Producing explosives would allow for a strategic yet risky approach to dealing with larger groups without having to go suicidal with only your trusty rifle. Crafting explosives would also make your need to loot greater so people are not left spending hours searching for only highly particular things like attachments.

I believe that is what I said.

"Look up a claymore det on youtube. Attaching shotgun pellets to it is like throwing a cup of water on a spewing fire hose. Also you seem to misunderstand. The firing device isn't a remote and uses firing wire or you can set it up to be tripwire (victim) activated."

"Look up a claymore det on youtube. Attaching shotgun pellets to it is like throwing a cup of water on a spewing fire hose. Also you seem to misunderstand. The firing device isn't a remote and uses firing wire or you can set it up to be tripwire (victim) activated."

The clacker needs a connection to the claymore. It is not a remote. The M18 can also be set with a tripwire. This is two methods. A remote is wireless, M57 firing device is not wireless.

The clacker needs a connection to the claymore. It is not a remote. The M18 can also be set with a tripwire. This is two methods. A remote is wireless, M57 firing device is not wireless.

The way your comment was worded was a bit tricky. There's still a remote but yes, it's wired.

An IED (improvised explosive device) use such items such as walkie-talkies that are already implemented in the game to trigger the device and craft the device using chemicals or extra ammunition rounds.  Just an idea to start.

I didn't see this at all on the "List of already existing suggestions" so this something I'd like to see added to game make it a bit more interesting. Again just some ideas thanks for reading.

Could be fun if it exploded prematurely if someone happen to be using that frequency :)

Honestly im not against this idea as long as a majority are craft able i mean nothing says survival more then making your own bomb and traps lol. Some though should be found in military condition but as very rare, like once in a blue moon stage. Also they should take up a bit of space but nothing too overkill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RyUXAGwZ_4

I wasn't really refering to those claymores that would level a building but something more homemade, craftable, and compatible with DayZ like in the video. Can be used by remote or wire would depend on how the dev team & players would like it.

Could be fun if it exploded prematurely if someone happen to be using that frequency :)

^Made me laugh :D

Thanks all for the replys and comments. Glad to see that so far this would be a acceptable and fun idea to have explosives.

Edited by GodForbid

I'd love to see grenades used as booby traps

Use Rope + Grenade = Trip wire explosive

Place Grenade on bodies so that when the next person goes to loot a body it blows

find clever ways to setup grenades or triplines so that when doors are opened they go off

along with IEDs and molotovs.....mayhem would be had by all

• Like 1

I'm in agreement that improvised explosives need to be a thing.  Especially since it would give me something to do with all the shotgun shells I find that I will never use. 

Hah, I remember Battlefield 2142 and its claymores. Just dump one somewhere and get a free kill!

Only good for grieving.

All explosives should be timed or complex enough to be spotted from a distance but not necessarily dismantled quickly. Tripwires, physics traps ...

Awful idea. Let's give an already douchebag heavy community a douchebag weapon.

The only other thing my post needs a 4.4gb image of a face palm.

• Like 1

in urban areas a nosiemaker type trap would be verry effective, car alarm's, cans full of bolts, firecrackers and fireworks and even military trip flare's could be used,They also have uses as nonlethal traps to guard camps when base building is implemented.

A perimeter of nonlethal trip flares or noisemaker traps around your bases minefield would scare off random wanderers and provide warning of an attack if your home while savering your rare landmines for invaders .

Edited by unmovingtarget

Finding real explosives should be rare military spawns (like 155 shells), but I think they should be in the game.  Who cares if it's a douche thing to add?  The goal is for realistic and fun, not to clear out all the trolls.

Finding real explosives should be rare military spawns (like 155 shells), but I think they should be in the game.  Who cares if it's a douche thing to add?  The goal is for realistic and fun, not to clear out all the trolls.

I agree, but I feel that there should be a good number of improvised explosives which could be used.  Tin can claymores would be fun.

Cut up some shot shells and use the gunpowder to make a pipebomb sure its going to be weak compared to a 155mm shell ied but it will still ruin your day if you set it off.