Sign in to follow this  
ZomboWTF

Bullet shock/damage values lowered?

Since the latest patch, the damage from Mosin, SKS and AKM seem to have significantly been lowered,

You used to be able to knock people out with one 7.62x51mm, or two 7.52x39mm rounds

Lately however, i need at least three Mosin rounds to kill, and at least two to knock people out,

SKS has gotten lower damage values as well, yesterday i hit someone with 5 SKS bullets in the chest and he still ran away, dieing from the sixth

I really miss people getting knocked out before they instantly die, i used to rob them during that and have a chat before deciding wether to kill them or not, but now that option seems to have been lost

its something to do with the player's gear absorbing the damage apparently. I don't like it at all.

• Like 2

Nothing to really worry about the damage system seems far too simple to be the final design choice.

Hopefully in the near future we get the real wound/medical system.

I am talking about hydrostatic shock, incapacitation, various states of blood loss rate depending on the gun caliber and organ hit, injury states from gunshots resulting in restricted movement and slowed speed, etc.

I am sure given enough time the damage model will be impressive and complex like hopefully most things in the game are.

#nomagicalrags

If it is the clothing, it's effect is way to strong for ballistic protection

i dont think that a tshirt and a raincoat can make you shake off a hit from a bullet,

even if its only 9mm rounds, not to mention .45ACP or SKS/Mosin rounds

i know its not all about realism, but the mosin just seems so useless when you can not knock out people with it consistently,

and just head-shotting them is an instant kill which is not what i want...

I killed a guy with a shot from the Mosin in the stomach. It happened since the last patch, so maybe your opponent wore a vest? Or you hit him in the back(pack)?

I'm not quite sure about this but I have something in mind that it may make a difference if there are items in the clothing. Protector case and matchbox eg should absorbe some dmg while a rag for sure will not (correct me if I'm wrong at this)

Speaking from a real world perspective at range a 9mm round has very little stopping power. This is why my bedside table has a .45 in it. It may not kill you outright but you will seriously reconsider having broken into my home while you stare at my ceiling. As far as damag reduction via clothing. Why aren't you aiming for the head? Seriously though it all seems like a place holder for armor values. Once fully implemented in sure we will see a much better system

Speaking from a real world perspective at range a 9mm round has very little stopping power. This is why my bedside table has a .45 in it. It may not kill you outright but you will seriously reconsider having broken into my home while you stare at my ceiling. 

sticker,375x360.png

• Like 5

I killed a guy with a shot from the Mosin in the stomach. It happened since the last patch, so maybe your opponent wore a vest? Or you hit him in the back(pack)?

I'm not quite sure about this but I have something in mind that it may make a difference if there are items in the clothing. Protector case and matchbox eg should absorbe some dmg while a rag for sure will not (correct me if I'm wrong at this)

Or maybe your opponent was already low on blood?

• Like 1

I think i really have to test ballistic damage values some day, if there are any volunteers PM me

i bet there are a lot of people wanting to get shot by me because of my curiosity... xD

edit: OR i let someone shoot me and see how it goes....

Edited by Zombo

Shot a guy twice in the chest with SKS, dropped him. Get into a firefight at Novo municipal building in the stairwells, takes both my 15 round mags, and my 30 to kill 2 guys. Comparatively, it probably would have taken a bit less, I was shooting at the guys groin since I was down the stairs, so I had the advantage. I've also tanked a bunch of bullets, been going on a single trip around Chernarus murdering people, killed 13 on my warpath, got injured, hurt badly, nearly dying many times, but i've gotten through it. I took 4 mosin rounds to the chest at the airfield with healthy status. The guy ruined my pants and my shirt, but left my vest prestine. (Armshots/like gut i'm guessing?) Healthy status helps a fucking lot i'll say, saved my life so many times.

Since the latest patch, the damage from Mosin, SKS and AKM seem to have significantly been lowered,

You used to be able to knock people out with one 7.62x51mm, or two 7.52x39mm rounds

Lately however, i need at least three Mosin rounds to kill, and at least two to knock people out,

SKS has gotten lower damage values as well, yesterday i hit someone with 5 SKS bullets in the chest and he still ran away, dieing from the sixth

I really miss people getting knocked out before they instantly die, i used to rob them during that and have a chat before deciding wether to kill them or not, but now that option seems to have been lost

Recently (I have video of it that I still have to upload), I took no less than 3 shots from an AK in a relatively small period of time.

1st shot did not make me bleed. It damaged my shirt and vest though. Was probably about 50 meters.

2nd shot made me bleed, broke my arm, and ruined my shirt and everything in it. Shot was from over 150 meters.

before the 3rd shot, I got a saline bag and bandaged myself and fixed my arm... the third shot made me bleed, and reduced my heath significantly but not much else. This shot was from about 100 meters.

Just some random info.

Damage is strange.

Recently, I shot a guy in the thigh with a mosin, and it knocked him unconscious and broke his leg.. I then put one in his head and finished him.

Another guy, took a Mosin to the upper body (around the neck), and it broke his legs... I then shot him in the side, and he was still alive.. my friend finished him with a mosin to the noggin.

I've killed people in 1-2 shots from just about any gun, and I've let loose with other guns and hit them a half dozen times just to have them fall unconscious with a strong pulse. It's weird. I'd like more insight into how it works.

Edited by Etherimp

Speaking from a real world perspective at range a 9mm round has very little stopping power. This is why my bedside table has a .45 in it. It may not kill you outright but you will seriously reconsider having broken into my home while you stare at my ceiling.

sticker,375x360.png

Cute coming from the guy who got his ass kicked by a Kansas farm boy! ;)

• Like 1

Cute coming from the guy who got his ass kicked by a Kansas farm boy! ;)

He was on steroids. 

Yeah I played a bit recently

Two guys ambushed me, took a good 5-8 AKM rounds to drop one and he was just pissing out blood (I used the scope and lost count after 5 blood splatters showing up but was about 8)

The second guy I aimed and shot him in the head

Went back to the first guy who was bandaging and killed him

I also got shot 3 times in the fight with a mosin and once with a shotgun, was low on blood but made it out

I had any military clothing and a vest but they had basic clothing and backpacks

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Speaking from a real world perspective at range a 9mm round has very little stopping power. This is why my bedside table has a .45 in it.

I don't like to break it for you but the .45 ACP doesn't have much stopping power either. However, the bigger rifle rounds should have it.

He was on steroids.

That's what they all say, except for batman he just pulls out the green rocks

I don't like to break it for you but the .45 ACP doesn't have much stopping power either. However, the bigger rifle rounds should have it.

#doyouevenmathbro? Kidding, in all seriousness though at close range stopping power in a pistol round doesn't get much bigger than a .45 especially when compared to the 9mm round (in real life obviously) the game physics though don't compensate for stoping power though it would be pretty nifty if it did. Walk around a corner take a round to the vest and get pushed back a bit.

However since coding is pretty much all math yes it should take a single rifle round to the torso to stop the average player with anything less than a ballistics vest on. An at most three pistol rounds. But again that I'm sure will get hammered out later

#doyouevenmathbro? Kidding, in all seriousness though at close range stopping power in a pistol round doesn't get much bigger than a .45 especially when compared to the 9mm round (in real life obviously) 

Harry_Callahan.JPG

• Like 1

welll to simulate higher stopping power of a round (like the .45ACP, dont know if hydrashock or not) they could just adjust the shock values

a weapon in dayz has three values afaik, bleed, shock and damage

if shock +500 is higher than your health, you go unconcious

so the simple thing to do would be to adjust weapon stats

so that you go unconcious because of shock damage when at full health

before you get killed through health and blood damage

amiright?

i am as far from an expert regarding this as is possible, never had a gun in my life (as long as you don't count an air-rifle lol)

but don't people tend to go unconcious or incapacitated before their heart stops?

welll to simulate higher stopping power of a round (like the .45ACP, dont know if hydrashock or not) they could just adjust the shock values

a weapon in dayz has three values afaik, bleed, shock and damage

if shock +500 is higher than your health, you go unconcious

so the simple thing to do would be to adjust weapon stats

so that you go unconcious because of shock damage when at full health

before you get killed through health and blood damage

amiright?

i am as far from an expert regarding this as is possible, never had a gun in my life (as long as you don't count an air-rifle lol)

but don't people tend to go unconcious or incapacitated before their heart stops?

Depends on where they are hit obviously. Getting shot with just about anything will send you into shock. Also, depends on the person.. Some people may immediately go unconscious, others may kick into adrenaline overdrive to stay conscious.. Getting hit in any vital organs I would think would incapacitate the person and if they didn't get medical attention in short order they would bleed out. Getting hit in the leg can be serious if it hits a major artery. 

Please please fix this as soon as possible.

I loved the Mosin (basically playing only that weapon since the start, not only as sniper but with irons as well).

Well, the weapon is shit now, even the .22 sporter is better at the moment.

It needs up to 3 shots to kill someone who is in range of 0-100 meter. That's just ridiculous.

#doyouevenmathbro? Kidding, in all seriousness though at close range stopping power in a pistol round doesn't get much bigger than a .45 especially when compared to the 9mm round (in real life obviously)

Harry_Callahan.JPG

I said much bigger didn't say it didn't get bigger.

I said much bigger didn't say it didn't get bigger.

Smith%20%26%20Wesson%20Performance%20Cen

• Like 1

I shot a guy in the back of the head from fifty or so metres with a Mosin last night. He ran away hemorrhaging blood like a waterfall from his cranium.

I stared at the screen for roughly thirty seconds unable to articulate my thoughts into words before logging off and shutting down my computer.

I shivered all night.

Edited by Grimey Rick

I shot a guy in the back of the head from fifty or so metres with a Mosin last night. He ran away hemorrhaging blood like a waterfall from his cranium.

I stared at the screen for roughly thirty seconds unable to articulate my thoughts into words before logging off and shutting down my computer.

I shivered all night.

are you sure it wasn't the lower neck?

every time i shot someone in the head, even when they had a motorcycle helmet and they got shot with a .22 they always died