Sign in to follow this  
MrRepzion

Admin Death/Damage Log

Hi guys, browsed a round the forums looking for this topic, but couldn't seem to find any threads that brought this up.  After a very angry day today on my server of being killed by hackers, I think it would be great for the admin (myself) to be able see a combat log of all damage and kills by players.  I say this because then we can actually see who is glitching their guns and hacking.  Everytime my server gets full  the pvp zone is nearly impossible to fight in  due to  hackers.  Me and my group of friends managed to kill several of them, all of their gear, mags, gun, had unlimited everything. Of course, killing them felt awesome, but finding myself dead 15 mins later from a player flying through the roof of the bar in Berinzno and killing all 4 of us on the spot was beyond frustrating. 

First time I've ever raged my own game server....  Perhaps its  because I have a large youtube channel which makes my server more likely for hackers to play on my server, but either way something needs to be  done as my server is literally unplayable when it gets full of these types of exploiting asshats.

What do you guys think of this?  

Honestly.. The what, 5% that would use this as intended.. Vs the 95% who would kick the people who just brained their buddy or them..

Around 25% of the people I've killed in DayZ have either called me a hacker, or rushed back calling me a hacker.. Chance are some of them have been badmins trying to grab my pulse/get me to type to kick me.

It's a great theory, however, When who can and can't have a server is unregulated, it makes it a terrible idea, that'd literally destroy the game.

Also, Most servers with 20+ players, generally has a glitcher/hacker/duper group in all the hotspots..

Honestly.. The what, 5% that would use this as intended.. Vs the 95% who would kick the people who just brained their buddy or them..

Around 25% of the people I've killed in DayZ have either called me a hacker, or rushed back calling me a hacker.. Chance are some of them have been badmins trying to grab my pulse/get me to type to kick me.

It's a great theory, however, When who can and can't have a server is unregulated, it makes it a terrible idea, that'd literally destroy the game.

Also, Most servers with 20+ players, generally has a glitcher/hacker/duper group in all the hotspots..

Disagree entirely and odds are this will be in final build.

Rcon is at a minimum atm but don't expect it To stay that way!

My pet peeve is admins abusing their powers. That's all i have to say about that.

Well it's going to happen, only way to stop it is get your own server. As Rcon for Dayz advances so too will abuse. It's really all about being an adult. It's also about what they allow in Rcon in my CS1.6 days I was very pick who had access an each admin had to show me they could handle it for at least a week before I gave them permanent access.

But it also gave us the freedom to give hackers the whatfor ass needed. We did all kinds of mean shit to hackers. But as long as you were a good player you never had to fear the mods

I would think that a visible combat log would give admins an advantage over players that don't have a log.  It sucks having to deal with cheaters, however, try to have faith that when the game is finished that it wont be an issue.  Dayz's lifespan depends on it.

At some point, certain admins will abuse their powers, yes,  however I think it would be the most reasonable approach in  order to eliminate these types of players.  I only play on servers with trusted admins and have never kicked anyone for killing me, even when my mates found out who did it. The other problem is that one of the hackers we killed who had a glitched M4A1 (had a like 6 numbers after the mag clip)  is he logged out instantly and it said, "unknown entity" so I couldn't even manually ban them....

It sucks and there needs to be some way to see who killed you, which should be an admin command console someplace.