trev186

Night Time Play & exploit Poll

Night time play and Gamma exploits  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What deters you from playing at night on a regular basis?

• Too dark
    • Gamma exploiters
    • I just prefer to play during day
    • Nothing deters me
  2. 2. If you do play at night on a regular basis do you use gamma exploits?

• Yes I turn up the gamma/brightness
    • no
    • I do not play at night
  3. 3. if you do play at night regularly & use gamma exploits why?

• Because everyone else does
    • Too hard to see
    • Too scary
    • I do not use gamma exploits

Just keep pulling at them straws...

Exploiters will come up with any excuse to exploit.  Sad and pathetic really

• Like 1

The point here is that as long as people are given a chance they'll do what they want. Worrying about gamma exploiters when they're given the chance and opportunity to exploit is just going to ruin your day. Until the devs do something then there is no point in worrying and making polls.

The point here is that as long as people are given a chance they'll do what they want. Worrying about gamma exploiters when they're given the chance and opportunity to exploit is just going to ruin your day. Until the devs do something then there is no point in worrying and making polls.

My point is... Any exploit, be it small, easy or major is still an exploit. People who use "insert exploit here" try to justify it anyway they can.

The "I do it because everyone else does it" takes the cake. The people who use this excuse are indeed part of the problem, especially when there are other options other than exploiting.

The point in the poll is the devs said they could not do anything aside from making night time easier to see in....

Which that only makes the problem worse....the more u make night time lighter the more the gamma exploiters profit unless night time becomes the equivalent to wow night time where u can see everything just fine but the sky is just dark.

I personally think they should remove the option entirely.

The amount of players impacted by that will have to be very small. Otherwise night time play will always be spoiled.  

The point in the poll is the devs said they could not do anything aside from making night time easier to see in....

Which that only makes the problem worse....the more u make night time lighter the more the gamma exploiters profit unless night time becomes the equivalent to wow night time where u can see everything just fine but the sky is just dark.

I personally think they should remove the option entirely.

The amount of players impacted by that will have to be very small. Otherwise night time play will always be spoiled.  

Sadly this is really the only option.  It's either make a pretend night, hur dur, dark sky or no night.

I have the ASUS PQ321Q. If you would, please explain to me how I got "ripped". Currently, there are three main contenders for the 31.5" belt: Dell, Asus and Sharp. Samsung has yet to release their 31.5" UD970, but as soon as they do, I'll sell mine and buy it (or just run dual-display with both). I am a big Samsung fan (every television and mobile device in my house is Samsung), but I couldn't justify sacrificing 3.5" of screen real estate at the time of my purchase as Samsung only had the 28" UD 590 on the market. The Dell was out of the question as I've never had a good experience with them and their monitor was cheap looking, and the Asus/Sharp monitors looked exactly the same so I went with Asus. HDMI currently requires compression to reach 4K resolution, so I didn't give a shit that I wasn't getting an HDMI port on my lovely, big, fly-as-fuck monitor. 

However, none of these monitors (which are top end, btw) do what you claim in "eliminating shadows" and "making black lighter". Hence me asking you for a link, as I'd love to learn how to make my monitor do so.

Also, getting "ripped" is relative. I make a lot of money. I wouldn't lose any sleep over $3,000.

Sorry it was a BenQ

Watch this..

And you did get ripped because,that isn't a true Gaming monitor....

But any half decent Led monitor can gamma exploit even if they locked in down in game,mine does..

Sorry it was a BenQ

Watch this..

And you did get ripped because,that isn't a true Gaming monitor....

But any half decent Led monitor can gamma exploit even if they locked in down in game,mine does..

No, it's not a gaming monitor. It's a 31.5" 4K monitor. I game at 60 FPS with V-Sync enabled. I have no need for a refresh rate higher than 60Hz. (You won't find a 4K monitor with a refresh rate any higher, anyway.)

All that monitor enables you to do is control your contrast based on how dark something is so you don't get a shitty looking display in the bright areas. It normalizes already available light; it doesn't provide light where it doesn't already exist. Even in that "dark" corner (which isn't even that dark) there's some light, or it would be pitch black. My monitor does something similar to this. I use it mostly for watching movies that are too dark.

Anyway, at night time in DayZ it's pitch black (or it used to be; they dumbed it down for the whiners) when the moon isn't out. Even the gamma exploit doesn't work when this happens.

Edited by Grimey Rick

No, it's not a gaming monitor. It's a 31.5" 4K monitor. I game at 60 FPS with V-Sync enabled. I have no need for a refresh rate higher than 60Hz. (You won't find a 4K monitor with a refresh rate any higher, anyway.)

All that monitor enables you to do is control your contrast based on how dark something is so you don't get a shitty looking display in the bright areas. It normalizes already available light; it doesn't provide light where it doesn't already exist. Even in that "dark" corner (which isn't even that dark) there's some light, or it would be pitch black. My monitor does something similar to this. I use it mostly for watching movies that are too dark.

Anyway, at night time in DayZ it's pitch black (or it used to be; they dumbed it down for the whiners) when the moon isn't out. Even the gamma exploit doesn't work when this happens.

If you combine the 2 together it does...

And now you can see why i said you got ripped off...

But if it is used to the max which you don't see,it does or hasn't got any shadows which means there is light there...

The same can apply to any monitor but this would take it even further than a normal 1..

I have been playing off and on for 8 days now.  I do not play with gamma exploits, but I did at first just to learn the game.  I had been on low or 0 population servers, again, simply to worry about the mechanics of the game itself.  The fear involved in night time runs makes it better without punching up the gamma correction.

If you don't like the difficulty of the night and the aholes that come with it who exploit and shoot you from their chicken holes then I would say use a 24/7 day server because gamma exploit makes what you watch visually unpleasant.  It is like choosing to watch a black & white tv version of an HD movie.  Why bother?

I will say this though, wouldn't it be great if they made the gamma exploiters' toon GLOW brighter and brighter with the higher gamma correction they use?  If you use an in game correction method this could be done, and it would make them stick out like a sore thumb from long distances. 

Hm, I am going to drop that under suggestions...

• Like 1

If you don't like the gamma exploit then don't use it. If you do, then use it. There will always be something to complain about. Get used to it.

I don't mind the new night so much. Should it be darker? Yes, at least until moonrise. Should it be as dark as it was? Only if there is some bad weather.

My biggest wish right now is for zombies to be fixed.

My second biggest is for night to be fixed.

I would absolutely love for nighttime to be unavoidable, dark, scary, and strongly encourage the use of a flashlight or night vision goggles. It adds a huge amount of atmosphere to the game that you really can't get during the day.

But instead I use the gamma exploit because 1) broken flashlights go through walls and 2) there's a >50% chance based on the poll that anyone I run into at night is going to be using it to see plain as day. Atmosphere is great, but not worth throwing away all my gear for.

I would like to see it be the same for everyone and force the use of a light source. Looting at night requires a flashlight or lamp. It might give you away but everyone will need it. Move around in the dark and click on the light to look for loot or what ever. What's the point of even having flashlights or lamps if there is not need for them?

My first time playing was at night and it was kinda scary...before I realized zombies were far and few between... But I managed to make it up to the top of a tank and was looking around then next thing i know there is another (friendly ) player right behind me. Obviously he had is gamma up to see me because it was really dark out. I did change my gamma a bit to make it not black out but it kind of took some of the scariness out of nighttime. I don't know of a good answer to this one but I usually don't play at night anymore only because I refuse to up my gamma every time night comes around or play with it washed out during the day.

You should add the option for the 3rd question:

"Because I can"

Anyway, looking forward to dark nights, where every idiot starts running with a light source making them a perfect target. I assume people will be stupid enough to try looting places during night time.

What if the Ping is high? What if there are no players and I want a highly populated server?

Lol, You will never find a night server that is populated, most people are on daytime, so it should be very easy for you to avoid the night.....

I don't use the gamma exploit, first of all it makes the game look like crap, and second I like the darkness(wich they ruined with the latest patch). Offcourse when there are some out there who use the exploit, then I just 'pretend' they have been lucky and found a pair of NV googles, that way I don't need to use it.

Edited by Kaboki

Lol, You will never find a night server that is populated, most people are on daytime, so it should be very easy for you to avoid the night.....

I don't use the gamma exploit, first of all it makes the game look like crap, and second I like the darkness(wich they ruined with the latest patch). Offcourse when there are some out there who use the exploit, then I just 'pretend' they have been lucky and found a pair of NV googles, that way I don't need to use it.

Refer to this...

"If you don't like the gamma exploit then don't use it. If you do, then use it. There will always be something to complain about. Get used to it."

"If you don't like the gamma exploit then don't use it. If you do, then use it. There will always be something to complain about. Get used to it."

I agree, because nothing will prevent people from using it as long as there is a possibility to use it, but, I still consider people using it cheating son of a bitches :lol: , but Im used to it, so it doesnt bother me much.

Same with the "fixing blurry vision with entering video settings", I don't use it, because I like to have a slight challenge in a game that, well isn't any challenge at all, even if it gives other players an advantage over me.

I would prefer If people didn't cheat this way, but I have learned to live with it, just gives me more challenge knowing that Im probably the only one running around with blurry vision after zombie attacks. Heck I sometimes eat rotten fruit too 'simulate' that I got a desease after that last zombie hit me, I do this occasonally just to get more 'survival' out of this game :rolleyes: .

Edited by Kaboki