Sign in to follow this  
Warhoax

Use scopes without guns

A scope has a sweet spot to look trough, to far to the left or right (your eyes) and the lens will turn black because the light of the hull gets reflected. It is possible but would be to much of an hustle to get a steady vision.

The only way you'd have a problem using a scope with just your hands is if you were Michael J Fox:

Michael-J.-Fox2.jpg

• Like 1

The only way you'd have a problem using a scope with just your hands is if you were Michael J Fox:

Michael-J.-Fox2.jpg

oooh hahaha, that is some dark humor right there!

• Like 1

It would make the binoculars obsolete, especially now they take up a ridiculous FOUR slots. It would be good if the scopes were a horizontal 2 slot and the binoculars a vertical 2 slot and then people could pick the type of slot they want to occupy.

And enough talk that you can't hold a scope in your hand, of course you can. It just gets harder to stabilize when your magnification is high. That's something they could easily add into that function.

It would make the binoculars obsolete

Almost any binocular have much larger field of view than almost any scope. Obviously that depends on magnifying but if we compare scope 7x50 and binocular 7x50 - binocular will win in category of field of view. Also if will be better for observation at night.

• Like 2

It would make the binoculars obsolete, especially now they take up a ridiculous FOUR slots. It would be good if the scopes were a horizontal 2 slot and the binoculars a vertical 2 slot and then people could pick the type of slot they want to occupy.

And enough talk that you can't hold a scope in your hand, of course you can. It just gets harder to stabilize when your magnification is high. That's something they could easily add into that function.

the inventory size of binoculars has already been decreased to 2  slots in latest experimental

• Like 2

For everyone that thinks this would be hard, what sort of drugs are you on? I get that you need to have the right angle to see through a scope. Which is why I cant shoot lefty with my friends SIG556xi, but have no problem shooting righty. There is no reason why someone wouldn't be able to hold a scope by its self and look through it. There is nothing in the way preventing you from looking through the scope at the right angle or distance, like people have already posted..

• Like 2

I still really support this one and would like to see it happen.

I still really support this one and would like to see it happen.

Agreed, now that all the claims of it being unrealistic have been debunked with photo evidence, there is no reason not to allow this act in game. As for it being a superior choice to the binoculars, so be it. This isn't supposed to be a casual game where items are adjusted for balance. 

• Like 1

Agreed, now that all the claims of it being unrealistic have been debunked with photo evidence, there is no reason not to allow this act in game. As for it being a superior choice to the binoculars, so be it. This isn't supposed to be a casual game where items are adjusted for balance. 

Amen, there's nothing wrong with multiple items having the same or a similar use... 

Well it would be nice to actually have binoculars not be a "bloat item". What the other guys in the thread said about field of view, we could go with that.

Then we just give binoculars advanced variable zoom, I guess, and we're done. Do scopes have variable zoom ingame? I've been chronically unlucky in actually finding one to affix to my guns when I have them, either I get the gun or the scope before dying.