JoeReaper

Starting weapon

It's my impression that you can't kill zombies with just your hands, only knock them down. And I'm not saying give them a gun, literally just a stick so that you can do more than just knock down zombies. So no, it wouldn't be anything like CoD, unless you've been playing some version set in the stone age?

A stick isn't much to ask for.

Right now fists are stronger than some guns... just learn to punch.

Zombies are easily killed using fists as long as you circle them and attack their head. No problem unless they hit you and you bleed out after the fight because you can't find bandages or something to tear into rags.

Spawing with a stick is stupid - because you can literally find them everywhere. Being able to attack using a flashlight or wooden sticks (I believe right now only ashwood sticks work as weapon) would be enough. Then you could also decrease fist damage.

Zombies are easily killed using fists as long as you circle them and attack their head. No problem unless they hit you and you bleed out after the fight because you can't find bandages or something to tear into rags.

Spawing with a stick is stupid - because you can literally find them everywhere. Being able to attack using a flashlight or wooden sticks (I believe right now only ashwood sticks work as weapon) would be enough. Then you could also decrease fist damage.

'Wooden sticks'

I didn't know there were any other kind of sticks lol. If you say you can kill zeds with your fists, then I'll have to try it again (after I starve to death). My main concern was being unable to actually kill the things off.

It's confirmed......Zombies can be beaten to death with bare hands...........................

Fists thanks !

In RL I have enough firepower and ammo at home to last me a while. Unfortunately, or rather, fortunately this game everyone starts on the same playing field lets keep it that way.

You can fight off 5+ zeds at a time easy, without even taking one hit, with fists, once you know how. Zombies are totally trivial right now.

Maybe we DO need a starting pistol...

sh-TAP22-alpha-quality-starting-pistol.j

Damage: 0

• Like 1

IRL, you wouldn't wake up on a coast with nothing. IRL this game wouldn't exist most likely >_>

Really? Last I checked this game does exist in real life...

And you already start with your fists, which are better than the weapons the OP suggested in the post.

Please no starting weapon. Using fists at start is totally fine. Go search for weapons & earn them! That's part of the game. If you want to spawn with weapons go play a different FPS game.

Or get your little skull ventilated by folks that detest limp dick sissies that are prone to adolescent behavior perpetrated against newbies and new spawns. The fact is that most people these days except the most clueless new players would rather take a bullet to the brain than submit to the kind of perverse stupidity that you apparently enjoy....pathetic. Get a life kid.

I think it was pretty obvious I was joking. Perhaps not. In either event, it sounds like you need to roll a fat J and chill the fuck out. I don't actually pull that kind of shit, because it's been pulled on me, and I really didn't enjoy it, and I don't enjoy putting others through shit I don't enjoy myself (unless they deserve it).

And exactly how old do you suspect I am? I'm certainly not a kid, I can tell you that much.

• Like 1

I think it was pretty obvious I was joking. Perhaps not. In either event, it sounds like you need to roll a fat J and chill the fuck out. I don't actually pull that kind of shit, because it's been pulled on me, and I really didn't enjoy it, and I don't enjoy putting others through shit I don't enjoy myself (unless they deserve it).

And exactly how old do you suspect I am? I'm certainly not a kid, I can tell you that much.

OK MY BAD.  But, humor and sarcasm doesn't always translate well across the wire. As for your age, the comment if taken seriously (as I in error did) indicates a youngster but since you said you were in fact joking I have no idea about your age ..Please accept these beans as compensation for my error. :thumbsup:   

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

OK MY BAD.  But, humor and sarcasm doesn't always translate well across the wire. As for your age, the comment if taken seriously (as I in error did) indicates a youngster but since you said you were in fact joking I have no idea about your age ..Please accept these beans as compensation for my error. :thumbsup:   

I'm glad that you have the maturity and wherewithal to realize your error and offer up an apology (which I accept). I agree 150% about humor and sarcasm not translating well in text; I've actually made the same point myself several times. Of course, this being an online forum, I have little other choice in expressing myself. I gladly accept your beans, and offer some of my own, in hopes that we may one day encounter one another on the fields of Chernarus and work together to defeat the bandits with poor aim that will inevitably be firing upon us.

And FYI, I'm 32. :)

I'm glad that you have the maturity and wherewithal to realize your error and offer up an apology (which I accept). I agree 150% about humor and sarcasm not translating well in text; I've actually made the same point myself several times. Of course, this being an online forum, I have little other choice in expressing myself. I gladly accept your beans, and offer some of my own, in hopes that we may one day encounter one another on the fields of Chernarus and work together to defeat the bandits with poor aim that will inevitably be firing upon us.

And FYI, I'm 32. :)

Thanks for the beans man and like you nothing gives me greater pleasure that hosing down these so called bandits. Along with the bandits some of the clowns that imagine themselves to be 'hero players' or Law Givers can be as big a pain in the ass as bandits. I have greased a couple of those guys when they tried to exercise their 'authority' over me. I am sure you would do the same thing because you never know, the Law Giver rap might just be bandit camouflage. And I would rather take at least one down with me if they want to play the Ranger Rick game with me. I tend to stay away from other players. 

I just saw this Youtube vid its hilarious.

Edited by Xbow

All I've ever managed to do is knock zombies down with my fists. So what magic technique are you using to mow them down en masse then?

You do spawn with a weapon. Your fists.

If you get in a situation with a zombie, you hit it in the head and haul ass before it gets up.

You can knock people out with 1-2 hits to the head.

To easy, and its not hard enough yet. There has to be a starting point with nothing so you can appreciate when you have something!

You DO start with a weapon..it's called your fists and they make short work of zombies.

Just put up yer dukes and circle to the right or left and beat its ass down, then rabbit punch it in the back of the head until it gets on it's feet and resume circling it. 

You won't even get hit ONCE by the zombie....you don't need a swiss army knife to start.....................

This. ^

Though... fists don't make "short work". With SA's zombies, it takes me about 20 or more face-punches to kill a zed. Is that just me? I hope that's not just me.

All I've ever managed to do is knock zombies down with my fists. So what magic technique are you using to mow them down en masse then?

I am not aware of any magic techniques. But I can tell you that after you've knocked one down keep punching until the slime bucket expires.  But remember, one crack in the head from a fire extinguisher delivers several times as much damage as a punch in the chops. 

But I will give you a sort of magic technique. Get a few zombies to chase you and lead them over the edge of a steep incline at a full run. You will slow down and perhaps slide a bit but the zombies will skate past you at full speed and do a gratifying face plant into the dirt and die instantly. It is hilarious :D .

Edited by Xbow

Though... fists don't make "short work". With SA's zombies, it takes me about 20 or more face-punches to kill a zed. Is that just me? I hope that's not just me.

its not just you that's for sure. 20 hits sounds about right (or wrong). The bat is almost as weak as a punch I think. I think the fire extinguisher is good and just one step behind the spliting axe and a bit more behind the Fire Axe but it is slow. The pipe wrench, crowbar and all the farm implements are in a word weak. Be nice to have some sap gloves to deliver 2x damage over a naked fist. I have however gotten some one hit kills with an M91 bayonet to the head (Pokerized) but normally it takes two, three and sometimes four stabs to the head with a bayonet to drop a zed.  

M91_Bayonet.png?version=2464fafb36d5448f

You start off with a weapon.  Its called your fist.

Get punching, its works for Steve, heavy weapons guy, Doom Guy, and Duke Nukem.  All you have to do is be a big enough badass.    

Edited by harley001

If I spawned with my multi tool... I could take the NWA alone.

Makarov PM with 1 magazine

That would increase KOS for sure. A fresh spawn wouldnt think twice before spraying a fully geared with their cute starter pistol.

We shouldnet need a starting weapon  as potential weapons should be everywere, hunk of drift wood? club, table leg, also club, broken glass shard and some cloth? hobo's first shiv,  metal spoon or fork and some time? Hobo shiv +1