JoeReaper

Starting weapon

Basically, starting off as a fresh spawn can be very painful. It's essentially a race to find something you can hit zombies with before one sees you. It can get annoying if I wander around for 5-10 minutes and don't find anything to swing, only for some zed to show up and kill me.

Obviously it wouldn't be anything crazy, just whatever the weakest weapon is. A kitchen knife, or maybe a stick. IRL it would take 30 sec to find and pick up a stick

Makarov PM with 1 magazine

• Like 1

Basically, starting off as a fresh spawn can be very painful. It's essentially a race to find something you can hit zombies with before one sees you. It can get annoying if I wander around for 5-10 minutes and don't find anything to swing, only for some zed to show up and kill me.

Obviously it wouldn't be anything crazy, just whatever the weakest weapon is. A kitchen knife, or maybe a stick. IRL it would take 30 sec to find and pick up a stick

IRL, you wouldn't wake up on a coast with nothing. IRL this game wouldn't exist most likely >_>

• Like 3

IRL people wouldn't shoot you on sight for no reason.

• Like 6

Im going to call bullshit here. You do not know what EVERYONE would do in a situation like this.

I think maybe a pocket knife or a bat, depending on where you spawn.

Edited by Morrow

IRL people wouldn't shoot you on sight for no reason.

I would.

I have an ammo can with a lot of Mosin rounds to use up.

What's even funnier is that I'm not joking.

But about which part?   :huh:  ;)

Edited by Mancomb

You DO start with a weapon..it's called your fists and they make short work of zombies.

Just put up yer dukes and circle to the right or left and beat its ass down, then rabbit punch it in the back of the head until it gets on it's feet and resume circling it. 

You won't even get hit ONCE by the zombie....you don't need a swiss army knife to start.....................

• Like 5

I would.

I have an ammo can with a lot of Mosin rounds to use up.

What's even funnier is that I'm not joking.

But about which part?   :huh:  ;)

What's even funnier is that IRL is not DayZ. You won't get away with always shooting 7 people in Berizino.

• Like 3

You DO start with a weapon..it's called your fists and they make short work of zombies.

Just put up yer dukes and circle to the right or left and beat its ass down, then rabbit punch it in the back of the head until it gets on it's feet and resume circling it. 

You won't even get hit ONCE by the zombie....you don't need a swiss army knife to start.....................

I agree 100 percent and then generally within a few hundred yards of your spawn point there will be: a fire extinguisher, a pipe wrench, a crowbar, a shovel or some other farm implement. Then you can apply the tried and true circle technique and dispatch zombies quite quickly if you score some head shots which is as you know quite easy to score on the mindless Zeds. But the big trick is if you are over matched against a Zed RUN and EVADE. 

But just think of how bold and brassy our 'starting weapon' needing little bo-peeps are! Should they get their starting weapon security blanket? Not only NO, but FUCK NO!

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 2

Spawn with a weapon?

I believe this is the game you are looking for.

call-of-duty-logoimage---call-of-duty1-l

• Like 7

Spawn with a weapon?

I believe this is the game you are looking for.

[big fat snip]

Was it entirely necessary to use a 2MB HD logo for that?

• Like 1

What's even funnier is that IRL is not DayZ. You won't get away with always shooting 7 people in Berizino.

Then I guess I'll have to settle for handcuffing them and force-feeding them rotten fruit and burnt meat, washed down by a nice big bottle of disinfectant,

Was it entirely necessary to use a 2MB HD logo for that?

Did you click on it? It's even better after clicking on it.

• Like 1

Makarov PM with 1 magazine

get lost
  • Like 2

Then I guess I'll have to settle for handcuffing them and force-feeding them rotten fruit and burnt meat, washed down by a nice big bottle of disinfectant,

That's very naughty if you are serious....

Edited by Xbow

Basically, starting off as a fresh spawn can be very painful. It's essentially a race to find something you can hit zombies with before one sees you. It can get annoying if I wander around for 5-10 minutes and don't

find anything to swing, only for some zed to show up and kill me.

Jon stop suggesting shit that makes the game easier, just becouse you're shit doesn't mean everyones shit and wants to get some fucking training wheels

in the game you have to look around to find a kitchen knife or a stick .. try for an axe

hey - be careful - you have to do this before the zombies eat you

it can be annoying, terrifying, fun, desperate, easy, long, quick, a disaster, incredible, hell, unique, unforgettable, a pain in the ass,  ... etc..

• Like 4

in the game you have to look around to find a kitchen knife or a stick .. try for an axe.  hey - be careful - you have to do this before the zombies eat you. it can be annoying, terrifying, fun, desperate, easy, long, quick, a disaster, incredible, hell, unique, unforgettable, a pain in the ass,  ... etc..

Which is of course as you have ascertained the beauty of the game. I got popped in the skull a good awhile back because i had my head up my ass when I decided to loot an isolated farm house. Someone benefited from the mountain of gear and ammo I had and I learned a valuable lesson..assume nothing. Getting myself back up to a fully equipped status took awhile and it was fun but I don't want to repeat it any time soon. I always try for an ax but a pick isn't bad and there is a certain pleasure in bashing a zombies skull in with a fire extinguisher. 

Your words are true so have some Beans.........    

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

does someone need help swinging their fists?

really, killing zombies is easy. they are under powered and their tracking will be bad until the navmesh is put in. i have taken out 6 zombies with my fists alone. just walk in circles, they really lack the navigation to catch you, and aim for the head.

Only time I ever died by the hands of a zombie was in the first hours of playing and an occasional desync moment in which a weapon would not have helped. So I don't understand why Z's are such a problem for some people. As said you can fight them with your fists or simply out run them. I would suggest you offer up some spawn lives to train yourself fighting and avoiding the zombies.

No starting weapons please. Fists are strong enough. Earn your power instead of getting it for free.

The absolute highest a freshspawn should get is being able to strike someone with his flashlight.

No starting weapons please. Fists are strong enough. Earn your power instead of getting it for free. The absolute highest a freshspawn should get is being able to strike someone with his flashlight.

Your Marklars are wise and true :thumbsup:

But I must admit that I have dreamed of finding a rare set of brass or spiked knuckles (that don't exist) in the back room of a police station that beef up fist attacks a good bit...I love beating Zeds to death. 

Edited by Xbow

It was done in the mod.

It was... not very good.

• Like 2

Spawn with a weapon? Are you sick? This is Dayz a Zombie-survival Game! AND it is not a game like COD or BF3!

It's my impression that you can't kill zombies with just your hands, only knock them down. And I'm not saying give them a gun, literally just a stick so that you can do more than just knock down zombies. So no, it wouldn't be anything like CoD, unless you've been playing some version set in the stone age?

A stick isn't much to ask for.