CANUCKinNZ

What Do You Want to See When you die?

I'm not talking about white lights, ghosts or deceased family members. Right now we get shot and we see "You Are Dead." No explanation, no kill cam no falling over. 

Once they get to introducing it to the game what would you prefer to be the death message or reaction.

Do we want a kill cam so we can see exactly where we got killed from. (It might stop some campers as we now would know their spot but what other problems could it introduce?) 

Do we want to see our body rag doll with blood spraying into the air from the various wounds we received.

Do we want to die and then have to option to stay in body to see if we get looted or not and by who?

How about a kill message. "You were shot in the head 1 time and the arm 1 time resulting in your death by bleeding out."

Do we want to know who killed us and maybe from what distance? 

If we die from an infection or cold how would you like it to look? 

Zombie's eat your brain? Do we want to watch every painful bite until we're infected and resurrected as the un-dead? (I see a good mod in this!)

Suicide by bullet if they ever introduce it? What would that look like? 

Any preferences or comments or other ideas from the community?

• Like 4

If you're dead you shouldn't be hearing or seeing anything whatsoever, it should be a black screen with "you are dead".

In most cases you shouldn't die immediately though. For example if you get shot by a sniper you should collapse and bleed out or something.

• Like 8

Do we want to see our body rag doll with blood spraying into the air from the various wounds we received.

How about a kill message. "You were shot in the head 1 time and the arm 1 time resulting in your death by bleeding out."

These ideas seem best if you ask me. No kill-cam and you shouldnt be able to see your body after you're dead.

• Like 5

I'd love to see a kill cam implemented like Call of Duty. But alas, all the uber-elite hardcorz would complain so I don't ever expect it to happen. :(

You Are Dead works fine for me.

No need, or desire, for frills.

Certainly no killcam, ever. Ever. Ever.

EVARRRR

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 10

If you're dead you shouldn't be hearing or seeing anything whatsoever, it should be a black screen with "you are dead".

In most cases you shouldn't die immediately though. For example if you get shot by a sniper you should collapse and bleed out or something.

Oh Gews. I think we all know how much you want this to be so real life that if you die once you uninstall never to play again but what do you think is a good death animation? Just leave it as you're walking along minding your own business and without a gunshot sound or anything you just get the You Are Dead Screen? I'm not being rude, I really want to know if you have an opinion on it? Do you like the idea of stats after you die? 

• Like 3

You Are Dead works fine for me.

No need, or desire, for frills.

Certainly no killcam, ever. Ever. Ever.

EVARRRR

Forever ever? ;)

I agree with no Kill-Cam: I feel the unknown aspect of how exactly you died is an important aspect of DayZ. Similarly, I feel it is important to remain anonymous - so no mentioning who killed you etc.

That said, some fun demographics/statistics about your survivor could be nice. You know the sort of thing... Time survived, zombies killed etc. etc.

And if it is death by zombie, a nice animation of zombies gnawing at your corpse possibly? Little touches like this would add a bit of 'polish' to the game, but are perhaps a step away from the hardcore-gritty-realism the game is loved (and loathed) for.

On the whole I feel a few of the UI choices could do with a touch-up but largely for aesthetic purposes, rather than to influence gameplay. And I understand that this should be way down the to-do list.

• Like 4

Here's what i want to see:

V

^

#saynotokillcams

What about as in some versions of the mod it would show all kills in words with distance and with what weapon. So how about "you are dead" with that underneath?

I'd love to see a kill cam implemented like Call of Duty. But alas, all the uber-elite hardcorz would complain so I don't ever expect it to happen. :(

And here ladies and gents is why this game is full of little kids, COD. If you want the COD killcam then go play COD.

• Like 4

Well at least I'd like a more elaborate death message not just some random text box

Otherwise,

The first one would be very nice

I like the second one but people are probably gonna whine on it so maybe not

Edited by Andrestor

As far as im concerned, it great the way it is now imho.

Do we want a kill cam so we can see exactly where we got killed from. (It might stop some campers as we now would know their spot but what other problems could it introduce?) 

Killcam doesnt belong in this game, it will be abused like a mofo by clans and groups.

Theres no reason to show us our own corpse "ragdolling" it after death. People will use it to pass on information, to others.

Do we want to die and then have to option to stay in body to see if we get looted or not and by who?

Once you are dead, you are dead. You should not be able to pass on ANY kind of information about your body, who is near it or what is happening. It will only be abused.

Kill message could be an option, but i would not like to see anything along the lines of: "You where shot by a mosin, from 600m, by Player X"

More Like "You heard a sharp crack and felt a pinch in your neck. It all went black after that.!"

If we die from an infection or cold how would you like it to look? 

Same as before, black screen with "You are dead", nothing else.

Zombie's eat your brain? Do we want to watch every painful bite until we're infected and resurrected as the un-dead? (I see a good mod in this!)

The zombies in this game arent undead.
Think infected humans like we see in 28 days/weeks later :)
So that is out of the question, as the player is immune to the virus and cannot turn.

Suicide by bullet if they ever introduce it? What would that look like? 

Same as now, you load a gun and put it up to your head, BOOOM, black screen.

Any preferences or comments or other ideas from the community?

Im not trying to piss all over your parade, but most of what you are suggestion opens up for a butload of metagaming and would give an unfair advantage to anyone playing in a group.

Theres no need for any of this stuff in DayZ tbh, we dont need to see who shot us, we dont need to see a killcam, we dont need to see who loots our body afterwards.

All these suggestions will not make it a better game, it will only give people in groups more tools to do metagaming, which is already bad enough tbh.

No thanks, this does not belong in DayZ

• Like 12

What Do You Want to See When you die?

Orlok's socks. Definitely Orlok's socks!

• Like 6

I'd like a kill cam and ragdoll falling over.

Especially for non lethal hits. Also realistic damage.

Say you got shot in the arms legs or stomach and don't die instantly. Rather you lie there as everything slowly grays out/reds out and blurs and can make out someone coming to loot your soon to be corpse. You can hear your self breathing heavily/ gurgling choking/crying etc.

At that point you can choose to either give up (die) and respawn or wait until the screen fades completely to black and then you get the You're dead screen

Time survived would be nice with a few stats, maybe a RIP with a gravestone and some blood or something.

NO TO KIDDIES KILL CAM

Edited by Naykon

I'd be interested to see some simple stats. No points or score, Just something like "how many (ingame) hours/days you survived in Chernaus. Perhaps how many zombies you killed and how many humans you killed. 

Edited by jd85