Joeyb16

Dayz Standalone - Textures all over the place

So I bought and installed Dayz Standalone today and I've been trying to play but the scenery either isnt loading and so showing up white or I have random floors that criss cross across my screen... I've set all of the graphics options to the lowest possible (or disabled) so that my computer doesn't have as much to process but this has had no effect.

Was just wondering if anyone had a solution/been in a similar situation?

I tried playing arma 2 on an old computer once and that's what it did exactly. Your hardware may be out of date. Specs?

Make sure your video memory is set to default.  Setting it to anything other than this can cause the mention issues.

And VSync should't be the issue.  All it does is make sure your FPS doesn't get higher the your screens refresh rate.

Edited by aimbot.eXe

Might be my laptop isn't up to standard - Intel Core i3 processor 330M (2.13 Ghz, 3MB L3 cache) - Intel HD Graphics 1275 MB DVMT and 3GB RAM

Might be my laptop isn't up to standard - Intel Core i3 processor 330M (2.13 Ghz, 3MB L3 cache) - Intel HD Graphics 1275 MB DVMT and 3GB RAM

That would be why.

• Like 1

Shame, and I can't really justify buying a new laptop just to play Dayz... Or can I?... =)

• Like 1

Shame, and I can't really justify buying a new laptop just to play Dayz... Or can I?... =)

build a gaming rig if your gonna justify anything. for £600-£700 english money you will get an "okay" laptop that will have a fairly meager life span, same amount of money spent on a home built or even pre built rig allows for upgrading over time and a much better value per pound than a laptop ever can, trust me, i bought a gaming laptop for dayz, and ended up selling it and using all the money to build my current system

Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start, do you have to keep spending over time to maintain it at a useable level?