falcon1439

Best size squad?

when i play with our clan we normaly have a 3-5 team. 

works quite nice. i think 5 persons is the max for a controlable firefight.

its also the max for staying low profile. more members a group has the higher the chance for a major fuckup. ( friendly fire ) 

Surprisingly I find this false, just the other night I was playing with 7 other guys under my command and we cleared berinzeno of campers with only one friendly fire. And that one friendly fire situation was because the scrub thought it'd be a good idea to walk into the building without saying he was coming in when he knew we had 2 AKM's watching the door.

We can be with 7, but I prefer 3-4, because people start talking through each other and there is a high chance of a LOT of mistakes, friendly fire, etc. if you play with more than 4.

But 5 is good too, we run with this setup, from front to back:

2x assault (AK, M4)

1x sniper (Mosin, LRS)

1x carrier (mountain backpack instead of hunting backpack, SKS)

1x carrier protector (AK)

And when we are with 4 just one assault less, when we are with 3 no carrier and no carrier protector.

Edited by EvilTigerAce

General consensus seem seems to be around 4, which reflects British army tactics as a fireteam is 4 guys. Bigger groups than that seem to still mostly use fireteam tactics, which is why it may fuck up for some people. 

Any size is good as long as you can manage the communication.

I know some folks who can't shut their traps and it really does not matter if you are just 2 or 8 in that case.

• Like 1

Over 4 then there needs to be clearly defined group hierarchy and command structure. Above all its about discipline and drilling within the team

• Like 2

Any size is good as long as you can manage the communication.

I know some folks who can't shut their traps and it really does not matter if you are just 2 or 8 in that case.

the chain is as strong as the weakest link

Over 4 then there needs to be clearly defined group hierarchy and command structure. Above all its about discipline and drilling within the team

Harsh truth.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

Ususlly 2-3 but I played once with 8 ther mates.

Was very different and we had to be much more concise while communicating...

I personally tend to see 3-4 as the ideal size. Mind you, we talk shit and enjoy ourselves while we do this, so it gets unruly if it's larger than 4. Having seen 8 of my friends rolling around in the mod none of us with any mic discipline it was watching a very small noisy and violent flashmob at work. Hilarious, but we got the crap shot out of us.

Guess it comes down to how social vs disciplined your playstyle is really.

• Like 1

I'm trying to build a community of 100+ lol

I'm trying to build a community of 100+ lol

Gonna camp NWAF?

i was mostly playing with 1 Buddy! we have been deleting whole Clans on the NWAF!

2 Players is just right! you can still be stealthy! 1 dude on overwatch Position. 1 dude wher the Action goes off!

Gonna camp NWAF?

I'd be lying if I said I were never gonna do that at any point in my life.

..care to join?  :D

it doesent matter how many guys you have in ur fireteam.

if u have ONE guy in ur squad, that doesnt know where north is ...

UR SCREWD ! 

3-6 imo

2 - easy to communicate, can work quite fine for the most of the time, but if you get ambushed and one of you gets immidiately killed - you're fucked

6+ is too much of a clusterfuck on TS/Vent, in combat you will have people talking  all the time, because they need to if you don't want to pop your teammates by accident.

@ Munson_fry

Meh, you just need to babysit them. It will work as long as they can shut up and follow orders. But it can get annoying:

- Where are you?

- What? You were behind me just a second ago!

- I don't see you.

-Look to your right...

You're other right!

-Ohh...

Edited by Alsmir

A 4 man team is good enough I n my eyes. You can most likely win any engagement unless you cant achieve fire superiority then you should break contact. More people Nd comms will go to shit. I usually loot with about 3 to 4 and then assist fresh spawns and d3fend ourselves against those dirty bandits

A 4 man team is good enough I n my eyes. You can most likely win any engagement unless you cant achieve fire superiority then you should break contact. More people Nd comms will go to shit. I usually loot with about 3 to 4 and then assist fresh spawns and d3fend ourselves against those dirty bandits

I see a pattern from this thread.

4 man squad > 4 man+ squad of undisciplined players.

Basically larger group needs militarish discipline to be effective and not everyone is ok with that when he plays game.

• Like 2

I see a pattern from this thread.

4 man squad > 4 man+ squad of undisciplined players.

Basically larger group needs militarish discipline to be effective and not everyone is ok with that when he plays game.

Definitely. It takes a lot of concentration to keep track of 6+ other players, you also have to get your team to use correct, concise contact calls, speaking in third person more commonly ie "capo is entering the atc", and in general concentrating on what other people are saying, and making sure they answer when a relevant question is being asked. 

Your own example is fucking 100% perfect of the kind of shit that goes on when people aren't completely in the zone. 

"Who is running with mosin and  green helmet to the red brick buidling?!" "Guys, any of you is running to the red brick building?!"

*shoots*

"Oh fuck man I was running to the red brick building, you killed me wtf"

:facepalm:

Y'all make it seem like this is so hard or something but I was a commander in the game gw2 and I took literally command over 300 guys and girls sometimes on 4 different maps simultanously and we managed to defend and or plan attacks on 4 fronts at the same time if need be. I had tons of help but it was managable. 6 are a cakewalk tbh :O

Just me and my 11yr old son. He's always on the AKM while Im always the Mosin and LRS. We mostly die from bugs and glitches and mysterious 'you are dead' screens. 

On a 40 Player Server your squad should have 40 Members to be on the sure side that you wont get kosed.

My clan usually rolls 4-8 deep. We came from the Battlefield series and brought our mic discipline and chain of command mindset with us when to DayZ, so it works out pretty well. We get some cross talk and side chatter going on, but when something's going down, everyone shuts up and listens to what's being said.

Typically we have a setup something like this (for our 8 man teams):

1-2 Mosins: Set up in in different overwatch positions they give us better angles and more awareness of our area. They're in sight and effective range of each other so they can cover each other as well.

1 SKS + PU: He usually hangs back mid way between our staging point and wherever it is that we're assaulting and acts as a rear guard and extra fire support if necessary.

2-4 AKM/M4: These guys are our breaching team. They're usually in their own channel in TS during an assault, with the team leader being on whisper lists with the support squad. It helps to keep comm chatter down when things get heated. We still use M4A1s as far as I'm aware due to their red dot sights.

1 Medic: This is our guy who stays back with the SKS man and waits to see if anyone gets hurt beyond what can be fixed with rags, basically. He carries saline bags, blood bags from universal donors, lots of rags, morphine, epinephrine, splints, etc. He usually carries an M4/AKM.

Just me and my 11yr old son. He's always on the AKM while Im always the Mosin and LRS. We mostly die from bugs and glitches and mysterious 'you are dead' screens. 

I want to have a family (eventually) where I can build PC's and play games with my son / daughter :p

I want to have a family (eventually) where I can build PC's and play games with my son / daughter :p

Was thinking about buying my 11 year old son a gaming pc

He's proberly better than me now(I rememeber beating him 9-0 nil on fifa) they were the days lol.. He now beats me :)

Or 1v1 on cod and killing him everytime ( he now kills me Everytime)

Karma haha :)

Best size squad? That depends on how many rounds I have in my Mosin. One or two per head should do the trick ;)

• Like 1

My experience with bigger squads usually led to mass death, they're difficult to manage if there is even one guy with bad comm discipline. A two man team with trust and skill can do amazing things in this game, just like real life. Though, I'd love to roll with a proper disciplined squad if the opportunity arises. In my mod days we had a group of about 6 guys usually, with mixed results. The hacks were much worse then, and it would be pretty common place to get nuked, thunderdomed or possessed. The hackers seem to have been drawn to the larger groups.