Goove

Really? Still this bad?!

So i decided to play today for the first time in about 2 months and while the game seems to be running alot more smoothly..the clan im with decided we would cancel our number one ranked server in the world....

Now i remember why we did....First person i encountered was a hacker who was shooting me while he was invis and floating in the air...His muzzle gas was right behind my back point blank range....

You give the admins nothing to combat hackers with...and still hacks seem to be out of control still....They still have never ending M4  mags/?  How the fuck?  Ive seen a deer and ive searched for apples, i saw the new crouched over running zeds and thats cool

Fix the damn hacking so this game can actually be played is all id like

Happy Hunting!

• Like 1

Don't let it get you down hackers are what they are, bottom feeding scum. But you know I thought they had the bottomless magazine hack corrected. You have to wonder about the mentality of the hackers, I mean what do they think they have accomplished? Hang in there :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

Wow. You play for a few hours, encounter one hacker then go "Fuck this, I'm out".

NO! That is not how it is done. What you do is you talk about all the good shit, all the stuff you liked and reminisce about it then you remark in an off handed fashion that there was a hacker. That was one guy, I'm guessing you immediately logged off and swore off the game for a few more months rather than changing server and trying again. Hackers are a minority, I haven't seen one in my 200+hrs of play but others have. Don't let a few bad apples ruin your experience.

Tell us. What do you think of the current state of the game besides your encounter. 

• Like 7

Hackers gonna hack. But the no-hacking players just should keep playing and not let these poor boyos to win. Keep playing the game. Also, from my view, it's nice that the game and it's glitches are no longer the number 1 worst threat to die for!

And this is why I run my server on a private hive, I have combated mostly all hackers that appear on the server with a lovely battleye ban and inventory wipe/ teleport to the sea.

I have played 500 hours on a lot of different servers. Never ONCE have i encountered a hacker.

You guys sure this ain`t just desync or lag?

Edited by SteenRNS
  • Like 2

I've literally never ran into a hacker of all my 250+ hours played. 

• Like 1

He wasn't hacking, it was just desync and your computer lag. Don't confuse anyway killing you as a hacker.

I follow all the big Hacking groups. So far (i've not checked since Friday) no hacks have been released for .46 - so I've been enjoying the hack free servers. Blisssss.

Edited by foxdie_01

I've literally never ran into a hacker of all my 250+ hours played.

this.

At least not face to face. I have been a victim of the inventory hackers last patch. It never have I actually ran into one(also with 250+ hours)

And this is why I run my server on a private hive, I have combated mostly all hackers that appear on the server with a lovely battleye ban and inventory wipe/ teleport to the sea.

How exactly do you have a private hive?

• Like 7

Hacking is worse now than it ever was in SA.

When I sit in the middle of a forest far in the north west, not making any noise and suddenly naked guy comes from nowhere and starts punching, then another fully geared guy appears from thin air right in front of me and my weapon refuses to fire, it is just a desync? Just a coincidence? Yeah right.

EDIT: it wasn't just one encounter, I was killed by suspected hackers last 3 or 4 times during the last week. Never met a hacker before and I've been playing pretty much every day since day 1. So it seems to be a new thing.

Edited by coalminer

I've played just over 600 hours.

In that time, i've only met a couple of these script-kiddies.

Just play the game, if you encounter them just change server.

Wasn't the client/server architecture of the SA supposed to prevent hacking?

Yeah scripting is no longer possible as you can only run scripts on the server now. But still data is passed from the server to the client to display on your screen. This can be intercepted and interpreted to the screen (probably through memory patches) these can be used to create frameworks the overlay data on the players screen (radars) and even trigger mouse movements on your behalf (aimbots). The more advanced hacks can even send modified data back to the server. Afterall you still tell the server where you are and when you're firing etc, how does the server know if its you making those requests or some clever automation (wall hacks, transporting etc).

The data passed between server > client > server is encrypted. But anything can be reversed engineered and it probably doesn;t help that Bohemia had the unpackage game files stolen not so long ago.

EDIT. I cant explain the whole forcing other players to put their weapons away though. Im guessing there's some squad commands remaining from arma they not taken out yet.

Edited by foxdie_01

Terminal Boy, on 07 Jul 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

Wasn't the client/server architecture of the SA supposed to prevent hacking?

wasnt SA supposed to be a better then the mod ???

How exactly do you have a private hive?

A lot of patience and a lot of coding/guessing the edited arma 2 protocol. The actual hive part was easy, dedicated server not so. But runs way better than I expected.

Edited by Xelpherpolis

Dont act like im not a veteran of this game and have less than 250 hours.... The server my clan used to run was number 1 in the world for over 2 months at one point...we had tons of hackers and just this month let the payment slip in sole reason to the devs not giving server admins anything to protect the integrity of the server. 

My point was this, i took a long break from this game on account of it being seriously broken and boring due to no content.....My view on the game is fix the base of your shit instead of giving us a crossbow and other worthless addons that will just get lost in the sauce due the shoddy foundation of this game.

My point was how come withing the first 2 hours after taking a month or so off that i would run into an invis hacker...half way up a ladder who is floating right behind me with an infinite m4 clip.....

My point was they added deer, apple picking, and a new zed since i last logged.....yet there is still obviously hacking...

All of you pony boys claiming youve never seen a hacker i doubt play in 3rd person let alone ever leave the woods and or hiding spot.....The hacking got out of control once Rocket and his teams devs got hacked....possible source code problem?!  Hackers have it?!!!

This is the game i want to play...this is the map i want to play....but the hacking is **Still Out of Control**

I can tell half of you seem to have damage control responses to this thread...i wrote this thread to give my example...there is no need to remember or type about what this game used to be...the need to is to type what this game has become!!

Private hive comments??!! Really, you are bad at this troll/damage control....  This game is still insanely broken.....these dudes are making money and do nothing.....Yet I play a game that is just a mod and the devs have a help desk..look into cheaters on the spot..and hacking...and scripting....these is no TS help desk for this game...there is no way of real time reporting of hackers...

The point of this post was to show everyone why DayZ SA lost one of their most popular servers......

Best of luck and happy hunting!!

I will continue to play a little bit of this game when i get tired of ArmA3 and breaking point......but please understand i am not some damn nub who just started playing this game...i have many of more hours than most of these so called **no hackers spotted** players...

-snip-

My point was they added deer, apple picking, and a new zed since i last logged.....yet there is still obviously hacking...

There will almost ALWAYS be hacking, all they can do for now is reduce their capability to hack until they get server hardware/software good. Then i'm sure they'll add an admin tool, though 60% of the servers will abuse it as many do now kicking when you log in.

All of you pony boys claiming youve never seen a hacker i doubt play in 3rd person let alone ever leave the woods and or hiding spot.....The hacking got out of control once Rocket and his teams devs got hacked....possible source code problem?!  Hackers have it?!!!

My Normal Character is currently in Berezino, my hardcore character is currently in Elektro. The only time in my 250+ hours that I'm in the forests is running from place to place, or scoping out a place I just ran to. 

This is the game i want to play...this is the map i want to play....but the hacking is **Still Out of Control**

Again, I've never seen a hacker, nor have the 7 of my friends i sporadically play with.

-snip-

Private hive comments??!! Really, you are bad at this troll/damage control....  This game is still insanely broken.....these dudes are making money and do nothing.....Yet I play a game that is just a mod and the devs have a help desk..look into cheaters on the spot..and hacking...and scripting....these is no TS help desk for this game...there is no way of real time reporting of hackers...

Yes the game is broken. It's an ALPHA, they get paid a steady salary so it's BI who makes all the money. They are doing things. They're adding content, upgrading the servers to 64bit, fiddling with zombies, loot spawns, map errors, they've recently added a 2nd anti cheat thingy doodad for punishing those who get caught.

The point of this post was to show everyone why DayZ SA lost one of their most popular servers......

Friend. Your server is meaningless in the sea of 3000+ servers. The playerbase from your old server will just migrate to different servers as if nothing ever happened so that's a pretty weak point to be making.

Best of luck and happy hunting!!

I will continue to play a little bit of this game when i get tired of ArmA3 and breaking point......but please understand i am not some damn nub who just started playing this game...i have many of more hours than most of these so called **no hackers spotted** players...

I think you just need a cup of chai Tea and a change of servers if you find a hacker. If you get so mad at dying then you might want to just leave for a few more months and come back another time.

Hackers/Cheaters will always be a part of any online game, one week they will put in a patch that halts/fixes several of the big hacks, and the next week they will be back, because from my understanding all it takes is slight modifications to the program to bypass the Hack filter.

All we can truly hope for is that they stem the flow of hacks so you see far far less than what your seeing now.

I think you just need a cup of chai Tea and a change of servers if you find a hacker. If you get so mad at dying then you might want to just leave for a few more months and come back another time.

Obviously you are so quick to pull your damage control and claim your lack of spotting a hacker...I stream everytime i play..i  have plenty of video of me killing a scripting kiddie loser and taking his unlimited mag, being undressed by an invis person.....If you think i am actually upset that i died on a game blanketed in hacking you are so sadly mistaken...my theory is ive gotten my money worth on this game before it got out of control 3 months ago....Yes hacking and scripting is in a game..but they gave up their code to these weirdos..they will never have a jump on these guys....

Its not about the death..its about the way of the death...Its a game at the end of the day and none of this stuff matters....However when hacking has been rampant in the past 3 months and nothing can be done about it...is a sign...you claim they will give admins the right to protect the servers...i say source please?!  They have no intentions of allowing server admins any type of protection...if youve been an admin on this game you would see what shitty support you actually have...

So i will wait for you to get your soliders in order and come back with some pathetic excuse for this game...Weather it be Alpha..Hackers gonna hack...and how you and your  whole family have never seen a hacker ever...Please remove the penis from your mouth...Rocket will never give you his seed....

\Its a game, a broken game...all this wasted content when shit is still shoddy...so yes dev team continue to add your awesome new content so it can be lost in the mud of the shoddy world it is put into..

They are loosing players as fast as they are getting them...

Thanks for checking this Thread Topic Out

Happy Hunting!!

Obviously you are so quick to pull your damage control and claim your lack of spotting a hacker...I stream everytime i play..i  have plenty of video of me killing a scripting kiddie loser and taking his unlimited mag, being undressed by an invis person.....If you think i am actually upset that i died on a game blanketed in hacking you are so sadly mistaken...my theory is ive gotten my money worth on this game before it got out of control 3 months ago....Yes hacking and scripting is in a game..but they gave up their code to these weirdos..they will never have a jump on these guys....

It's not damage control. It's the perspective of me and my friends. You're just shouting your perspective and then putting people down for saying their perspective.

Its not about the death..its about the way of the death...Its a game at the end of the day and none of this stuff matters....However when hacking has been rampant in the past 3 months and nothing can be done about it...is a sign...you claim they will give admins the right to protect the servers...i say source please?!  They have no intentions of allowing server admins any type of protection...if you've been an admin on this game you would see what shitty support you actually have...

I have no source, but I can tell you that if people are making servers specifically for their clan and kicking people who aren't in their clan as soon as they join, I'm sure they will be implementing basic things like kick/ban at least. For now they don't want to give admins the ability to teleport to people and spawn/despawn things and all that jazz because they're easy to use for bad, either by a retarded admin or a script manipulator.

So i will wait for you to get your soliders in order and come back with some pathetic excuse for this game...Weather it be Alpha..Hackers gonna hack...and how you and your  whole family have never seen a hacker ever...Please remove the penis from your mouth...Rocket will never give you his seed....

I have no excuse for this game except that it's an alpha, and you should keep that in mind as you were warned countless times before release by Dean, and the login screen tells you it's an early access and shit will be buggy. I don't appreciate your pathetic attempt at provoking me into a worthless confrontation. 

\Its a game, a broken game...all this wasted content when shit is still shoddy...so yes dev team continue to add your awesome new content so it can be lost in the mud of the shoddy world it is put into..

They are loosing players as fast as they are getting them...

Yes. I'd imagine that to be the case. People get too impatient with what is an early access game, take their balls and gone home. It matters not as they've already thrown £20 or $30 or what ever Euros at their steam account for the game.

Thanks for checking this Thread Topic Out

Happy Hunting!!

Edited by sabre05