Sign in to follow this  
Rhaptic

Fishing line or a String to Choak out people with

Hi, I know it sounds quite silly, But it could be quite a fun feature to use in the game.

This item can be used to strangle Enemies from behind

The Item can only be found in Warehouses and so Near the Ocean giving fresh-spawns a starter for a weapon, giving them a bit more of a chance against geared players.

You can only strangle from behind, If done there will be a strangle animation for both players, depending on first person or third person you having a fishing line around the enemys neck, And for their animation they are trying to break the string, However, If you have a MP5-K or any Pistol in your Item bar at the time, you can pull it out and shoot the attacker. The use of that will increase having a secondary weapon as most players stick to one weapon

The time to choak the enemy out will be 15 - 30 seconds and have a 75% success rate depening on if the victim is armed with a pistol/mp5 or not

I know it sounds kinda dumb and useless, But IMO it would be quite fun running around strangling snipers camping in tresss

Edited by Rhaptic
  • Like 1

I'd rather the animation to "struggle out" if you have a gun is to use it to shoot your attacker.

I'd rather the animation to "struggle out" if you have a gun is to use it to shoot your attacker.

That's a nice idea, Added

Most fishing line would snap (the higher test lines would survive however).  Rope and two sticks would make a garrote as well (and it's already in the game).  I don't really think that COD style 'press R3 for instant kill' fits in with DayZ, and I can't see anyway to make a strangle weapon being anything else with the current system.