Nesuma (DayZ)

Healing too fast?

Hey guys,

I just found my first animal and remembered the hunting back in the mod, and especially the reason for it. Back then, if you played alone meat was the only decent way to regenerate health. (A steak gave 800 blood while the maximum was 12000. Beans only gave 200) But now in the SA I don't see a reason for hunting at all, I know, the amount of spawning food will decrease and we will get more zombies, but after all, it just takes you a bit less than 84 minutes to regenerate your complete health. Food is everywhere, water isn't even really needed to regenerate. Even diseases from water wont change that much. Right now you don't even use more food while running.
This is ridiculous. And I worry about what the team wants to do against this problem, in my opinion there are these possibilities:

1. This is the most obvious solution, reduce the amount of food and drinks you can find in a town. There should be enough to keep you alive, but never give you the "energized" or "hydrated" status. (Unless you use a waterpump with purificated water). This results in another problem, if you play in a group you cant keep 2,3 or even more people alive. And if they dont add a spawn system which depends on the amount of players in the area (I wouldn't like this), you couldn't survive in a group due to too few food.

1.1 First solution for the new problem: Spawn enough food to keep a group of around 4 people well fed (maybe the dark energized). This way you could still play as a group. But it would result in too much food for lone wolfs, and small groups.

1.2 Second solution: Spawn a player depended amount of loot.

2. Seperate blood and health even more, I'd recommend to bring back the old system somehow. The first step would be to decrease the amount natural regeneration (right now it is 1 of 5000 health per second) Maybe change it to 0.5, 0.3, 0.1.
And then make the food give you short boosts in regeneration. A can of beans gives you 80 seconds of +1 on top of your natural regeneration, a steak givs you 80 seconds of +2, or 160 seconds +1. Something like this to recreate the need of hunting.

I'd prefer number 2.
I hope you understood my intention and I'd like to see some feedback :)

Edited by Nesuma

From what I understand from your post, you want to see a change in the health generation config and/or make food in general more scarce. 

I agree that it's way, way too easy to get healthy and well-fed, but I think the majority of loot-tables, configurations of regeneration, the overall health-system etc. is not even being looked at yet to get the numbers right. I think it might even be made this easy on purpose, so people stay alive and test the game.

I'm not sure if this has ever been officially confirmed though. But I agree that the final product should have a very different system, I think we just have to be patient for a bit. Maybe someone can confirm/disprove this?

I think at the end finished goods will become rare and people will be forced to hunt, rob or trade to supplement that.

Regen is a tad too fast now, but it is hard to judge anything since most of the mechanics are not polished or even finished.

wasn't t written somewhere that it's easy to survive and feed, for now, so that we can stay alive and test the alpha? then later things will be toned down and made more scarce making survival, regeneration and feeding take a lot more effort...

Yes you guys are right, I know it's alpha but I take this as my contribute to the development. (talking about things and how I would solve them)

Be not afraid, they will tweak all those things when the time is right, it's too early to add harsh fight for survival. 

Healing is so fast that using bloodbags is pointless.

• Like 1

IKR, I don't even bother with them or saline bags anymore. Bandages/rags and a splint/morphine when full healthy/hydrated/energized and I go from grey to color after being shot w/ a Mosin in minutes. 

wasn't t written somewhere that it's easy to survive and feed, for now, so that we can stay alive and test the alpha? then later things will be toned down and made more scarce making survival, regeneration and feeding take a lot more effort...

5159286+_79cfe2c3c101fb2b59cc861974052c9

Does anybody uses bloodbags when there are different bloodtypes?

Or do you mean carrying your own blood in case you get shot and you have buddy to give you transfusion of your own blood?

For that we have saline bags anyway and since anybody can receive them, I feel nobody bothers with filling bloodbags anymore.

Does anybody uses bloodbags when there are different bloodtypes?

Or do you mean carrying your own blood in case you get shot and you have buddy to give you transfusion of your own blood?

For that we have saline bags anyway and since anybody can receive them, I feel nobody bothers with filling bloodbags anymore.

Carrying your own blood type bloodbag.

Carrying your own blood type bloodbag.

Did that once or twice...but since we have saline bags I no longer do.

Hmm maybe if saline bags were a lot more rare..?

Did that once or twice...but since we have saline bags I no longer do.

Hmm maybe if saline bags were a lot more rare..?

This and maybe if you could take more than 1/5 of your maximum blood into a bloodbag. Along with less regeneration it would be a step in the right direction one day :)

• Like 1