abbonix

Improve weapons realism

Weapons realism

dayz-standalone-august-devblog-screen-8.

I suggest my idea of improving gameplay and realism

Here you can see a comparing of М4А1 and АKM:

|М4А1:                                    АКМ:

1.Ga.                               |5,56x45 mm                             7,62х39 mm

2.Ammun.supply           |(CMAG;STANAG)                      Mags for 30 and "cylinders" for 75 rounds

3.Rate                             |High                                          High

4.Noise                           |Medium                                    Small

5.Recoil                           |Small-Medium                          Medium

6.Knockdown ability       |High                                          High

As you can see,АКМ is better then M4A1 in ga. and noise.

But,M4A1 will manifest itself when firing up to 150 meters,because it has less recoil.

By the way,AKM`s sighting range is 400 meters,while M4A1`s is 150-160.

But it`s not so important.

7.62 will pierce body armor, when 5,56 will bounce towards.

It makes an imbalance,so we should change unrealistic differences.

Every weapon should has it realistic characteristics.Another way,for what i would hold AKM in my inventory,if M4A1 will show itself better in another shootout?

Also,i don`t want to create a lot of topics.And i`m asking the developers for making an indicator of firing mode(by default,you can change it,by pressing "T").Because you have to shoot in air,to see if it had changed.

Edited by abbonix

|М4А1:                                    АКМ:

1.Ga.                               |5,56x45 mm                             7,62х39 mm
2.Ammun.supply           |(CMAG;STANAG)                      Mags for 30 and "cylinders" for 75 rounds
3.Rate                             |High                                          High
4.Noise                           |Medium                                    \High
5.Recoil                           |Small-Medium                          Can't hit biggest side of a barn
6.Knockdown ability       |Medium                                       High

Fixed

• Like 4

How about, we make the weapons equally accurate. Then you give the M4A1 Low-Medium Recoil, Medium Damage, High Rate of Fire. Give the AKM High Recoil, High Damage, Low Rate of Fire. Then you have 2 top tier rifles where you have to think about what would best suit you. Each gun will then have it's own pros and cons.

Edited by SFRGaming

Why should these guns be on part, or balanced again? This isn't counterstrike.

• Like 3

Why should these guns be on part, or balanced again? This isn't counterstrike.

If referring to my post, there is no balance implied. They will relate to real life attributes. The AK has more recoil than a M4A1. AK does more damage (knockdown power). Ak has a slower rate of fire than a M4A1. Take a look at the Pros and Cons list:

M4A1: Low-Medium Recoil (Pro), Medium Damage (Con), High Rate of Fire (Pro)

AKM: High Recoil (Con), High Damage (Pro), Low Rate of Fire (Con)

It should look like this IMO:

M4A1:

Weapon: RARE

Magazines: RARE

Ammunition: RARE

Optics: COMMON - MAY OFTEN SPAWN ON WEAPON

-range

-accuracy

-recoil

AKM:

Weapon: COMMON

Magazines: COMMON

Ammunition: COMMON

Optics: RARE

-reliability

-barrier penetration

AKM and its magazines should be common by comparison to M4A1 and its magazines.

• Like 1

Before they do anything else on weapons I'd like to see the range increased on the m4... it's ridiculous that I can't injure a kitten past 100 meters with a weapon that is accurate (irl) to 500 m with iron sights and lethal well beyond that.

• Like 1

Before they do anything else on weapons I'd like to see the range increased on the m4... it's ridiculous that I can't injure a kitten past 100 meters with a weapon that is accurate (irl) to 500 m with iron sights and lethal well beyond that.

They should also remove the bullet spread as no weapon does this (except air rifles and such) and instead add recoil sway, that way the bullets spray the same but can be reduced by the player getting more used to the weapon, such as in arma 2 mod dayz, It would also bring back the ability to estimate bullet drop from distances, because now if you are aiming perfectly still with the right upward adjust for the bullet drop, you will miss because of the random spreading, at least with the m4, Akm does not have this problem with a pristine stock.

They should also remove the bullet spread as no weapon does this (except air rifles and such) 

That is not true. Bullets do disperse over a range, although the game over-exaggerates it. 

"Every weapon should has it realistic characteristics"-I sad it.

I didn`t say:"Make them super-duper".

I need to have an akm for longer distances,and work in group with my friend sniper...

Or we will rush,so we should have m4a1,or some shotguns

I need to have an akm for longer distances,and work in group with my friend sniper...

To be fair, the M4A1 has 100m more of effective range than the AKM, as well as a lighter / faster round more viable for long range encounters.

To be fair, the M4A1 has 100m more of effective range than the AKM, as well as a lighter / faster round more viable for long range encounters.

REAL CHAR.

Blank range of AKM:                                  Effective range of m4a1 is:

single target - 500 m,                                                                     

on group goals - 600 m

figure on the chest - 350 m,

on a running figure - 525 m

Focused fire is at a distance of:

ground targets - up to 800 m,

air targets - up to 500 m

REAL CHAR.

That's just Soviet figures, you can't compare with M4 because Soviets never rated M4, compare the AK74 and AKM instead.

AKM

350m chest

525m running figure

AK74

440m chest

625m running figure

Why does AK74 have longer effective range? What is the difference between these two weapons? Answer, AK74 shoots bullets at higher velocity (900 m/s vs 715 m/s). M4 Carbine is 884-905 m/s. AKM is clearly shorter range than M4.

Trajectory of AKM, cm above/below line of sight:

100m = +25 cm

200m = +30 cm

300m = ZERO

400m = -77 cm

500m = -218 cm

Trajectory of M4, cm above/below line of sight:

100m = +13 cm

200m = +17 cm

300m = ZERO

400m = -45 cm

500m = -127 cm

Also I will compare AK74, as you can see - very similar to M4 Carbine!

Trajectory of AK74, cm above/below line of sight:

100m = +13 cm

200m = +16 cm

300m = ZERO

400m = -43 cm

500m = -120 cm

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Just for the sake of argument, the guns can be realistic while not being perfectly accurate clones of their real world counterpart, the devs are free to adjust weapon parameters right? just because it doesn't behave as the real thing doesn't necessary make it unrealistic. Hell, they could make the M4 the worst piece of shit ever, i mean it's just a 3D model with ballistic specs attached to it.

I would be all for this even if it only stops a single person from diving into wikipedia for weapon specifications.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Just for the sake of argument, the guns can be realistic while not being perfectly accurate clones of their real world counterpart, the devs are free to adjust weapon parameters right? just because it doesn't behave as the real thing doesn't necessary make it unrealistic. Hell, they could make the M4 the worst piece of shit ever, i mean it's just a 3D model with ballistic specs attached to it.

I would be all for this even if it only stops a single person from diving into wikipedia for weapon specifications.

My suggestion for them is make the weapons to replicate their IRL version down to the fine print. What's the use of specific model weapons if they have non-specific specs? Games that do that usually would list the gun as "Carbine" or some other custom name that doesn't depict the specific model. 

And when it comes to DayZ, you want to make sure every shot counts and use a weapon that does what you need it to do. Giving the M4A1 a stupid dispersion rating (while it was almost necessary at the moment since it was the only Full-Auto rifle) is a very arcade-like move.

My suggestion for them is make the weapons to replicate their IRL version down to the fine print. What's the use of specific model weapons if they have non-specific specs? Games that do that usually would list the gun as "Carbine" or some other custom name that doesn't depict the specific model. 

And when it comes to DayZ, you want to make sure every shot counts and use a weapon that does what you need it to do. Giving the M4A1 a stupid dispersion rating (while it was almost necessary at the moment since it was the only Full-Auto rifle) is a very arcade-like move.

Not having to design new guns from scratch? It's not that easy to come up with a gun that looks good and also look functional.

Not having to design new guns from scratch? It's not that easy to come up with a gun that looks good and also look functional.

What? I wasn't suggesting they remodel the weapons. They have very good, high-detail models as of now.

I was stating that they should replicate their IRL performance via the stats.

Everything from travel time, to knock-down power, to dispersion. If a M4A1 can accurately put rounds into a target at 300m IRL, then it should be able to in-game.

Edited by SFRGaming

What? I wasn't suggesting they remodel the weapons. They have very good, high-detail models as of now.

I was stating that they should replicate their IRL performance via the stats.

Everything from travel time, to knock-down power, to dispersion. If a M4A1 can accurately put rounds into a target at 300m IRL, then it should be able to in-game.

And hence why i ask, why should the guns have the same specifications as their real world counterpart, what if they want to adjust muzzle velocity to make things more interesting for example? It doesn't make the gun less realistic, it would be like altering the propellant.

And it would end any spreadsheet debates :)

And hence why i ask, why should the guns have the same specifications as their real world counterpart, what if they want to adjust muzzle velocity to make things more interesting for example? It doesn't make the gun less realistic, it would be like altering the propellant.

That should be in a form of different ammunition types. In all honesty, ammunition type should be the biggest factor that determines things such as accuracy, recoil, velocity, etc. And the we should have attachments to enhance and counter-act the different ways the ammunition affects the weapon. Having ammunition packing a larger grain, and increasing accuracy, you might want to grab a foregrip to help counter-act the increased recoil the larger grain would introduce. Maybe even a longer barrel to compliment the increased accuracy. 

My guess at why the M4A1 has such terrible dispersion is to not introduce a super OP weapon at the start of the game, and they haven't gone back to correct it since they have had bigger fish to fry. Now with the AKM in, I can see them giving the M4A1 it's respectable stats that it needs.

One thing i wish they will ultimately (notice I said ultimately and not immediately) change is having attachments such as buttstocks, forearms (not foregrips), and bipods affect the weapons initial accuracy. The only thing the buttstock and forearm should affect is ergonomics, and recoil control. Bipod should just eliminate (or reduce to a very minute level) weapon sway in prone. Ammunition should be the leading factor in weapon accuracy. A barrel should have a decent influence as well.

Edited by SFRGaming

You know, I'd be happy for now, if they'd just make the silencer attachments work. 

• Like 3

You know, I'd be happy for now, if they'd just make the silencer attachments work. 

Well, the suppressor increases the accuracy which is always a plus. They don't need to work exactly like their real-world counterparts. ;)

so,they should make knife more effective,then granade :D

If it`ll be funny for you

look how bad BIS transposed it in arma3 - please do not here too ^ ^

Weapons realism

dayz-standalone-august-devblog-screen-8.

I suggest my idea of improving gameplay and realism

Here you can see a comparing of М4А1 and АKM:

|М4А1:                                    АКМ:

1.Ga.                               |5,56x45 mm                             7,62х39 mm

2.Ammun.supply           |(CMAG;STANAG)                      Mags for 30 and "cylinders" for 75 rounds

3.Rate                             |High                                          High

4.Noise                           |Medium                                    Small

5.Recoil                           |Small-Medium                          Medium

6.Knockdown ability       |High                                          High

As you can see,АКМ is better then M4A1 in ga. and noise.

But,M4A1 will manifest itself when firing up to 150 meters,because it has less recoil.

By the way,AKM`s sighting range is 400 meters,while M4A1`s is 150-160.

But it`s not so important.

7.62 will pierce body armor, when 5,56 will bounce towards.

It makes an imbalance,so we should change unrealistic differences.

Every weapon should has it realistic characteristics.Another way,for what i would hold AKM in my inventory,if M4A1 will show itself better in another shootout?

Also,i don`t want to create a lot of topics.And i`m asking the developers for making an indicator of firing mode(by default,you can change it,by pressing "T").Because you have to shoot in air,to see if it had changed.

Discounting above post because you simply don't know what you're talking about.