alek-say

Manual operating of the charging handle.

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this action in DayZ SA?

• Yes.
    • No (explain, please).

Hello, dear survivors! 

I'd like to present you mine humble thought about "manual operationg of the charging handle" in the game. And I'll just make it throught some little examples:

1. You shot all 30 rounds (AKM, for example. Or M4A1, it's up to you), than you push "R" (if you are still alive) and change the magazine. Than, you push, for example, Left CTRL and the player move charging handle (bolt) back (in Mossin, also) - you've reloaded your rifle.

2. Your weapon has jammed - push Left CTRL and continue to fight for your rights. 

3. You just have nothing to do, but moving your bolt back and forward. Yeah, boring times need new ways to relax. 

That's all, folks! 

Edited by AntichniPovar
  • Like 1

Complicating an already pretty dam complicated game is not going to work... espically in ALPHA.

This is supposed to be a survival simulator, not a sniping simulator.

• Like 1

Complicating an already pretty dam complicated game is not going to work... espically in ALPHA.

This is supposed to be a survival simulator, not a sniping simulator.

Well, nobody asks you to snipe. Also, it's not a kitchen simulator, it's not a fishing simulator, it's not.... 

Edited by AntichniPovar

My point exactly. If they focus that hard on any piece the game wont feel balanced. Plus, can you imagne the time it would take to make all the guns have special actions like that? Not to mention the mechanics that would go into the ammo and condition of the gun.

There are much bigger fish to fry right now my friend, i wouldnt be expecting this anytime soon.

• Like 1

My point exactly. If they focus that hard on any piece the game wont feel balanced. Plus, can you imagne the time it would take to make all the guns have special actions like that? Not to mention the mechanics that would go into the ammo and condition of the gun.

There are much bigger fish to fry right now my friend, i wouldnt be expecting this anytime soon.

Well, the best variant is to create invisible weapons - no need to model them! It's simple! 

I don't even said about the ability to use safety mode. But it's very... It's needless to discuss. 

I'm defnitely down for weapon jamming though. Some of these weapons really need to be damaged or worn. All I've seen is prestine. But instead of unjamming that way, why not just press the R key and he will do an unjamming animation, obviously you can move, and its fixed? Much simpler.

• Like 1

I'm defnitely down for weapon jamming though. Some of these weapons really need to be damaged or worn. All I've seen is prestine. But instead of unjamming that way, why not just press the R key and he will do an unjamming animation, obviously you can move, and its fixed? Much simpler.

Much simplier to remove reloading and put all rounds into one magazine. And hell with it - "DayZ 2D is how to be" - A new slogan for a new vision... Much simplier. 

I don't get it. Your English is throwing me off.

I don't get it. Your English is throwing me off.

Well, sorry for this. I guess, it's problem with syntaxis etc. 

i honestly cba to do this, nice idea but nah

No. Simply because it is more of a natural reaction once you do it enough, and its not something you have to think about. Especially if you are using a magazine fed weapon, the bolt would be locked back if you are loading a new magazine, and all you need to do is release the bolt. Furthermore, if you have not fired all the rounds in the mag, then one will still be chambered, and there is no need for any bolt movement(best way to reload imo).

Well, the best variant is to create invisible weapons - no need to model them! It's simple! 

I don't even said about the ability to use safety mode. But it's very... It's needless to discuss. 

Why dont you buy a shooting simulation, then? Im sure there are some out there. But there is already like 5 steps to use a gun in dayz right now.

Equip the gun

Load the ammo

Raise your hands

Aim down the sights

Pull the trigger

And you would like to see how many steps added to this? Lol

Why dont you buy a shooting simulation, then? Im sure there are some out there. But there is already like 5 steps to use a gun in dayz right now.

Equip the gun

Load the ammo

Raise your hands

Aim down the sights

Pull the trigger

And you would like to see how many steps added to this? Lol

DayZ is basically a "shooting simulator" in case you didn't know. The ballistics are incredible, but the current weapons are shit so you wouldn't know.

DayZ is basically a "shooting simulator" in case you didn't know. The ballistics are incredible, but the current weapons are shit so you wouldn't know.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

• Like 1

*facepalm*

Thanks for explaining your join date of 2014

Thanks for explaining your join date of 2014

Thanks for explaining your post that made no sense at all...

This is a good idea, I do find it interesting that they've changed the weapon holding animations to replicate those of an untrained user, yet these untrained people can pull off ridiculously fast reloads even if the mag they're loading is buried under 600million kilograms of junk in a backpack

Something like a "Gears-Of-War" style: You leave it alone to reload slowly, or hit a button to do it fast, but if you hit the button at the wrong time, it jams?