Sign in to follow this  
domonos

Tents in standalone soon?

Well I saw on dayz tv a couple weeks ago somebody uploaded and shared pictures of a leaked tent model. I THINK they are real but I am not for sure. I was wondering if any of you guys have heard or seen any news on tents and when they might be put in. I am very excited for them because I will finally be able to call something a base or HQ and store things there. :)

The files are in place for them. I assume we will see them in the next experimental, and if we do, my excitement will be comparable to a homeless man that find a duffle bag full of solid gold bars.

• Like 1

The files are in place for them. I assume we will see them in the next experimental, and if we do, my excitement will be comparable to a homeless man that find a duffle bag full of solid gold bars.

Thats a tonnnnnn of excitement lol

I am sooooo excited. Thanks for sharing that. I am not trying to get my hopes up for tomorow but this and a car are my biggest hopes but I would like a tent first just a tad more.

I follow a guy on YouTube named CommanderPixel who is very active and posts new stuff being added, or stuff that has been added. You should definitely check him out, he did a video on tents being added.

Link to his channel: CommanderPixel

Edited by Zedertone

I follow a guy on YouTube named CommanderPixel who is very active and posts new stuff being added, or stuff that has been added. You should definitely check him out, he did a video on tents being added.

Link to his channel: CommanderPixel

Errr.... His latest video asserts that the CZ 527 is to be in 7.62x39.

Unless I missed a tweet/reddit post from Torchia, he said pretty emphatically that it'd be chambered in 5.56x45.

EDIT - I missed a post, neat!

unu6D9db_normal.jpeg

Chris Torchia @ctorchia

Just got the ok from design to switch the CZ527 over to 7.62x39mm. Wouldn't make sense for a common rifle to fire rare ammo.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Errr.... His latest video asserts that the CZ 527 is to be in 7.62x39.

Unless I missed a tweet/reddit post from Torchia, he said pretty emphatically that it'd be chambered in 5.56x45.

EDIT - I missed a post, neat!

unu6D9db_normal.jpeg

Chris Torchia @ctorchia

Just got the ok from design to switch the CZ527 over to 7.62x39mm. Wouldn't make sense for a common rifle to fire rare ammo.

Yea he said the cz527 was going to switch over to 7.62x39 and in that the .223 or 5.56 nato would change and then a cz 527 varmint would be added .

Change had to do with 5.56 only spawning on heli crashes atm.

62f1d1f45f.png

Well they werent in this experimental but maybe the next one hopefully.

i highly doubt it, and it would be completely useless unless they add persistence as well in the next exp.

Storage and possibly shelter for when rain actually does anything.

It doesn't look like tents are going to be a requirement for persistent storage.

But anyway.

Never played the mod but I’m still puzzled by the “tent” thing and the necessity to have them in before implementing persistent storage. Can’t this be simply achieved with an additional backpack hidden somewhere in the wild?

Can any of the mod players here indicate how many slots are generally available with the tents? Any indication on how much loot can be packed in ? 

On the other hand I think I like the fact that a tent is fairly hard to hide, making it a “questionable” option for storage.

Red

I had to quote this. i might save it for a sig actually, never before has another human being so perfectly and accurately described my raw emotions with the frailty of the written word. I commend thee. 

Let's be honest. Persistent objects will be super broken on release :D

Like everything else on release. But they have 2 million testers to discover all bugs and glitches and exploits in first 15 minutes. That is why I think Early acces alpha is great thing. They have maybe 50-60 testers max, they can barely fill 2 servers. And maybe they would never try to exploit glitches. 

Never played the mod but I’m still puzzled by the “tent” thing and the necessity to have them in before implementing persistent storage. Can’t this be simply achieved with an additional backpack hidden somewhere in the wild?

Can any of the mod players here indicate how many slots are generally available with the tents? Any indication on how much loot can be packed in ? 

On the other hand I think I like the fact that a tent is fairly hard to hide, making it a “questionable” option for storage.

Red

In the mod a tent was something like...

10 weapon slots

50 Item slots

5 toolbelt slots

However there was only one size. From the leaked pics there was a tent_medium so hopefully in SA there will me different sized ones. Also there was a "rest" context menu in the mod that didn't do anything much, so maybe wel get that feature with them.

Im hoping weather and zombies can destroy tents under the right conditions, then theres more to worry about than just players. Well hidden mod camps could last a good while :)