Sign in to follow this  
gutzufuss

Server-Browser Maintenance Warning Message

The Idea:

DayZ need a message box which inform the player about the weekly maintenance. The message box should only display if it is wednesday during the maintenance time.

Reason:
Every wednesday there are a lot of new threads in the steam-community-forum where people explain that they can't find any servers. It should be the task from the game to inform the player why they can't find any servers (forum independent!). The message box would inform the player about the weekly maintenance and reduce or completely remove the threads every wednesday.

A picture which show how the message could look like:

3pexmauc3u6.jpg

I know that battlEye inform the player about the maintenance at wednesday BUT this isn't a good solution. The ingame chat-message by BattlEye is annoying and flood the chat (which you can tolerate at a early alpha game). It's also not shown for people who start playing at wednesday (because, there are not server to join). The information about maintenance shouldn't be ingame, it should be at the source of the problem; at the server-browser-menu.

I already posted this idea in the steam-community-forum, but the feedback was not as expected. There are still threads about "no server" in the steam-community-forum every wednesday, so I would like to start again a discussion about my solution. The maintenance is a fixed day (wednesday) and it's easy to programm (if (day == wednesday) than show MaintentanceInfoBox).

What do you think about my idea?

(sorry for my poor english skills)

• Like 1