Etherious

Senchi's Last Map Addition Before Month Vacation

So, I am late with the news but almost 5-6 hours ago Senchi the Lead World Designer for DayZ has said that he will be leaving for a whole month and in that one month there will be no map changes til he comes back in August. However, he said that before he leaves next week, he will TRY to add Turovo, a new village in the upcoming Experimental Update that is coming Monday.

https://twitter.com/_SenChi__/status/482857610287517697

https://twitter.com/_SenChi__/status/482914818304016384

cat-burnt-out.jpg

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

They deserve vacations, that's for sure.

On the other hand I hate when development slows down :-).

But yeah, new villages can wait. Architecture and stuff is more important.

• Like 1

They deserve vacations, that's for sure.

On the other hand I hate when development slows down :-).

But yeah, new villages can wait. Architecture and stuff is more important.

While I am sad that there won't be more additions, the developers need them vacations. :) 

• Like 1

At least this guy that is working at fixing wall glitching is not taking vacation.

• Like 1

At least this guy that is working at fixing wall glitching is not taking vacation.

Yea. xD Although the wall glitching really has to do with the buildings themselves so in order to properly fix them, they need new building layouts. :3 Also, I would really like to see a village made completely out of cabins or something to that nature. xD

Where will turovo be added?

I have no idea. :o

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Where will turovo be added?

I have no idea. :o

I'd have to guess its the town in the NW that was there, then removed and needed further work. Seems like the most plausible place since it already had a ton of work done as it was. 

• Like 1

I'd have to guess its the town in the NW that was there, then removed and needed further work. Seems like the most plausible place since it already had a ton of work done as it was. 

I hope so because all these East cities/villages are getting a little ridiculous. I would like to have more cities/villages spread out...ex. NWAF/Kamenka area. :3 

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

I'd have to agree. Right now it's the loneliest water pump on the map. Stopped by for a fill up yesterday and felt just a little...exposed.

• Like 1

That's a fair guess. There are a few other pre-developed spots available as well:

-141 003

-094 015

-092 007

-079 028

-066 008

-049 002

The area you're referring to is (014 033). My guess is that Smirnovo (http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Smirnovo) will be at either (094 015) or (092 007) based on the road sign, so it's likely one of the other ones. The farther west the better, I say :)

I'd have to agree. Right now it's the loneliest water pump on the map. Stopped by for a fill up yesterday and felt just a little...exposed.

According to the map there are three water pumps there now, but I didn't see any the last time I was there about a week ago on 0.45 except for the one that's always been there. It's very empty, but being nestled up against the woods, it's actually a very serene and beautiful place to relax. (Below is one of my screenshots from that trip that I uploaded to the wiki):

EmptyMeadow_3a.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Its funny to me that right now, there are a ton of places in the DayZ SA map that remind of the prevalent housing tracts and many that are left unfinished in the US..

like this one here:

unfinished%20building%20lots%5B6%5D.jpg?

• Like 1

Maybe their going to add new buildings as well? Kind of a tad tired of the old buildings. xD