Sign in to follow this  
Helix2000

Minimal inventory

since the hunting and fishing update, i have tried to live, just as a personal challenge, with as few items as possible and avoid towns whenever i can. the smallest amount of items that i can get by on so far is as follows:

improvised backpack, a fire axe, a mosin,with 20 rounds, matches, a canteen, 1 bandage, a kitchen knife, water purification tablets, and the rest of my bag has been taken up with cow meat. at the moment, i can stay out of a town until i run out of tablets or ammunition.

so my question to you people is what is your minimal invent, and how long can you stay out of towns?

• Like 1

You realize tablets do nothing right?

yeah but i am a camping nut IRL and it makes me happy to have them...

• Like 2

You got it all wrong.

If you going to live in da woods away from civilization then you are taking big ass mountain backpack and all the stuff including all sorts of medicine.

Improvised backpack is for player killing in towns and hot zones to help you ambush players becouse it's small and not stand out from you (like child backpack for xemple).

• Like 2

I don't even need the gun, I see my targets first, or the backpack, a nicety.  Hoodie and cargo pants are all you REALLY need.

1 bandage.

So in other words, four fireplaces later you're stuck scrambling for kindling.

You should loot books if you're going to do this playstyle. They're plentiful and give four fires each. (three pages of paper, then the book itself)

• Like 1

Looking for minimal inventory guy to carry all my excessive luggage.   :D

• Like 1

If you are aiming for surviving outside of towns, you don´t even need a backpack. There are not enough items to verify a backpack at all. 

Water is everywhere, same goes for food. Matches is something you need but the rest is in the woods. One axe, one knife, bandages, alcohol to fix ruined rages(questionable) and a  fishing rot if you really want to fish (best food for now) and that´s it pretty much. A winchester/mosin might be a good idea but is not really needed. Later on you need puri tablet, vitamins and maybe antis. But a backpack is never needed in the game. With the camo clothes or hunter clothes you have so much space that there is no need for a backpack. It just makes you waaay more visible => easier to kill. 

Water is everywhere

Just keep eye on the updates, becouse water from ponds and streams gonna gieve you infection/sickness but for now this feature is broken.

since the hunting and fishing update, i have tried to live, just as a personal challenge, with as few items as possible and avoid towns whenever i can. the smallest amount of items that i can get by on so far is as follows:

improvised backpack, a fire axe, a mosin,with 20 rounds, matches, a canteen, 1 bandage, a kitchen knife, water purification tablets, and the rest of my bag has been taken up with cow meat. at the moment, i can stay out of a town until i run out of tablets or ammunition.

so my question to you people is what is your minimal invent, and how long can you stay out of towns?

Nice setup, i don't do the tablets, vitamins instead ;)

You got it all wrong.

If you going to live in da woods away from civilization then you are taking big ass mountain backpack and all the stuff including all sorts of medicine.

Improvised backpack is for player killing in towns and hot zones to help you ambush players becouse it's small and not stand out from you (like child backpack for xemple).

I beg to disagree, the mountain backpack is terrible for rear vision and also stands out a mile away. The improvised makes you think about the lack of slots meaning you have to carry necessities and not luxuries, whilst also being slimline and providing excellent rear vision. The improv backpack is the first item i strive to achieve with every survivor, had nothing to do with pvp in any way :)

• Like 1

Water is everywhere

nope not in the nord , nw corner, and west side woods  - here is nothing  <_<  ^^  here you need to go in a town.  

Actually, the only thing you need to "survive" is one inventory slot for an apple or orange. Since they've yet to fix a bug that lets you infinitely consume the same item, it kind of kills the entire point of the game.

Step 1: Find apple.

Step 2: Run into the woods as deeply as desired.

Step 3: Survive indefinitely as you lay prone in a random pond (since we can't drown) in the forest only surfacing to munch on your apple in complete safety miles away from the nearest player or zed.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 5

Actually, the only thing you need to "survive" is one inventory slot for an apple or orange. Since they've yet to fix a bug that lets you infinitely consume the same item, it kind of kills the entire point of the game.

Step 3: Survive indefinitely as you lay prone in a random pond (since we can't drown) in the forest only surfacing to munch on your apple in complete safety miles away from the nearest player or zed.

I bet you have fun at parties

I bet you have fun at parties

I'm married, I'm not allowed to go to parties.

But seriously, that bug needs to be fixed. It's been on the Tracker since January. I find it difficult to force myself to stock up on rice, beans and whatever canned goods I can find, let alone hunt, when this one little bug completely negates survival.

• Like 4

I'm married, I'm not allowed to go to parties.

But seriously, that bug needs to be fixed. It's been on the Tracker since January. I find it difficult to force myself to stock up on rice, beans and whatever canned goods I can find, let alone hunt, when this one little bug completely negates survival.

Canned peaches master race

I've just checked in google methods for duping food and water in DayZ Standalone.

And boy, I can't belive I was looking for food like a noob when you can just duplicate things :D

• Like 1

I beg to disagree, the mountain backpack is terrible for rear vision and also stands out a mile away. The improvised makes you think about the lack of slots meaning you have to carry necessities and not luxuries, whilst also being slimline and providing excellent rear vision. The improv backpack is the first item i strive to achieve with every survivor, had nothing to do with pvp in any way :)

I agree.  Improv backpack all the way.  Makes me feel like a survivor, not like some Shirpa Dean paid to carry his stuff up Everest.  ;)

• Like 1

i play hardcore on my own,  mess around on regular with mates who play that.

on regular, 20 rounds, 6 rags, is all i want. binos/pu scope r a bonus.

sure its possible to glitch-eat,  i have no interest in using any kind of glitch to my advantage though.  

would be nice to see it and other glitches fixed asap, while no one is forced to glitch eat.

• Like 1