SniperwolfMR

Weapon sway solution?

I have, on occasion experienced the herky jerky sway bug with an M4, a Mosin, a Crossbow, a blaze, but never with pistols. I cant consistently reproduce it. Sometimes it goes away mid session. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes a relog fixes it, sometimes it starts up imeadietly on login.

Don't know what causes it. Not certain of any particular way to fix it. But its there, and its ridiculous. Impossible to predict. And eventually to be fixed. Not a problem for me. Its alpha, I expect issues like this to crop up now and then. Shit happens.

But one thing. ONE thing currently in game that irritates me to no end: RANDOM DISPERSION. Im not MAD at the devs for creating it or not fixing it yet, but I am glaring at them, in a figurative sense, hoping they will fix it soon.

Just move left while aiming and there will be no sway at all. It´s pinpoint aiming. Same goes for moving forward - stupid but works. 

• Like 2

I am afraid an Alpha is nothing for you if you consider weapon sway of a single gun gamebreaking..

A single gun? Have you played Stable in the last 2 weeks? 

By the way...

Oh and...

I think the thing is, us "Fanboys" are patient enough to wait and know there's most likely a fix for these so called "game breaking" issues.

Proof that you didn't read my entire post,

Just move left while aiming and there will be no sway at all. It´s pinpoint aiming. Same goes for moving forward - stupid but works. 

Ohhhh that's why those PvPers on youtube video that I was looking were moving while shooting like that.

It's a pro trick to reduce the weapon sway to zero and shoot just like in Call of Duty.

Good to know this exploit, will help in PvP alot.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

Ohhhh that's why those PvPers on youtube video that I was looking were moving while shooting like that.

It's a pro trick to reduce the weapon sway to zero and shoot just like in Call of Duty.

Good to know this exploit, will help in PvP alot.

Yeh, sad but it works. On a sidenote, the sway seems to be very weird in it´s appearance. Today I had no sway with my mosin at all. I just play experimental for now but I had sway last time but today there was no sway.  

• Like 1

I noticed that it disappeared when I crouch. Or at least wasn't noticeable. This was unscoped though.

Edited by freethink

Proof that you didn't read my entire post,

Although my post was actually directed towards someone who stated something about Fanboys, I'll put this here.

Have fun with it.

I wrote my rage against the fanbois in the full knowledge of Hicks' posts. And he underpins my case that this is/was a BUG. But the fanbois refuse to acknowledge that it even exists. Imo your post backfired spectacularly. Notice how I didn't lose a single bad word about the DayZ devs, but about this religious community. Anyway, it will be fixed and I'll be happy.

Edited by Khanarac

Has no one else tried to eliminate the jerky with the suggestion I made by using a splint?

I would really like to know if this works for others too.

dear tiggy pooh

NO ;)

As in "No, I have not tried that.", or "No, I tried it and it does not work for me".?

As in "No, I have not tried that.", or "No, I tried it and it does not work for me".?

To clear things up: YES it works some times. There is a second bug where you have additional sway when you got hurt by any kind of damage that appears randomly for me and my friends so far. Morphin or a splint WILL fix that problem. For the sway + using fov and weapon sway itself there is a bug that fixes the bug yes. But since it's a bug and can be exploided I obviously can't spill it out in public <_<

Edited by TyrDaishi

it is a bug, it will be fixed, if you can't play with it...

DON'T

end of story