Sign in to follow this  
darthbane67

A way to make groups and not break immersion...maybe.

My plan is simple we take rags and combine them with an item that will give the rags color (say berries or flowers) and wear them as armbands. A person takes any rags he/she has in their inventory dyes them whatever color allowed by crafting recipe and then passes them out to group members. The group can then maybe see a tag above head or the rag armband can be bright or highlighted and we can also add group chat maybe. The group leader is of course the person giving out the armbands and maybe they can even name the group and we can see it on the armbands. This also means that if a group uses the same color we can still tell who is who because its not dependent on the color but the person handing them out. Some system like this I think will make grouping immersive and not be a simple group management screen like in ARMA 3. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to say this is a bad idea or it is a good one.

I def. see the benefits, specially when you watch some of the videos on YT when a clan start shooting each other, or having the whole group take off their pants looks hilarious.

Armbands in different colors or even with clan emblems sounds cool and would not take away the immersion, but having them glow and having a tag above their head does take away the immersion.

If you suggested having more than black and green spray cans and being able to spray rags and tie them to the upper arm I would give you my beans!

If the different colored spray cans is a problem, then just have a red t-shirt create red rags, blue t-shirts create blue rags, ...!

I forgot to mention that when DayZ SA goes full release I am sure we will be seeing such things in the mods.

Edited by TiggyPooh

I'm not going to say this is a bad idea or it is a good one.

I def. see the benefits, specially when you watch some of the videos on YT when a clan start shooting each other, or having the whole group take off their pants looks hilarious.

Armbands in different colors or even with clan emblems sounds cool and would not take away the immersion, but having them glow and having a tag above their head does take away the immersion.

If you suggested having more than black and green spray cans and being able to spray rags and tie them to the upper arm I would give you my beans!

If the different colored spray cans is a problem, then just have a red t-shirt create red rags!

Give me your beans I meant color them by any means be it dyeing them from flowers or berries to spray painting them. The reason I have the highlight or tag as part of the suggestion is because just adding colored armbands will not solve the problem of friendly fire. It would be exactly like saying "okay we all wear black baseball cap (armband)" but then you come upon someone not in your group who is wearing a black cap (armband). This can causes confusion and defeats the purpose of wearing something to identify friends. The glow or tag or w.e allows there to be something that separates my black armband from his black armband allowing no confusion while trying to not destroy to much immersion. Personally for me immersion doesn't matter when it comes to grouping and pvp but I know some one you like it so I am trying to compromise.

This is more for the PvP side of things in the game and preparation is vital.

Get your group together before entering such engagements, and get everyone familiar with what each and everyone is wearing.

Use comms (TS, Skype) and give precise information how you want your team to move.

Have them report their positions and their movements, keep useless chat to a minimum and use easy short and understandable commands.

It's such a laugh when you watch some of the videos on YT with kids screaming around shooting their own team and giving information like "there is one standing next to the tree over there". :lol:  

• Like 1

This is more for the PvP side of things in the game and preparation is vital.

Get your group together before entering such engagements, and get everyone familiar with what each and everyone is wearing.

Use comms (TS, Skype) and give precise information how you want your team to move.

Have them report their positions and their movements, keep useless chat to a minimum and use easy short and understandable commands.

It's such a laugh when you watch some of the videos on YT with kids screaming around shooting their own team and giving information like "there is one standing next to the tree over there". :lol:  

Yes we know this but stuff happens and mistakes happen having a visual queue simplifies things and reduces risk to your team. Every player is not as tactical as you or I the majority of players need something like this and even some rusty vets. This is also a way to do a group system other than old ARMA way of having a menu system where you see a list of names and invite then seeing a hex on your screen marking the player.

Dean announced something similar a half year ago.

Well then my suggestion will be taken more seriously so support it and bring it to his forefront.

honestly im on the tactical sides of things with no marker above head. I like the idea of rags or something to help identify but honestly using voiced commands and recognition is the most immersive way and seperates the true survival player apart from the straight run out and gun someone to death players.

• Like 1