Sign in to follow this  
XallZall (DayZ)

Now I am getting angry...

Hello Community I regret to inform you that the mere reason for me to join the forums is out of pure frustration.

I understand the game being in "Alpha" but the amount of game breaking/ruining experiences I encountered sofar is outrages.

I would like to share you my Dayz "Experience" so far and make a report/conclusion of it.

I started playing about 2 or 3 weeks ago and the first moments were exciting and most enjoyable.

However bugs were noticeable very early. Such as the zombies running through buildings etc. To be honest I did not care much for that since it was not game breaking.

My sad story is that I died so far about 11 times (I am a good survive so for me that's allot of deaths) but the issue here is: From 11 times dying only once did I have a "fair death", being knocked out by some bandit player and only because I was distracted for a moment. The rest of the 10 deaths are all glitch/bug deaths. At least 6 of those "deaths" are not even real deaths, I just for some reason lose all my stuff and am reset at a new spawn location.

WHICH IS VERY FRUSTRATING.

I generally manage to survive for days only to lose everything for NO REASON.

Today just gathering almost everything what I had lost form random character resets which happened to me TWICE in one day while almost having all my stuff back, another wierd glitch death accrued.

As I was once again excited due to the fact of finding both a pristine ammo box and a yellow storage box and having nearly everything again, I continued my way to find things and "Double tapped W" for a fast sprint up the fire station stairway I miserly died immediately.

Several messages popped up at the same time:

I think my leg is fractured.
My leg is in pain.
My leg is in extreme pain.
I think my leg is broken.

And then a second later:

You are dead.

NO! I yelled. NOT AGAIN!

Seriously, I don't die from players, I don't die from starvation nor do I die from thrust or zombies or sickness I die because of this BS.

The other day I walked on one of the balconies and my character fell right threw it leaving me to fall 40 meters to my death.

And now I ran and fell and broke my legs in some forest and I can't even respwan.

Im stuck out in the nowhere unable to die, unable to walk. It would take me hours if not days to the next city.

I am just angry. Unenjoyable the game at this stage. I do not even think there is a reason for me to play it anymore.

My advise to alike players, DO NOT EVEN BOTHER LOOTING YOUR FAVORITE STUFF. You will just lose it to bugs.

Just get whatever you can and kill other players because there is no reason to actually bother finding something of value. What's the point of helping others and staying alive when you just die in this pathetic manor.

Right now its just a pvp game. And not survival.

Get some random gun and some canned food and that's it. No point of exploring or collecting items of interest.

Edit: I rarly changed servers and whenever I did it was always the same hosts, example (Dayz DE hosted by... and so forth.)
And I now diliberatly changed servers to get my character reset so that I do not have to crawl my way to the next city which also does not work.

I also find it laughable that they tried to fix the wall glitching bugs but failed to fix the bug where you fall into buildings by joing a server, in where I was stuck for a half an hour before GLITCHING to freedom.

Edited by XallZall

All these were due to shitty engine, which is on the way out, so stick around its finally becoming a real game

Take six months off and return for beta. It's not like you don't own the game already.

Alpha is an unfinished game in very early stages of development. Beta is an unfinished game that is almost ready to go and just being polished up and balanced.

Getting exactly what you signed up for in alpha :) Just be thankful it's actually playable and mostly all the bugs do is kill/reset you character rather than BSoDing your computer or corrupting drives.

"I understand it's alpha, but..."

2013-12-30_00001.jpg

Definition of alpha (n)
Bing Dictionary
  • al·pha
  • [ álfə ]
  •  
  1. 1st letter of Greek alphabet: the first letter of the Greek alphabet represented in the English alphabet as "a"
  2. alphabetical: relating to or being in alphabetical order
  3. of first test version: describes the first working version of a new hardware or software product or upgrade.

No, you clearly do not.

• Like 3

2 Million copies sold and these game ruining bugs still persist.

Like I said, I do not mind minor bugs but these ones are major.

And to:

Guppy the Dayz.
You obviusly take pleasure in trolling and waisting your time, go bore someone else.

This is about game breaking bugs that defeat the core purpose of the game which is survival.

And how long should one put up with the excuse "this is just an alpha" when already this game sold more then 2 million times?
If there were no game-breaking bugs I would well see past every other minor/moderate bugs.

But yeah your right we should just keep silent! And expect nothing, complain about nothing, hear nothing see nothing say nothing. We should just take it because ohh, its a "alpha".

Your mentality is of the average joes well done.

You also fail to acknowledge the fact that dispite me posting in a angry state I nontheless added -FEEDBACK- and reports of what happened which then can also help to indentify the problem and spread awareness about certain bugs and glitches.

Go bing and make some screenshots of something else now!

Edited by XallZall

2 Million copies sold and these game ruining bugs still persist.

Like I said, I do not mind minor bugs but these ones are major.

And to:

Guppy the Dayz.

You obviusly take pleasure in trolling and waisting your time, go bore someone else.

This is about game breaking bugs that defeat the core purpose of the game which is survival.

And how long should one put up with the excuse "this is just an alpha" when already this game sold more then 2 million times?

If there were no game-breaking bugs I would well see past every other minor/moderate bugs.

But yeah your right we should just keep silent! And expect nothing, complain about nothing, hear nothing see nothing say nothing. We should just take it because ohh, its a "alpha".

Your mentality is of the average joes well done.

Again

You obviously know little about game development, and you don't seem to understand what "alpha" means.

Let me inform you.

An Alpha is a buggy, no near completed, trainwreck of an unfinished game that isn't even meant to be sold to the general public.

It was sold because Dean was pressured by the fanbase.

Which promptly assreamed him with complaints about it's bugginess.

Listen, you are new here, and literally have NO IDEA how many threads have been posted exactly like this, with the same summary, with the same tags as you've used.

DayZ is 20% done. We are not players, we are testers. Our job, as testers, is to either WAIT FOR BETA- Something I suggest you do- or playtest the game, report bugs (not whine about them on the forum), and give POSITIVE, CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK.

I see you as nothing more than another single-poster, who will complain, leave, and never come back again.

So, please. Don't let the door hit you on your way out, just finish ranting on your first-and only- post, and never come back again.

• Like 2

One should put up with the excuse "this is just an alpha" until the game moves into beta development.

[ed]And when that happens, one should be prepared to put up with the new excuse "this is just a beta" right up until the final release of the game. Then one may start complaining about any remaining bugs.[/]

The number of copies sold does not in any way correlate with how fast the developers can write code.

Not taking sides here, but as Guppy has pointed out all the issues you are having have already been submitted many times before, and coming here to rant in frustration will not help your cause.

Edited by zeeabo
  • Like 2

Again:

I just gave, constructive feedback which you failed to take notice of.

I gave detailed descriptions of what happened.

To sum it up just for you:

1. Losing my stuff by joining the server randomly.
2. Falling down the apartment when entering the balcony.
3. Dying in the firestation when walking/sprinting up the stairs.
4. Unable to die/respwan with broken legs in the middle of nowhere without an axe or any item to cut wood.

Just because you concider this to be a "rant" does not mean it has no point or purpose. But then again play the wise guy. You clearly are not. And yes, post like this may have existed before, and more should come.

Look what happened with other games, for example Rome Total War II, which was released in a buggy state!
But this is besides the point.

The mere reason that people come to complain about certain issues/bugs/glitches/exploits -adds and magnifies/sets priorities-  to those problems. Which you fail to see again.

And even if its a one time post it just shows the frustration what the current bugs lead to. Which is the Title of this post. To qoute myself:
"Hello Community I regret to inform you that the mere reason for me to join the forums is out of pure frustration."

Yes I am frustrated but with reason. And I gave details of why and how.
And the more people do the more appearent certain problems become.

Edited by XallZall

Basically you have 3 options currently or combination thereof.

1. DayZ Feedback Tracker

2. This Game Is BS

3. Or stop playing and come back when the game is actually finished or more to your liking.

Simple isn't it?

Edited by R.Neville

R.Neville:

Yes that is accurate.

1. I will submit the issues to the Tacker.

2. The game is awesome but bugs/glitches/exploits ruin it.

3. Seeing that I do not want to crawl for hours lost in some forest, yes, I will stop playing and come back later.

As to your final sentence,

"Simple isnt it?"

Yes it is simple to look away and not do or say anything about anything.

R.Neville:

Yes that is accurate.

1. I will submit the issues to the Tacker.

2. The game is awesome but bugs/glitches/exploits ruin it.

3. Seeing that I do not want to crawl for hours lost in some forest, yes, I will stop playing and come back later.

As to your final sentence,

"Simple isnt it?"

Yes it is simple to look away and not do or say anything about anything.

Well, you aren't doing anything with this thread, provided that a dev has very little opportunity to look at it, it's been droned about many, many times, and this should be in the bugtracker.

TOOOOOOOOOO THE YAAAAAAARRRRRD!!!

Again:

I just gave, constructive feedback which you failed to take notice of.

I gave detailed descriptions of what happened.

To sum it up just for you:

1. Losing my stuff by joining the server randomly.

2. Falling down the apartment when entering the balcony.

3. Dying in the firestation when walking/sprinting up the stairs.

4. Unable to die/respwan with broken legs in the middle of nowhere without an axe or any item to cut wood.

Just because you concider this to be a "rant" does not mean it has no point or purpose. But then again play the wise guy. You clearly are not. And yes, post like this may have existed before, and more should come.

Look what happened with other games, for example Rome Total War II, which was released in a buggy state!

But this is besides the point.

The mere reason that people come to complain about certain issues/bugs/glitches/exploits -adds and magnifies/sets priorities-  to those problems. Which you fail to see again.

And even if its a one time post it just shows the frustration what the current bugs lead to. Which is the Title of this post. To qoute myself:

"Hello Community I regret to inform you that the mere reason for me to join the forums is out of pure frustration."

Yes I am frustrated but with reason. And I gave details of why and how.

And the more people do the more appearent certain problems become.

Also, may I point out

That the fact that you have joined the forums just to rant and vent off your frustration about very obvious issues that the devs are actively working on does literally nothing to contribute to the community of this forum, or this game.

Your very premise of existing on this forum does literally nothing to contribute, or "do something".

"Citing freedom of speech to back up your argument is the ultimate concession- you are literally stating that the most compelling thing you can offer on it's behalf, is that it is not illegal to state it."

The proper thread would actually be here. Rant away.

Edited by R.Neville

I've lost countless characters now due to glitches and the like.

Invisible zombies, random character wipes, weapons doing weight things, falling off cliff due to rubber banding, are just some of the deaths I have experienced due to "glitches".

But then what I did was I built a bridge...

It's an alpha, you can't have game ruining glitches in an alpha because it's not yet the final game.

If you can't deal with the current glitches, then wait until it's actually a finished game and then play.

Simples

• Like 1

Gruppy,

So tell me then, is all what you can do is just "search and destroy" anyone that has anything negative to say about the current state of the game and act all wanna be smart and intelligent?

Again you fail to see my points within my "rant" which is the only thing you can appearently see in it ignoring the fact that it listing the issues that I encountered.

Yeah just pick on the fact that its a "rant" and ignore everything else about it, or try to discredit it because I got frustrated about losing my stuff for the 4th time in a row due to bugs.

I already stated it once and I can state it again, it magnifies the issues, yes devs might not see it but the general knowlegde about current bugs will be magnified and therefore has a more liklyness that it will be infact heard.

Besides you defending everything you could did not offer any usefull advise.
Whatever have it your way and let no one speak about anything. Because if they do you will come with "Omg stop your wihning about it, its an alpha". Failing to see the reported issues within the post.

• Like 1

[..]Yeah just pick on the fact that its a "rant" and ignore everything else about it[..]

That is not what has happened here at all. Guppy has provided perfectly reasonable explanations for why it is the way it is at the moment, and why going on about extremely common bugs that have already been reported and are already under active development to be fixed is irrelevant. Bugs don't get fixed when a set number of people complain about them- they get fixed when the developers figure out what's causing the bug. ALL of the bugs and ALL of the information you posted regarding them are things that are well known problems that everyone other than you also runs into but just gets over it- or posts feedback if it's a bug that hasn't already been reported 100+ times.

Others have given you a plethora of more appropriate places to continue if you wish to. Somemod please send this to the yard.

Edited by zeeabo
  • Like 3

Anyways topic can be closed.

Game is to Buggy and Glitchy for my liking at its current state.

If this post did not help at pointing out current issues which are absolutly breaking the core of the game and can be dismissed as a simple rant then so be it. Obviusly some poeple think that saying nothing about anything is the way to go.

The fact that certain people can remain so cool losing thier gear and everything, (which makes the game currently unplayable for me) core bugs that still has not been fixed since December the 16, 2013 amazes me.

Anyways enjoy your day good sirs and good luck in Dayz Standalone, because I as sure did not.

Edit:

Zeeabo:

Yes that may be true but I am also new to the game which I stated as well, if I had not lost my gear so often so freaquently I would not even be here complaining or pointing out minor bugs. But it frustrated me to the extend that I had the urge to point out these game breaking bugs, providing feedback. If one gets this frustrated it is itself a feedback of how major a certain bug/glitch is.

The fact that these bugs may be commom is not that well known to me. Which I now have been lectured, but I do wonder if the "Running up the Firestation Stairs" which got me killed, is also known and/or is common.

And I know you are right when you say that bugs are not fixed by people that are complaining about it but do you not agree that the more point it out the higher the priority it will get for being fixed?

And if others would actted as profesionally as you did I guess I would not have made such a big deal out of it.

Edited by XallZall
  • Like 1

Stop arguing amongst yourselfs.
@ op these little glitches that happen to you all have work arounds that you will learn as you play more often...

1. Losing my stuff by joining the server randomly. (server not communicating with hive, not all servers are made equal).

2. Falling down the apartment when entering the balcony. (happened to me twice, now I toggle lean onto a balcony and never with an axe).

3. Dying in the firestation when walking/sprinting up the stairs.(don't sprint up stairs and always take care when negotiating any stairs, I was teaching someone last night, she fell of off the stairs in a barn).

4. Unable to die/respwan with broken legs in the middle of nowhere without an axe or any item to cut wood. (ask the Medics to come and fix you up)....

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/160262-need-medical-assistance-in-dayz-sa-find-your-medic-here/

It is not worth making bug reports for all these unfortunate glitches, they are well know to all regular players and have been part of the game since 2001 and believe me things have improved greatly with DayZ SA.

I fell through the railings in a stairwell while playing A3 yesterday, had to bandage myself...,

• Like 2

@ OP

give it some more time u will learn the dangerous positions and the tricky stuff ( never climb down a ladder while having a gun/axe in ur hand ) dont run on roofs , when will the server restart??...ect.

dude i raged so hard so many times but it is worth it.

today i get more often killed by other players then by glitches or desync. 

but it was a long way 

I dont know whats worse, us arguing about the game or the fact that devs dont really visit these forums to get inspiration for the game. Suggestion forum is just a waste of everyones time

@Boneboys

Thank you for your advice and detailed discription of why certain bugs/glitches do accure and what to do to avoid them or how to get out of them. This is what I was seeking for.

It is also refreshing to know that these bugs are known and are beiing worked on as well as the fact that I am not the only one running into these strange ones such as the Firestation one.

Right now I think I need a break from Dayz Standalone unfortunatly. Really gets ones blood boiling losing so much great loot : S

The first time I lost it I did not  make a big deal out of it. But the 4 and 5th time was just to much to handel...

Thanks again for the support.

Edit:

Muson_fry:

I also thank you for your advice. You are encouraging.

I do love this game, I just really hate dying like this.

Seriously Id prefer a bandit or some player to kill me. Or the knowlegde that it was my mistake that I died. That I can handel, just not these unfair deaths. My character been through so much, I been shot at etc, only to die by some bug/gltich.

Worst is that I do not know what else I would have to watch out for.

Edited by XallZall

...but the game sold 2 millions of copyes....

It's the new trend of some software house to earn money, instead of the good times when to test a game you had to play a DEMO!

Dayz devs have much more money than Dan Bilzerian

How many copy they will sell when on beta?

I love money laundry <3

When I started playing I made a post or 2 like this out of frustration and concern. Pretty much the same type of rant. A lot of people have. However, after time I came to understand a few things and also started seeing some progress after releases were made on Wednesday, I started to stop by Reddit on occasion to see what Rocket (Dean) had to say, and started to watch some videos interviewing staff and hearing what they're up to. Also keep in mind that there's a thread posted on this forum where Rocket is asked, "Should people buy the game yet?" and he responded in a manner that everyone needs to make a personal choice and consider, but at the current price point it's a no brainer. Additionally, two of the biggest things that are being worked on right now are the zombie collision detection / pathing (an entirely new navmesh system is in the works) and also the engine which is being overhauled and finally has a name as of E3 aka "Infusion". They refer to this as "Early Alpha Access" but in some regards one could argue that it's pre-alpha, and understanding all of this it's ok to get frustrated at times but you're basically getting to play the game as it's being built underneath you. Wednesday evenings after releases are pushed to stable (unless you've been playing experimental) you get to look forward to new features, tweaks, and fixes which can be exciting.

In the end, you either support the project and are along for the ride or you're not. I think most people who make these types of rants eventually "see the light", start having fun, reporting bugs, and getting involved in the community. People don't take the time to get frustrated and rant if they don't care.