sedge29

Screen Very Pixelated, Can't Read the Words.

So i've owned DayZ for about 2 months now, and I have loved playing it. However, I logged onto a server and I was getting a very low frame rate, so I decided to lower my video settings from Very High to High. Before this worked and I was able to play the game again without lag. This time, my screen got very pixelated and a black bar surrounded the screen which made the game screen much smaller and blurry. I figured I would restart the game. I joined and it was the same thing. So I restarted my computer, reinstalled DayZ onto steam, loaded the game and the screen is still blurry and pixelated and i cant read the words. I also cant see the mouse pointer so i cant select any of the options like change server or exit. I used the mouse arrows on my keyboard to highlight the options and pressed space and enter to select the options. I've tried to change my video settings and resolution to higher and lower settings and nothing worked. I was able to join a server and run around, its just very blurry and pixelated still. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be great! 

Thanks!

I've had the exact same problem but I haven't been able to figure this out either... I too would love to find out how to fix this so I can get back to playing.

This is happening to me too...everything is also huge. Haven't found a way to fix it.

post-211419-0-67394400-1403472394_thumb.

If you want to fix the large pixely screen here's how:
1:Enter main menu, click configure button (1 above bottom)
2:Click video (one above bottom left)
3:Click user interface (one above bottom left)\
4:Top option is resolution (change it to anything)
5: the screen will return to normal

set up your "USER INTERAFCES" to your aspect ratio (16:9 or 16:10) and resolution of your monitor.

this should help ;-)

gonna try when i get home, was trying it but was getting a black border on the center top and bottom of screen, and hitting random lag spikes, aswell as not being able to see the mouse, but i will try that :)

I was able to figure out the fix with trial and error on my own when this first happened to me. However it seems to happen over and over again anytime I attempt to adjust video settings. Is it just another bug well have to wait for a fix?

If you want to fix the large pixely screen here's how:

1:Enter main menu, click configure button (1 above bottom)

2:Click video (one above bottom left)

3:Click user interface (one above bottom left)\

4:Top option is resolution (change it to anything)

5: the screen will return to normal

THANK YOU SSSSOOOO MMMMUUUCCCHHHH!!!!!!

This problem has ruined the game for me, Upgraded from gtx 550 to gtx 750 and it still happens... 

I also get this glitch with Arma 3 and Dayz mod, very annoying.

Edited by kev355